Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just signed up

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I traded in my 2014 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Core on Saturday for a 2016 Challenger Hellcat automatic [biggrin], so I wanted to join a Hellcat forum and celebrate with the faithful!
I live in Spokane WA, and I've been car crazy from birth. My preference is domestic, and especially Mopar. When the Challenger came out in 2008, it was love at first sight.
I'm also into bikes, especially muscle bikes (not Harleys).
I've only had it a couple of days, but these are my initial impressions: The Hellcat is very different in some ways from the 392: (1) the 8 speed auto is much better than the 5 speed auto - it shifts smoother, especially in manual mode; (2) the hood as viewed from the driver's seat is more attractive; (3) the gauges are much more legible, and display a lot more information; (4) the engine sound is much meaner and of course has the supercharger sound.
In other ways there isn't much difference: (1) the ride (I've only tried street mode so far); (2) cornering feel (there is a little more body roll in street mode).
In one way the 392 was better: (1) the ballistic nylon seats from the Viper are very grippy and give a very locked in feeling (although the leather in the Hellcat isn't as slippery as I was afraid it might be).
But I definitely prefer my new Hellcat!!