Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1320 Owners

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Weather's looking better and better for Friday (MSHS Track Rental), Friday Night (Open Test n Tune) and Saturday (MSHS Event).

Here's the forecasted DA for Friday/Friday night (airdensityonline.com)
DA forecast for Atco 11.1.19.PNG

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #42
Weather's looking better and better for Friday (MSHS Track Rental), Friday Night (Open Test n Tune) and Saturday (MSHS Event).

Here's the forecasted DA for Friday/Friday night (airdensityonline.com)
View attachment 5634
Yep, should be good tomorrow.

spazzman72

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
saint clair shores
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger scat pack A8
That’s some mine shaft air there.
I can see you 1320’s running mid to low 11’s
Hopefully the track is prepped really good...

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
That’s some mine shaft air there.
I can see you 1320’s running mid to low 11’s
Hopefully the track is prepped really good...
I did...11.42...but someone else ran a 11.32 in a stock 1320, and his cousin ran 10.98 in a gutted & tuned 1320...

...these cars are freakin’ amazing!

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #45
I did...11.42...but someone else ran a 11.32 in a stock 1320, and his cousin ran 10.98 in a gutted & tuned 1320...

...these cars are freakin’ amazing!
That's awesome! Any idea how gutted his 1320 was? I'll be there Saturday to check out the racing action.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Revnation open event at Cecil Nov 24th, with claim of track prep...$65

May be better choice than Test N Tune the day before

A89576AF-A954-408D-A6A5-4432E4214CBA.jpeg

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
This is my first challenger without the big brake kit.
Did the factory put the wrong REAR brake pads on my car or is this normal for a 1320?
Both sides look exactly like this. Im thinking something aint right. Looks like the pads are too small.

Attachments

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #48
This is my first challenger without the big brake kit.
Did the factory put the wrong REAR brake pads on my car or is this normal for a 1320?
Both sides look exactly like this. Im thinking something aint right. Looks like the pads are too small.
You should have the 4 piston Brembo brakes front and back. I don't remember what the rotor size should be, but you can look up the 1320 specs online and find out. I think you're good.

Tell me about those rims though. Size, width, etc. I got a set of rims from and R/T Challenger and I had to add spacers to get them to fit past the front brakes. I'd like to find another set of rims that I won't need the spacers, and I've been looking at the SRT rims like you have.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
You should have the 4 piston Brembo brakes front and back. I don't remember what the rotor size should be, but you can look up the 1320 specs online and find out. I think you're good.

Tell me about those rims though. Size, width, etc. I got a set of rims from and R/T Challenger and I had to add spacers to get them to fit past the front brakes. I'd like to find another set of rims that I won't need the spacers, and I've been looking at the SRT rims like you have.
I do, but Ive never seen a brake pad not swipe the entire rotor and leave an edge like that. The car brakes fine but thats a lot of rotor left unused. I thought all 4 piston brembo rear calipers were the same on these cars and neither my HC or T/A with the dynamics pkg looked anything like that.

The rims are 20x9 Replicas from discount tire direct. $162 each. They DO fit over the Dynamics pkg calipers without any spacers or issues. I have Yokohama Ice guard tires in 275/40/20. Ran them all last year in snow with great results. Switching to OEM A/S next since I have MUCH shorter drives now on roads that are plowed much faster and better. Link below

Replica rims

IMG_9653.JPG

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Squishy ness is quite hard to describe ( and spell ) , I’d say mine feels like a pretty fit 20 year old . :oops:
I’d imagine :cautious:
HHMMMM...so is squishy good?...not good?...um firm is good...hard is better...maybe?...how squishy do we want it?

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #51
I do, but Ive never seen a brake pad not swipe the entire rotor and leave an edge like that. The car brakes fine but thats a lot of rotor left unused. I thought all 4 piston brembo rear calipers were the same on these cars and neither my HC or T/A with the dynamics pkg looked anything like that.

The rims are 20x9 Replicas from discount tire direct. $162 each. They DO fit over the Dynamics pkg calipers without any spacers or issues. I have Yokohama Ice guard tires in 275/40/20. Ran them all last year in snow with great results. Switching to OEM A/S next since I have MUCH shorter drives now on roads that are plowed much faster and better. Link below

Replica rims

View attachment 9581
I went down and looked at my rear calipers. I do have a small area (about 1/4 inch) of unswept area around the outside of the rear rotor.
It's hard for me to tell from your pic, but your unswept area looks bigger than that. 'm not sure how many miles you have on yours, but I have about 7k on mine.

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #52
HHMMMM...so is squishy good?...not good?...um firm is good...hard is better...maybe?...how squishy do we want it?
Usually depends on if they're saline or silicone.....I like a middle ground between not too squishy.....maybe a little more ot the firm side.......ooopppss....sorry...wrong thread ;)

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I went down and looked at my rear calipers. I do have a small area (about 1/4 inch) of unswept area around the outside of the rear rotor.
It's hard for me to tell from your pic, but your unswept area looks bigger than that. 'm not sure how many miles you have on yours, but I have about 7k on mine.
Thanks, My unswept area is barely under 1/2" Will run it by the Dealer I normally go to and let them tell me its "normal"

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Squishy is less than desirable , firm is more my cup of tea .
( This could relate to whatever the subject is )

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Cecil opens next week....anyone going?

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Cecil opens next week....anyone going?
Yeah I’m planning on going . I’m worried the new concrete pad might be a bit fresh to 60 ft well in what looks like killer conditions. I know they are working hard to get some rubber down but the freezing weather can’t be helping .

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Yeah I’m planning on going . I’m worried the new concrete pad might be a bit fresh to 60 ft well in what looks like killer conditions. I know they are working hard to get some rubber down but the freezing weather can’t be helping .
@Stormtrooper1320

I'm thinking of going on Saturday, the 7th. If I do, will probably be arriving around 8:30-9:00 am; would give me time to get wheels changed and a bit of a breather while track warms up.

They've got an event (Street and Grudge Racing) Friday night, so I'm sure there's going to be sufficient rubber for halfway decent launches by Saturday.

What's the weather look like this week, into Saturday up there? The online sites only give numbers; need some local intel.

OP
Stormtrooper1320

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Thread Starter #58
@Stormtrooper1320

I'm thinking of going on Saturday, the 7th. If I do, will probably be arriving around 8:30-9:00 am; would give me time to get wheels changed and a bit of a breather while track warms up.

They've got an event (Street and Grudge Racing) Friday night, so I'm sure there's going to be sufficient rubber for halfway decent launches by Saturday.

What's the weather look like this week, into Saturday up there? The online sites only give numbers; need some local intel.
Local people calling for chance of rain friday....windy and sunny on saturday...highs in the 40's....that was what they said this morning....i'll keep you posted through the week if you want

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Local people calling for chance of rain friday....windy and sunny on saturday...highs in the 40's....that was what they said this morning....i'll keep you posted through the week if you want
Please do. 2.5 hours is just long enough of the drive that I don't want to have to turn around and leave because of weather.

HemiPacer

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Malvern
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
@Stormtrooper1320

Nearly all my best times at Cecil have been run in those first handful of runs ( 30-45 minutes tops ) . The track does come back late in the day , that’s not to say it’s not fast all day but there does seem to be a pattern. I’m not that local ( just over an hour ) Russ your on weather , are you coming to stretch the beasts legs ?