Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Front sump oil pans with hard launches = possible oil starvation.

Just saying my dumbass opinion.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
OUCH! I bet they make him trade in his company car Demon and have to drive a hornet for the next year as punishment.
THAT would qualify as cruel punishment, bordering on inhumane! :giggle:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
THAT would qualify as cruel punishment, bordering on inhumane! :giggle:
They have nothing else to offer?

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
STOP THE PRESS

SRT just called me, literally just hung up. Seems it is 7 QUARTS and the info provided to them yesterday was NOT correct. Oiy vey. They profusely apologized and made the comment that the person that provided incorrect info had been tarred and feathered.

They are now investigating why they are overfilled as delivered.

Glad they called. I just stopped at the dealer this morning and picked up that extra quart but haven't put it in the car yet.
My Source, the lead development engineer over the whole Demon 170 project said 7 Quarts. I checked with her after I saw your post. 7 Quarts puts my dipstick right at full.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #1,005
My Source, the lead development engineer over the whole Demon 170 project said 7 Quarts. I checked with her after I saw your post. 7 Quarts puts my dipstick right at full.
Right, so why did it come with 8 quarts is now the question. Were both of yours also over filled?

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
My 7.0 Stroker takes 8 1/2 quarts with a slightly larger oil pan. 7 quarts seems really freaking low but I guess not if the dipstick is reading 7 quarts. I would be willing to bet its a little more than 7 quarts which is why they give u 8.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Oilgate all over again smh

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Right, so why did it come with 8 quarts is now the question. Were both of yours also over filled?
This has been everyone's question for the past two or three years who bought a Hellcat (especially a Redeye). They are all 3/4" above the fill line on the dipstick when delivered, new.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I run faster with 6.5

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #1,010
This has been everyone's question for the past two or three years who bought a Hellcat (especially a Redeye). They are all 3/4" above the fill line on the dipstick when delivered, new.
Really? I'd not heard about this.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My 18 regular hellcat was overfilled when I got it. Never thought anything about it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Really? I'd not heard about this.
A lot of the discussions on other hellcat enthusiast sites, where there is usually a daily question of "what's the best oil to use?"...:rolleyes: and how much to fill my Hellcat engine. They invariably mention that the oil level reading was really high up on the dipstick and when they added 7 quarts (after draining the oil cooler) it's right at the proper fill line. I can hunt some down but I don't think the mods like it if you post links to other sites.

This was the text from my old thread:

"I'm in the process of changing the oil after the initial 505 miles. I like to get the factory oil and any possible assembly line contaminants out on new engines as soon as possible - it's an old-timer/OCD thing from decades of amateur engine building. So don't shame me for it.
I'm waiting for the magnetic drain plug to arrive tomorrow. I thought I'd give y'all an update on the oil drainage after three days: Total amount drained from the pan, filter, and cooler was exactly 7 quarts and 2-3/8 cups. (or a little over 7-1/2 quarts total) BTW, 1-1/3 of those cups were from the oil cooler alone.
I guess this explains why the dipstick reads well above full on newly delivered Hellcats. I took a sample to send off to Blackstone Labs for analysis. If it checks out nicely, I'll reuse the old oil to top off my old Jon Deere tractor."

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It amazes me how the level of oil gets people worked up. After draining my oil I normally don't look at the dipstick after putting in the same 7 quarts like normal since nothing will be different:LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
It amazes me how the level of oil gets people worked up. After draining my oil I normally don't look at the dipstick after putting in the same 7 quarts like normal since nothing will be different:LOL:
You never check the dipstick after putting in the new oil?...even if at a minimum, it was just to see if you remembered to reinstall the drain plug? :p

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You never check the dipstick after putting in the new oil?...even if at a minimum, it was just to see if you remembered to reinstall the drain plug? :p
The oil on the floor is the clue:unsure:

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Both of Ron's cars along with my 170 were all a quart over filled when received.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
The oil on the floor is the clue:unsure:
But is it 8 quarts, or only 7 on the floor? In all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being that this is a Demon 170, the most powerful internal combustion engine in the world and can blow the tires clean off. You've got to ask yourself this one question. Do I feel lucky? :unsure:

(My sincerest apologies to Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry") :ROFLMAO:

5+-+punk+7.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
But is it 7 or 8 quarts on the floor? In all this excitement I kind of lost count myself. But being that this is a Demon 170, the most powerful internal combustion engine in the world and can blow the tires clean off. You've got to ask yourself this one question. Do I feel lucky? :unsure:

(My sincerest apologies to Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry")

View attachment 138799
If it is my floor it can't be 8 since I only put in 7 and how much is still in the oil cooler:unsure:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
If it is my floor it can't be 8 since I only put in 7 and how much is still in the oil cooler:unsure:
LOL. Now it's beginning to sound like a vintage Abbot and Costello comedy routine. (y)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
1qt will be removed before driving It again. So parts counter specs were correct. I had them look it up because of the controversy with Demons shipped with oil above the filled mark, and parts manager was adamant it called out 7qts. Glad I changed oil and this oil level question is answered early on with shallow miles on mine.