Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Redeye Charger Build

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Charger Srt Hellcat Redeye
Hello hellcat lovers!!! My name is Ray from Tucson Arizona! I purchased a 2021 charger hellcat redeye smoke show grey in april of 2023. It’s been a solid car and fun to drive so far. Only complaints i have are tons of break dust on the wheels and the oem tires are garbage. I’ll be taking care of those mods shortly as well as a few other things. Also planning on getting the direct connection possibly all the way up to stage 2. This should be a fun mild build. Stay tuned for updates! Here some pics of it! Enjoy! 😉 IMG_7498.jpeg IMG_7489.jpeg IMG_7467.jpeg IMG_7445.jpeg IMG_7443.jpeg IMG_8685.jpeg

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That basketball hoop sticking out of the roof is a little different!

:p

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

TAXI only option

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Welcome! If you want to talk build options that aren’t direct connections let me know. I offer a wide range of different options. From mild to wild!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Just be aware, the OEM brakes are chosen to handle the speeds the car can do. Aftermarket brake pads may produce less dust, but might not perform as well under extreme circumstances.

I do land speed trials, and I use OEM.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
For DD duty, the low dust pads cut down on the dust considerably. You’ll definitely feel a difference in the brakes when you swap them though.

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Jon has my hellcat running 10.2 in the 1/4 His tunes are awesome also get the trans tune

Brake pads I agree. Keep the stock pads and just clean the rotors. I tried aftermarket pads and after the second run I could no longer take the first turn off, had to use the last turn off.

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8

Nothing like playing ball while traveling 😀

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Welcome! If you want to talk build options that aren’t direct connections let me know. I offer a wide range of different options. From mild to wild!
Awesome I’ll keep that in mind! Thx

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Jon has my hellcat running 10.2 in the 1/4 His tunes are awesome also get the trans tune

Brake pads I agree. Keep the stock pads and just clean the rotors. I tried aftermarket pads and after the second run I could no longer take the first turn off, had to use the last turn off.
What do you have done to your cat? 10.2 is moving! I got the z26 pads already I’ll give them a shot, if I don’t like them I’ll swap them back.

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
For DD duty, the low dust pads cut down on the dust considerably. You’ll definitely feel a difference in the brakes when you swap them though.
Will most likely dd the z26 and track days swap them out real quick. I’ll see how the z26 do first. Thx for the info

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Just be aware, the OEM brakes are chosen to handle the speeds the car can do. Aftermarket brake pads may produce less dust, but might not perform as well under extreme circumstances.

Thx for the info. I’ll keep that in mind!

catdad

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake City
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
What do you have done to your cat? 10.2 is moving! I got the z26 pads already I’ll give them a shot, if I don’t like them I’ll swap them back.
Jon's engine and trans tune. Im pushing his 93 tune with boostane. That was running a 3.09 diff and after my 10.2 pass I left the diff on the track. Its had 3 years of abuse so im happy. I have the stock 2.62 back in it now and really don't feel much difference in pull. Ill get it to the track and see if the 2.62 slowed it down.
Also have adjustable rear control arms and cradle lock out. Car is 4640 lbs without me in it. It took alot of track time to get it there. The more you go to the track the faster you will get. Get your traction fixed first, then add power.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

I agree if doing something like what you are. 99% of us will not do that.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
Welcome from Yuma "neighbor", I see you got the fastest color!

I'm keeping mine relatively stock with just minor cosmetic mods (see signature), at least for as long as the warranty is in effect. With our sun you should definitely consider a legit paint correction and ceramic treatment...I drove all the way out your way just to have System X applied to mine when it was brand new and it's the best money I've spent on it so far and makes it too easy to keep clean and protected from the sun. Same stuff used on aircraft/jets and yachts, not that "Turtle Wax Ceramic Wash" crap you see in AutoZone...

If you want their information, please PM me.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I agree if doing something like what you are. 99% of us will not do that.
Maybe most of the 99% would be happier if they did! :)

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Jon's engine and trans tune. Im pushing his 93 tune with boostane. That was running a 3.09 diff and after my 10.2 pass I left the diff on the track. Its had 3 years of abuse so im happy. I have the stock 2.62 back in it now and really don't feel much difference in pull. Ill get it to the track and see if the 2.62 slowed it down.
Also have adjustable rear control arms and cradle lock out. Car is 4640 lbs without me in it. It took alot of track time to get it there. The more you go to the track the faster you will get. Get your traction fixed first, then add power.
Awesome thank you! That’s moving! Easy set up too. Can’t wait to see what you do in the future!

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
Welcome from Yuma "neighbor", I see you got the fastest color!

I'm keeping mine relatively stock with just minor cosmetic mods (see signature), at least for as long as the warranty is in effect. With our sun you should definitely consider a legit paint correction and ceramic treatment...I drove all the way out your way just to have System X applied to mine when it was brand new and it's the best money I've spent on it so far and makes it too easy to keep clean and protected from the sun. Same stuff used on aircraft/jets and yachts, not that "Turtle Wax Ceramic Wash" crap you see in AutoZone...

If you want their information, please PM me.
Hey neighbor haha. I have a ceramic coat on there now and been keeping up with it with the Adam’s Graphene collection. It’s Been staying flawless. Just with all the rain we been having I have to wash it every week for sure.

OP
RedEyeRay
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
So guys I did a couple mods! I went with the new jlt intake and the j&l catch can! Looks good in there. I noticed a light increase in sound and i can hear how much air it’s pulling in. Sounds like it’s flowing a lot more than oem. It also whines a little at idle. As for power I’m not sure yet. We will see at the track how it performs. IMG_0581.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Look good! Didn’t know JLT had a wide redeye intake like that
So guys I did a couple mods! I went with the new jlt intake and the j&l catch can! Looks good in there. I noticed a light increase in sound and i can hear how much air it’s pulling in. Sounds like it’s flowing a lot more than oem. It also whines a little at idle. As for power I’m not sure yet. We will see at the track how it performs. View attachment 132248