Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Brand new redeye still landing at dealer

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Crazy to think some 2023s are still just arriving for sale. This is at a local dealer in ABQ. I think the MSRP is in the low $90s

Attachments

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
What are you waiting for, Eric? Or don't you like the color?

By the way, we almost ended up in your 'hood, but Carmax outbid Carvana and we can drop off the "old" Hellraisin in Santa Fe instead of in ABQ. Well, that's tomorrow's fun and games.

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #3

By the way, we almost ended up in your 'hood, but Carmax outbid Carvana and we can drop off the "old" Hellraisin in Santa Fe instead of in ABQ. Well, that's tomorrow's fun and games.
Do not help feed the bad ideas in the back on my mind! ;) Good luck with the trade in, enjoy your trip into Santa Fe! I know it's tough to get away from the ranch, but you guys should come down to ABQ for lunch or dinner some time! You wont believe how big Gus is getting.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Be careful....yer takin a big chance takin yer GF to Santa Fe....she may climb out the bathroom window...alert the authorities that she's been held captive for years...then ya got trouble....:eek::eek:;);)

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Crazy to think some 2023s are still just arriving for sale. This is at a local dealer in ABQ. I think the MSRP is in the low $90s
Since production stopped over 4 months ago ya gotta wonder why they are just showing up now ! Did Dodge do a 'build-out' to clear the parts bins and no dealer ordered them ? Or was there something wrong when they came off the line or got trashed in shipping & they have been in repair somewhere all this time ?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
heck, they still officially "sell" a new Viper or two per year seems like since 2018 :unsure:. I imagine we will be seeing similar with Chally's & Chargers for a while.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
I cant imagine how long that thing has been sitting in the lot outside the plant? Didn't they stop making Redeyes on 03/31/2023??? That was when both of my PCP Redeye orders were cancelled by Dodge.

Great color BTW!

(Though I prefer the 2022 when you could actually order optional wheels)

carshow.jpg

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Be careful....yer takin a big chance takin yer GF to Santa Fe....she may climb out the bathroom window...alert the authorities that she's been held captive for years...then ya got trouble....:eek::eek:;);)
I managed. We came back about an hour ago.

And she was driving her 'Cat, me in the GT, so any attempts at fleeing would've happened on the way there.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Do not help feed the bad ideas in the back on my mind! ;) Good luck with the trade in, enjoy your trip into Santa Fe! I know it's tough to get away from the ranch, but you guys should come down to ABQ for lunch or dinner some time! You wont believe how big Gus is getting.

Bad ideas?!? Sounds like great idea to me.

The sell-trip went fine, and in the process I learned how she consistently gets just over 24 mpg. Yes, she did stomp on it twice when passing, but where I tend to go 100-120, she did 80. And where I do 80 she did 60.

Haven't entered today's fill-up in the log book yet, but on the way back I saw 26.7 mpg on the Lie-O-Meter. Dammit, that's about what I get with the GT.

Of course, her GT showed 28.7 at one point, as I'm following at her leisurely pace.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
There is another new Hellcat that has been sitting outside at Larry Miller on Lomas for months. Last time I saw it, the rotors were so rusted they looked like the car had been bobbing around in Pearl Harbor for the last 50 years or so. Rust like that means not even a test drive has occurred. Know of 3 other used cats around ABQ that have been sitting on the dealer lots for months as well. Seems sales have halted here big time.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Rust like that means not even a test drive has occurred..
I'd take rusted rotors over people having test driven a new car, anytime.

The rust goes away after a few brake applications, but you can't get the time back to break everything in (especially the gears) properly.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Here is the listing. They want full sticker for it! https://www.melloydodge.com/inventory/display/new/2023/Dodge/Challenger/2C3CDZL94PH691835/

and the sticker https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/wind...P1lh53FaH4DpdGqVpChK-Lb9_s_eVkQUaAk9nEALw_wcB

At the bottom of the Monroney is the build date: 12/29 !!! Last day of production? I guess it was a build out. Door sticker says 11-2023 production.
For a $100k car you'd think they could have at least hosed it off before taking the pics, lazy pukes !

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I know it's tough to get away from the ranch, but you guys should come down to ABQ for lunch or dinner some time! You wont believe how big Gus is getting.
Sorry Eric, forgot to respond to this portion of your post.

Both of us going to ABQ at the same time isn't happening, unfortunately. Somebody has to be on animal duty.

Is Gus big enough to take over your old 'Cat when you buy that new one?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
I'm guessing the dealer expects to get a stupid premium when customers look at what else is on the lot! It’s either a Hornet or an overpriced RE! What would you do! :ROFLMAO:

The late-into-the-game-buyers deserve this!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
@EricG
Don't do it, stick with your Indigo it's the best color.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I've been eyeing some 22's and 23's also. Thinking if I got a new one the excitement would wear off pretty quickly so I can't justify the price just yet. Also, like someone else said I'm not a fan of the black (I guess standard) wheels they put on a lot of 23's

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
I've been eyeing some 22's and 23's also. Thinking if I got a new one the excitement would wear off pretty quickly so I can't justify the price just yet. Also, like someone else said I'm not a fan of the black (I guess standard) wheels they put on a lot of 23's
They killed off most of the optional wheels on the narrow bodies in 2023. All you had was a choice of the standard five spokes in black/grey or the Brass monkey 10 spoke.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
They killed off most of the optional wheels on the narrow bodies in 2023. All you had was a choice of the standard five spokes in black/grey or the Brass monkey 10 spoke.
Brass monkey and 5 spoke I like, these are the ones not a fan of
1715357072643.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
I love the Granite Pockets wheels on my 22. Another reason I didn't feel so bad when they cancelled both of my 2023 Redeye orders - by that time there were no wheel options left..