Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Z’s Charger vs 8 Second Foxbody

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
My buddy decided to set up a bunch of races at our local track and I drew this guy.
FFF64D13-15E3-4F8F-9FC1-3E6842858C51.png
There were other races setup but this guy was the only one that wanted a test pass so we all waited. Unfortunately it didn’t go well and he broke which left me hanging looking for another fast car to race.

I didn’t have any luck at first so lined up with the other racers to make a solo pass.

And out of no where a dude comes running up to me to say he heard I was looking for a race. I’m like, yes whatcha got? A fox body mustang? Sure let’s do it!

He runs to get his car, we chat it up, real cool guy, looks at my car and says he heard it was pretty fast. I’m like yea, i guess... it runs mid 8’s.

I don’t think he believed me but then he prodded me for more info, asked what do I trap? 164 I said and the look on his face was priceless. Anyways, fast forward to the actual race and this is what happened.

I was told the track wasn’t gonna be that great so I decided to go with less nitrous and slower ramp than my previous 8.41 pass from a month ago. Watch the video for what happens next!

It was a close race! At one point he almost caught up to me but then I pulled away on the big end. His car or his lights kept popping in and out of my peripherals all the way down the track, it was pretty awesome.

Here’s my slip, reset my PB in every category pretty much including a scorching 1.21 60’.
7AD7C273-7E94-4D0B-A7DB-639DCF36FA73.jpeg

Last edited:

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
132 in the 1/8th, that’s hauling. Nice run

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats on yet another personal best

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Damn! The pieces of the puzzle you’ve put together to accomplish this is amazing. Looks like the conditions can be a lot better too. 75 degrees? When some of that mineshaft air comes rolling in there... 170mph? I know we’ve had big plans going forward with mine and we keep looking at what you are doing and are going..... did you see that!!! Anyway... huge congrats. Really looking forward to seeing you crack the 7’s. You know you’re going to do it!

Last edited:

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Awesome run. Looking forward to your endeavors....you are definitely doing things right!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Your 1/8 MPH is faster them most people's 1/4 MPH

Now thats truckin for Jesus!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Damn! Is there a thread that I missed about your build? Would appreciate a link if there is.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
My buddy decided to set up a bunch of races at our local track and I drew this guy.
View attachment 25770
There were other races setup but this guy was the only one that wanted a test pass so we all waited. Unfortunately it didn’t go well and he broke which left me hanging looking for another fast car to race.

I didn’t have any luck at first so lined up with the other racers to make a solo pass.

And out of no where a dude comes running up to me to say he heard I was looking for a race. I’m like, yes whatcha got? A fox body mustang? Sure let’s do it!

He runs to get his car, we chat it up, real cool guy, looks at my car and says he heard it was pretty fast. I’m like yea, i guess... it runs mid 8’s.

I don’t think he believed me but then he prodded me for more info, asked what do I trap? 164 I said and the look on his face was priceless. Anyways, fast forward to the actual race and this is what happened.

I was told the track wasn’t gonna be that great so I decided to go with less nitrous and slower ramp than my previous 8.41 pass from a month ago. Watch the video for what happens next!

It was a close race! At one point he almost caught up to me but then I pulled away on the big end. His car or his lights kept popping in and out of my peripherals all the way down the track, it was pretty awesome.

Here’s my slip, reset my PB in every category pretty much including a scorching 1.21 60’.

View attachment 25771
It's gotta be that accessory pulley......

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Fuck'n A, nice job, your launch looks fantastic

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
It's gotta be that accessory pulley......

You sent him one that works better than mine!

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
You sent him one that works better than mine!
Oops

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Damn! The pieces of the puzzle you’ve put together to accomplish this amazing. Looks like the conditions can be a lot better too. 75 degrees? When some of that mineshaft air comes rolling in there... 170mph? I know we’ve had big plans going forward with mine and we keep looking at what you are doing and are going..... see that!!! Anyway... huge congrats. Really looking forward to seeing you crack the 7’s. You know you’re going to do it!
I'm not sure if I have the power with my current setup in great air. I think I either need a little more power or I need to take out more weight to get there. I need to somehow shave off 3 tenths on my 1/8 ET to have a chance. I guess I could start making 1.1x 60's a norm?

Right now, I'm just hoping I don't break anything this weekend. HP90 trans with factory 3.09 rear and a bolted rear cradle that was designed for this beauty here?

1999_Mercedes-Benz_E_240_(W_210)_Elegance_sedan_(2011-11-17)_01.jpg

lol... I don't know how I'm doing it but I'm doing it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm not sure if I have the power with my current setup in great air. I think I either need a little more power or I need to take out more weight to get there. I need to somehow shave off 3 tenths on my 1/8 ET to have a chance. I guess I could start making 1.1x 60's a norm?

