Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

OLD GUYS WILL REMEMBER THESE

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Killing people on a computer screen all day can’t help either. Most can handle it but a few cannot.
That is very important IMO. My Bro asked me a couple of years ago about a Christmas present for his boys and it was one of those popular video games simulating shooting people. Nada. Thankfully, he respected my opinion.

Those games and some other apps need to go!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #42
That is very important IMO. My Bro asked me a couple of years ago about a Christmas present for his boys and it was one of those popular video games simulating shooting people. Nada. Thankfully, he respected my opinion.

Those games and some other apps need to go!
Kudos...you did the right thing...and they will go...when more people follow your lead...and just don't buy them..(y)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
FWIW - I’ve been shooting on a computer since the 90s… it goes back to parenting. I still shoot online, sometimes it’s with (or against!) my kids. On the upside they learn how to communicate, work as a team, deal with defeat and learn how to win with integrity… the same stuff they get on the football field, but we can do it after dinner or on a snowy Saturday morning.
The biggest problem online is the little bastards that weren’t raised right and their mouths… Shit parents use it as a babysitter and their kids are out of control. They’d be the first to blame the game, but it’s their absenteeism that left these kids to the wild. That part makes me sick.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #44
FWIW - I’ve been shooting on a computer since the 90s… it goes back to parenting. I still shoot online, sometimes it’s with (or against!) my kids. On the upside they learn how to communicate, work as a team, deal with defeat and learn how to win with integrity… the same stuff they get on the football field, but we can do it after dinner or on a snowy Saturday morning.
The biggest problem online is the little bastards that weren’t raised right and their mouths… Shit parents use it as a babysitter and their kids are out of control. They’d be the first to blame the game, but it’s their absenteeism that left these kids to the wild. That part makes me sick.
Agreed....it ALLWAYS gets back to basics...PARENTING...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Teresa said to me playing GTA5 "why are you so violent" i said "because it is a game and i can be"
I go downtown and start blowing up the place:LOL:

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Only gave you a dislike because the flint lock comment is 100% inaccurate! Look up what firearms where available in 1924 and people could have done as much damage as today in they wanted to. Todays issue is an accountability along with a mental one and there being no "toxic masculinity" and fathers in the homes and lack of responsibility for ones own actions!
Children today learn from the internet and online that guns solve problems and the complete disregard for firearms knowledge and training and this is what you get. All children used to be taught firearms safety and use at a very young age and should be today as well. My 8 year old grandkids know firearm safety and how to actually use them, albeit in small calibers, such as 22lr and 410 shotgun
When I was nine, my dad gave me a .22 rifle and taught me the three gun safety rules. I never shot anyone.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I dont see it so much an indictment of society..as it is systemic lack of parenting...parents grossly outta touch with their children..who become void of any value systems..leading to a depraved indifference for human life...parents seem clueless...it's not society..or the educational systems obligation to RAISE YOUR CHILDREN...Parenting is the toughest job on the planet...there is no manual...no test for fitness or proficiency for the task...be it financial..psychological or what ever...hell ya cant even cut hair..or trim nails without certification...yet this job...nothin..now I know good parents that check all the boxes..and still it's no guarantee the kids are gonna turn out ok...but without any guidance...well you see what we have today...
100% agree which was the argument I made about family’s and especially masculine fathers above!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Forgot about being an abused child with no seatbelts!:p Good one, but the cars were bigger and more robust.:unsure: .
Yes, thre cars were big and sturdy, but the top edge of the dash was sharp with a chrome plated steel strip right where your head would hit! And the cars didn’t stop or corner worth a crap! And, the fold down armrest made a perfect child seat!

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Only gave you a dislike because the flint lock comment is 100% inaccurate! Look up what firearms where available in 1924 and people could have done as much damage as today in they wanted to. Todays issue is an accountability along with a mental one and there being no "toxic masculinity" and fathers in the homes and lack of responsibility for ones own actions!
Children today learn from the internet and online that guns solve problems and the complete disregard for firearms knowledge and training and this is what you get. All children used to be taught firearms safety and use at a very young age and should be today as well. My 8 year old grandkids know firearm safety and how to actually use them, albeit in small calibers, such as 22lr and 410 shotgun
You’re talking about the 1927 Thompson and the BAR!!! (Not to mention any MP40's floating around!)

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Civilians didn't have regular access to military weapons which is what the Thompson and BAR were just like civilians don't have regular access to military weapons like the M4 or SAW today.
In the 20s and 30s automatic weapons were banned, along with silencers. In the 30s a lot of semi-automatic weapons (repeated firing, multiple trigger pulls, without having to reload) were also banned in several states.
I believe it was the 20s when "sawed off shotguns" were first banned.
Back then only the criminals had the "dangerous" guns... and that's how they want it now too.

Last edited:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Civilians didn't have regular access to military weapons which is what the Thompson and BAR were just like civilians don't have regular access to military weapons like the M4 or SAW today.
In the 20s and 30s automatic weapons were banned, along with silencers. In the 30s a lot of semi-automatic weapons (repeated firing, multiple trigger pulls, without having to reload) were also banned in several states.
I believe it was the 20s when "sawed off shotguns" were first banned.
Back then only the criminals had the "dangerous" guns... and that's how they want it now too.
Actually....

The National Firearms Act was in 1934. Before that, anyone could walk into a store and buy a Thompson. (Well, anyone who could afford one!)

