Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Lineup to be Announced July 2

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Sorry, forgot to point out another tidbit of FCA lameness:

one year production Durango Hellcat......doesn't get unique wheels, just dark ones like R/T (n):rolleyes:

FCA gotta pinch those pennies......just like Trackhawk.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Sorry, forgot to point out another tidbit of FCA lameness:

one year production Durango Hellcat......doesn't get unique wheels, just dark ones like R/T (n):rolleyes:

FCA gotta pinch those pennies......just like Trackhawk.
Way too similar, but they are not the same wheels. I agree though, if you're going to invest in a multiple wheel designs, at least make them look different from each other.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Way too similar, but they are not the same wheels. I agree though, if you're going to invest in a multiple wheel designs, at least make them look different from each other.

Why not just offer Hellcat wheels? These are Hellcats afterall.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I'm just sitting here thinking how much of a rebate they are going to have to attach to a 95k charger redeye after the intial glam and glitz wears off.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States

Good catch upon microscopic evidence LOL. Seeing the R/T drive off stage and the HC come on they looked identical.

Why not offer the ones from the SEMA Durango a couple years ago.??

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I'm just sitting here thinking how much of a rebate they are going to have to attach to a 95k charger redeye after the intial glam and glitz wears off.
Watch them pull all rebates for 2021

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
No Splitter Guards were present during this live presentation.... that is probably the #1 thing coming out of this.
Oh, also that the Durango Hellcat is one of the coolest things ever.
I left a similar comment on YouTube during the reveal.... getting some hate from the fancy folks on there, but an FCA employee chimed in with a zinger!!

@DodgeCares - I think we need a formal response from Dodge declaring the splitter guards garbage after delivery.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Why not just offer Hellcat wheels? These are Hellcats afterall.
That makes these Hellcat wheels too, lol

Good question. The Slingshot design was so well liked they brought it back twice. Maybe they figured it was time to move on to a 'new and improved' design.... That looks almost exactly like Durango R/T wheels :ROFLMAO:

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
That makes these Hellcat wheels too, lol

Good question. The Slingshot design was so well liked they brought it back twice. Maybe they figured it was time to move on to a 'new and improved' design.... That looks almost exactly like Durango R/T wheels :ROFLMAO:
Those are most definitely not Hellcat wheels lol. Those are SXT generic ones. Just ew.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
You could solve that problem for $1 with the Demon... how exactly are you solving it with the SS?
It won't trap 169 stock anyway. Otherwise you get an aftermarket tune.

The Demon is fine for what it is. The S/S is exactly the car I've been wanting them to make since the Demon.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Watch them pull all rebates for 2021
Pull the rebates ad watch them sit on the lots

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I left a similar comment on YouTube during the reveal.... getting some hate from the fancy folks on there, but an FCA employee chimed in with a zinger!!

@DodgeCares - I think we need a formal response from Dodge declaring the splitter guards garbage after delivery.
Personally, I think FCA should mandate they throw them away even if the customer requests them. Reasoning: Must be removed by dealer. Must be discarded by dealer (or better yet, require them to be sent back for reuse). Cannot be left on car as they will cause scratching to fascia and Dodge does not want warranty claims.

Simply put, this splitter guard idiocy has to stop.....they are dumb and ugly regardless of your car color and reasoning :) Learn how to drive.

@DodgeCares

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
One thing that the reveal was unclear on was the suspension set up on this new supersport. The RE was not marketed as a 100% drag purposed car (like the Demon) so does it have the drag specific suspension the Demon has, or just the tires/wheels/brakes.

I think Tim pushed this to the very edge of what SRT will do to get this Demon-like. He specifically mentioned not doing another Demon but even he has to know if they add any more (race gas tune, hood), then he/SRT will get pushback. And they probably don't want to -completely- piss off the Demon "brotherhood". Ha!

In all honestly, knowing that the Demon is STILL at the top of the big three totem pole three full years after being built is pretty crazy imo given the insane HP wars we are experiencing. I didn't think Dodge would do that (and clearly F and GM are well behind). For all three I think it's mostly practical (re: emissions). It's just not that easy to get more than 800hp on 91 octane fuel -without- supplying a second chip/tune/better gas. And I'll go on record here as saying race fuel won't be a 2022+ add on to any Redeye follow on. Too complicated (multiple tunes, no crate to piggy back on). Also not worth it given the very limited volume of cars and added headache of walking back "one year for Demon" only. Could they do it? Probably. Will they and is it worth it? Yeah, probably not.

That said, once they go to the next-gen platform and include electrification in some way, I'm sure we see 900, 1000hp on top end variants (Charger too). For me though, its ALL ICE or no go and I'd be more than happy if the Demon can hang on to that specific King Kong mantle. Electrification is cool, but for a performance car, it's just not for me.

"Track mode within the SRT Drive Modes on the SRT Super Stock activates a revised shock tuning for the drag radials"

Implies that the SS may have the Demon-like shock/springs; if not the softer spring rates, at least Drag mode setting on the Bilsteins.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Personally, I think FCA should mandate they throw them away even if the customer requests them. Reasoning: Must be removed by dealer. Must be discarded by dealer (or better yet, require them to be sent back for reuse). Cannot be left on car as they will cause scratching to fascia and Dodge does not want warranty claims.

Simply put, this splitter guard idiocy has to stop.....they are dumb and ugly regardless of your car color and reasoning :) Learn how to drive.

@DodgeCares
You just won the internet. People are sacrificing dignity for an $85 (yes - $85) part that costs less to replace if damaged than the fugly protectors.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yup @Speedy your are right we are a bunch of spoiled bastards that are never satisfied. Nothing wrong with that either it’s what separates us from the average crowd. Now all of you go to your garage without beer and do your homework on how to make better et’s and more horsepower. And for the last time turn down the music.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I enjoyed the video. We all were looking for "more" but there was "sum". I'm still not onboard with the Charger's front end. The Durango looks way better! I don't see the other 2 car makers doing videos like these

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
At least I'm not left thinking that I might want to trade up my Redeye earlier than expected (I haven't even got it yet). Durango looks good, agree about the wheels though. No-one has them in the UK, most seem to opt for failed middle management Audis with all the electrical bits and a paltry diesel engine.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody

@DodgeCares
First off....let's start calling them what they really are.....Shipping protectors.

They are NOT meant to stay on the car after it's been shipped. There are splitter "protectors" sold by aftermarket vendors. You don't even know they are there unless someone tells you.....big difference.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
First off....let's start calling them what they really are.....Shipping protectors.

They are NOT meant to stay on the car after it's been shipped. There are splitter "protectors" sold by aftermarket vendors. You don't even know they are there unless someone tells you.....big difference.
Until I read about them and not knowing what they were I wondered how it could be removed and had been worrying that it might be stuck on and whether a hairdryer might get it off :LOL:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Jack_Toepfer I'll disagree sir. There are limits to fuel and horsepower regardless of how it's made, electric add-ons aside. 900hp on 91 just ain't gonna happen.