Right now, I'm just hoping I don't break anything this weekend. HP90 trans with factory 3.09 rear and a bolted rear cradle that was designed for this beauty here?

View attachment 25779

This will get you a 1.1 sixty. That's how I'm gonna do it! 200 lb weight savings plus much harder launch capabilities!! IMG_0483.JPG

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
This will get you a 1.1 sixty. That's how I'm gonna do it! 200 lb weight savings plus much harder launch capabilities!! View attachment 25780
I'll pass, lol. Biggest event of the year around here is TX2K and their street car and heavy weight classes require stock location suspension. Plus, I think it's pretty cool how I have my car setup doing what it's doing on the factory IRS. I'm going to keep at it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I'll pass, lol. Biggest event of the year around here is TX2K and their street car and heavy weight classes require stock location suspension. Plus, I think it's pretty cool how I have my car setup doing what it's doing on the factory IRS. I'm going to keep at it.
Yeah, you are probably getting that 60’ done in world record time for a IRS. Certainly for a heavyweight. I’ve never heard of anybody else having done anything close. This stuff being a hobby.... I need to keep doing stuff to entertain myself. We can never stay in one place for long. I don’t want to run nitrous on mine, so I’m pretty much stuck with my power level until the unicorn supercharger shows up. My biggest race is MATS Las Vegas and at least so far I’m not restricted in the class I would run. If I travel to run MSHS, I’m pretty much a 8.5 Super Pro or HW and neither of those classes are restricted as far as mods go. Both of our race seasons are at hand and the guys up north are going to have that short shot at good air before storage. I’m betting we start seeing the record times getting a lot faster soon.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That's good stuff man. Wish you'd made it to ChallengerFest I'd have liked to see that car run in person.

You need to call out Demonology out there in TX :)

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali

View attachment 25779

That picture really puts things in perspective LOL Congrats again!

For the record you have not broken a single OEM diff this season? -no need to change the factory IRS if everything's working perfect. As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
That picture really puts things in perspective LOL Congrats again!

For the record you have not broken a single OEM diff this season? -no need to change the factory IRS if everything's working perfect. As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I have not broken a single OEM diff in my 4 years of owning and racing this car. I have however swapped to fresh units over the years for various reasons like I wanted to try 3.09 early on and then I went back to 2.62 for a while, swapped out to a fresh 2.62 when I thought I had diff issues (it turned out to be a bad axle), and now I have a fresh 3.09 in there.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That's crazy fast congrats zhc!

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Damn! Is there a thread that I missed about your build? Would appreciate a link if there is.
I had a thread on the other forum but I stopped maintaining it after I started coming here. It doesn't have any of my recent endeavors or anything about my current setup with the 428 stroker and 4.5L Whipple. Maybe when I get some time to myself, I can put together something here.

For now, I guess I can list out my mods.
Basic setup
225 shot of Nitrous on a built stroker motor with a 4.5L Whipple on top pushing power through a factory upgraded HP90 8 speed transmission.

Weight is a touch over 4300lbs with driver

Build Details:
- Demon Performance/TKM Built 428 Stroker Motor
- Thitek Custom Heads
- Demon Performance Blower Cam
- Paramount Performance Built HP90 A8
- Whipple 4.5L Supercharger
- Nitrous Outlet system with custom nitrous spray bars
- Killer Chiller with extra 1.25 Gallon Intercooler Reservoir Tank
- Genuine Lower Rate Dodge Demon Front Springs
- Menscer / Reed Performance Rear Double Adjustable Racing Shock and Spring
- Injector Dynamics ID1700
- Fore Triple Pump Return Style Fuel System
- JMS FuelMAX Dual Output P2020 Boost a Pump
- Stainless Works Long Tube Headers
- Mopar 3.09 Factory Rear Differential
- BMR Upper Control Arm, Upper Trailing Arm, and Lower Trailing Arm, all with upgraded Delrin bushings
- BMR Solid Cradle Bushings
- Per4mance Development DIRS Diff Brace
- Per4mance Development Billet Front Diff Race Brace
- TCE 15" Rear Brake Conversion
- High Horse Performance / Bogart 15" Rear Beadlock Wheels
- Mickey Thompson 315 ET Street Pro Radials
- TCE 15" Front Brake Conversion
- RC Comp Hammers 15" Wheels
- M&H Front Skinnies
- Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft
- Driveshaft Shop 1,400 Half-Shafts
- Anti Gravity Lithium Ion Battery
- 180 Degree Thermostat
- ZAutomotive Tazer
- ZAutomotive Double Bypass Cable - allows use of Tazer + Datalogger simultaneously
- Custom Modified RPM Roll Cage
- Stroud Parachute on custom mounts and hardware
- ATI lower with Hpindy's underdrive accessory pulley ring