Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

10.15 @ 131, fun trip to the track

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If his ET was too high we would be talking about that too :ROFLMAO:

MPH is an indication of what kind of power the car is making whereas ET is how much traction you had to put it down. His 60’ clearly shows the car has adequate traction, ET shows that it’s getting down the track just fine, but the MPH looks like he let off the gas early by the end of the track. I like to read the entire slip, that’s what tells you the whole story.
For you, if you’re out MPH-ing a Demon but it’s beating you down the track, you need to work on your short game, more power isn’t always the easiest way for you to drop ET, and plenty of guys have done 1.3X without the Demon. Then you’ll gap them by the 1/8.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

MPH is an indication of what kind of power the car is making whereas ET is how much traction you had to put it down. His 60’ clearly shows the car has adequate traction, ET shows that it’s getting down the track just fine, but the MPH looks like he let off the gas early by the end of the track. I like to read the entire slip, that’s what tells you the whole story.
For you, if you’re out MPH-ing a Demon but it’s beating you down the track, you need to work on your short game, more power isn’t always the easiest way for you to drop ET, and plenty of guys have done 1.3X without the Demon. Then you’ll gap them by the 1/8.
You explained that much better then I did. Thanks

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

There is one thing I have noticed that seems odd to me. When being at the track with @Markp and @Frenchcat . The mph difference is only 1-2 mph from either RE to my cat. I would have though they would trap higher with 90hp more.🤷‍♂️
I did remove the rear seat to compare as they are both rear seat delete cars and I have skinnies that I know don't effect ET much. Never thought about mph but it can't be much if my ET drops about a half tenth.
They also don't appear to pick up much more if anything in the back half.
Edit: I have to add though, they kill me in the first part of a run.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
There is one thing I have noticed that seems odd to me. When being at the track with @Markp and @Frenchcat . The mph difference is only 1-2 mph from either RE to my cat. I would have though they would trap higher with 90hp more.🤷‍♂️
I did remove the rear seat to compare as they are both rear seat delete cars and I have skinnies that I know don't effect ET much. Never thought about mph but it can't be much if my ET drops about a half tenth.
They also don't appear to pick up much more if anything in the back half.
Edit: I have to add though, they kill me in the first part of a run.
Jim we need to put your car on a dyno because yours is a unicorn. I don't think your car has 90hp less then a Redeye. Your PB is 10.373@132.90 and my PB is 10.399@132.98. I admit I am not as good as you are but I am willing to bet either the Redeye doesn't have 797 or your Hellcat makes more then 707. I will place my bet that your car makes more then 707hp. I am not saying your cheating or anything because I know your not. What I am saying is somehow you got lucky with a overachieving granite cat. I hate you:p:D

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Jim we need to put your car on a dyno because yours is a unicorn. I don't think your car has 90hp less then a Redeye. Your PB is 10.373@132.90 and my PB is 10.399@132.98. I admit I am not as good as you are but I am willing to bet either the Redeye doesn't have 797 or your Hellcat makes more then 707. I will place my bet that your car makes more then 707hp. I am not saying your cheating or anything because I know your not. What I am saying is somehow you got lucky with a overachieving granite cat. I hate you:p:D
If you were there when I ran my best you also would have run quicker. The same day you ran the 10.39, Frenchcat ran a 10.31 or 10.29? My best that day was 10.48 and again about 1mph slower than you. This info is interesting to me because it is same track same day.
I do think your car will get quicker with more mileage/runs on it.
I don't know about extra power in my car as for the first 2 yrs of different wheel/tire set ups. I was chasing many other people's times.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
If you were there when I ran my best you also would have run quicker. The same day you ran the 10.39, Frenchcat ran a 10.31 or 10.29? My best that day was 10.48 and again about 1mph slower than you. This info is interesting to me because it is same track same day.
I do think your car will get quicker with more mileage/runs on it.
I don't know about extra power in my car as for the first 2 yrs of different wheel/tire set ups. I was chasing many other people's times.
Maybe it is your little hop to the line trick after the burnout that makes you so fast?:ROFLMAO:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Different cars at different tracks with different drivers, it's always hard to say when we're talking about small differences...but I have seen many times a car with super low e.t.s not quite matching the trap speeds of others running a little slower, so maybe the car is just getting there a little early before it has more time to accelerate?

With our cars, they have changed "stock'' calibrations and tunes over the years, so all Hellcats are really not equal at all. There is one guy here locally with an early build (stock - or so he says)2015 Hellcat and it's faster than all the rest by a long shot, runs about the same times/trap speeds as my stock Redeye!

Last edited:
OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #48
I made several runs in roughly the same air/track conditions. The car ran high 129 to low 131 on all passes. It just doesn't mph.

I will be trying the smaller rear tire soon to see what difference they may make. It looks like a Billet Specialties 17x10 w a 28" Hoosier DR is 30 lbs lighter than my Welds w the big MT on them. !!!

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #49
My Scat worked a little better when I put everything in track except the suspension.
Allowed the weight transfer to the rear.
That was my custom setup.
The only setting that will allow the interchiller to activate is pure track. I'd prefer to use one of the looser suspension settings but the interchiller more than makes up for the tight suspension.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #50
Just curious, did you run your Redeye at the Legion of Demons rental? Friday would've been test and tune, most of Saturday would've been rained out, leaving Sunday for Legion of Demons only.
Yes, we ran at the LOD event. Great group of people. Very welcoming and more than willing to share info with each other.
Friday sucked, warm and humid.
Saturday was a wash out.
Sunday was fast, good track and great air.
Monday was the rain day to make up for Saturday wash out. It was as good as Sunday IMO.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
The only setting that will allow the interchiller to activate is pure track. I'd prefer to use one of the looser suspension settings but the interchiller more than makes up for the tight suspension.
So your saying all your settings were on TRACK and you got a 1.40 60?

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
I made several runs in roughly the same air/track conditions. The car ran high 129 to low 131 on all passes. It just doesn't mph.

I will be trying the smaller rear tire soon to see what difference they may make. It looks like a Billet Specialties 17x10 w a 28" Hoosier DR is 30 lbs lighter than my Welds w the big MT on them. !!!
It's possible I missed it, but what axle ratio?

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #53
So your saying all your settings were on TRACK and you got a 1.40 60?
Yes sir. The car leaves very "flat"(no real front end lift) but still sticks good. It's almost shocking to see the difference between how a Demon leaves vs my RE. The Demon has a lot of immediate front lift, almost to the point of being loose where the RE has basically none.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #54
It's possible I missed it, but what axle ratio?

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Everyone that is trapping higher than you......same or 2.62s? Or do you know? Be curious to see the combo of tire diameter and gear ratios on each of the ET/traps listed. "Apples to apples" and all that..

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Weight is the other significant factor here... it helps both ET and MPH, so 200lbs either way could explain it.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I don’t understand why everyone looks at mph , when the et is what matters I only care about 🤔I’ve seen them stock demons race and they have quicker 60s and quicker 8ths and are always slower on the big end
It is rate of acceleration. The car has basically already covered more distance in less time, distance that would have been previously used to produce a higher trap speed (which obviously doesn't translate into a quicker ET). It is a demonstration of the effects of torque vs horsepower.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Dont think you need to worry about your 60'.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
We had a good outing at the track this past weekend. The car is stock w a wheel change and the easy 150 lbs removed(trunk liner, seats, sway bar). It weighs 4465 on the starting line. Turns out a good starting line and good DA will really wake one of these things up! Lol

View attachment 10806
Nice one!

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
I have not tried the line lock yet either. I probably have at least 80 passes all on the foot break
Mine worked great. Was using it when we were at Grand Bend.