The NFA DID NOT ban fully automatic firearms, it simply required purchase of a Federal Tax Stamp in order to purchase a fully auto. Until 1986, pretty much any law abiding citizen could purchase a new M16, Glock 18, HK MP5 and other newly manufactured firearms. States had specific laws (some banning them) but in many you just needed the tax stamp and comply with state laws.

After 1986 and now, most people can purchase fully auto firearms manufactured prior to 1986. I know people that legally own HK MP5's, M16's, M16 full auto converters, 30 cal machine guns, and a guy that collects MP 40's. I have often considered purchasing a M16, last I looked they were about $20k.

There are tens of thousands of legal fully autos in civilian hands, and none of these legal arms have even been used in a crime. If they did, you would never hear the end of it.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
NFA also covers short barrel rifles (SBR's) and also suppressors which are hugely popular these days! I have neither, only because my a desire to own is not greater than the effort to obtain.

Though I still think about a M16, full auto is very cool, but it gets boring (and expensive) fast. You have a "BLAST" for a couple weeks, blow through $1k of ammo, than a few more times to impress friends (at $200 min per outing), then it sits in the safe collecting dust. This is why they are so available, no one actually uses them, they are a curio for entertainment!

I like this!

https://otbfirearms.com/bushmaster-xm-15-e2-sendra-registered-receiver-5-56mm-commando/

This is very cool:

https://dealernfa.com/shop/auto-ordnance-cr-m1928ac-thompson-a0134662/

Now this is the ULTIMATE!!!

https://otbfirearms.com/armalite-nederland-ar10-308-win-transferable-rare/

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
You’re talking about the 1927 Thompson and the BAR!!! (Not to mention any MP40's floating around!)
Sure, and you could do a lot of damage with those, hell just your standard 1911 can put down a hell of a lot of ammo in a short time if you know how to reload quickly. Speaking of Thompson I am still considering one, my gun store has two modern semi auto versions in stock, one with stick mags and one with stick and drum mags

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Actually....

The National Firearms Act was in 1934. Before that, anyone could walk into a store and buy a Thompson. (Well, anyone who could afford one!)

The NFA DID NOT ban fully automatic firearms, it simply required purchase of a Federal Tax Stamp in order to purchase a fully auto. Until 1986, pretty much any law abiding citizen could purchase a new M16, Glock 18, HK MP5 and other newly manufactured firearms. States had specific laws (some banning them) but in many you just needed the tax stamp and comply with state laws.

After 1986 and now, most people can purchase fully auto firearms manufactured prior to 1986. I know people that legally own HK MP5's, M16's, M16 full auto converters, 30 cal machine guns, and a guy that collects MP 40's. I have often considered purchasing a M16, last I looked they were about $20k.

There are tens of thousands of legal fully autos in civilian hands, and none of these legal arms have even been used in a crime. If they did, you would never hear the end of it.
I think people forget that until the NFA everyone could own anything the military had! Hell civilians designed and built weapons in their home shops to sell to the military. Can't remember the maker right off the top of my head but guy designed and built a new rifle and road to the White House with them and got Abraham Lincoln to try them out on the lawn. We could own tanks, cannons, full auto weapons and have suppressors shipped right to your house and all with no back ground checks!! What changed? That's rhetorical, we know what happened!!

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
Sure, and you could do a lot of damage with those, hell just your standard 1911 can put down a hell of a lot of ammo in a short time if you know how to reload quickly. Speaking of Thompson I am still considering one, my gun store has two modern semi auto versions in stock, one with stick mags and one with stick and drum mags
I have the stick version on my wall in my man cave...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have the stick version on my wall in my man cave...
I would have already gotten one if I wasn't currently paying on a Barrett I have on order:cool::cool::cool:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I meant to frame that around the 1934 ban but got lost in the sauce, which would have reinforced the availability in 1927 but then the significant change to secure firearms in the 30s. I thought the shotgun thing was in the 20s, which I mentioned to show that it started with 1… and then quickly escalated.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
I would have already gotten one if I wasn't currently paying on a Barrett I have on order:cool::cool::cool:
I have a Bushmaster 50 with some pretty cool optics on the wall as well

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I think people forget that until the NFA everyone could own anything the military had! Hell civilians designed and built weapons in their home shops to sell to the military. Can't remember the maker right off the top of my head but guy designed and built a new rifle and road to the White House with them and got Abraham Lincoln to try them out on the lawn. We could own tanks, cannons, full auto weapons and have suppressors shipped right to your house and all with no back ground checks!! What changed? That's rhetorical, we know what happened!!
During the revolution and for a long while after, there was no "standing military" and therefore no "military arms". All cannons, mortars, muskets, grenades, powder, shot, cannon balls, etc. etc. etc... WAS ALL PRIVATELY OWNED!!!

When the Constitution was written, virtually ALL of the state-of-the-art arms were in the hands of civilians (the "Militia"). There was no Army, National Guard, nothing! The Constitution put the responsibility of the "security of a free State" on the Militia (armed and organized civilians owning UNLIMITED state of the art weapons).

Sometime after, things changed...

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Leftists claim civilians don't need fully automatic weapons, or grenades, or tanks, etc. because only the military needs them. What leftists fail to understand is the whole point of the Second Amendment is to enable the citizens to fight back against a tyrannical government. In order for that to be true, the citizens have to have the same weapons the government does. The point of all these gun control laws is to eviscerate the Second Amendment and prevent citizens from being on even terms with the government.