Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow! Another Video Trashing Jeep and Stellantis

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What we are seeing at Dodge seems to be just the tip of the problems throughout the product lines.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I love my ‘22 GC Summit. You do pay a premium for the Jeep name though when the typical shopper compares specs against a Kia, Hyundai, GMC, Ford, or whatever. Was worth it to me. Design is pre-Stellantis.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I love my ‘22 GC Summit. You do pay a premium for the Jeep name though when the typical shopper compares specs against a Kia, Hyundai, GMC, Ford, or whatever. Was worth it to me. Design is pre-Stellantis.
The prices are now way too high. None of these are top tier cars.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
The downfall of Jeep..... That made me lol literally! FCA made $18 billion last year in profits. Im betting they will survive smh. Youtubers these days are just getting dumber and dumber and will make any video to get views even if its uttery STUPID!

Yea, FCA sells more than Jeeps lol...... "2022 saw a record year in total sales within the U.S. commercial fleet channel across its vehicle portfolio, up 28% year over year; up 48% in the fourth quarter versus same quarter last year."

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The downfall of Jeep..... That made me lol literally! FCA made $18 billion last year in profits. Im betting they will survive smh. Youtubers these days are just getting dumber and dumber and will make any video to get views even if its uttery STUPID!

Yea, FCA sells more than Jeeps lol...... "2022 saw a record year in total sales within the U.S. commercial fleet channel across its vehicle portfolio, up 28% year over year; up 48% in the fourth quarter versus same quarter last year."
Good thing you don't do marketing for a living.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
What we are seeing at Dodge seems to be just the tip of the problems throughout the product lines.

What a rambling mess! Bullshit. EVERYTHING worth a damn costs a lot of money right now. It is fuckin Biden’s fault for feeding inflation with federal give always and prohibiting our domestic oil production to further feed petro prices which raise the price on everything.

We have a 2018 Summit and I will put that up against about anything for any damn price in the luxury SUV market. We could have afforded any of that other shit costing tens of thousands more. He mentioned Range Rovers, even the Mercedes and BMW’s, no way I would pay that much more. Besides performing like a champ, it has been brutally reliable, wife loves it and even with the 5.7 has frequently pulled around the Challenger on a 20’ trailer!

Why won’t I buy another right now? Even with nearly 80,000 miles it still performs and looks better than new! Bought another set of Michelins and it is ready to rock! It has been retired from its towing duties, so it will remain a great part of my paid for stable of vehicles and my wife loves it for her DD.

3F4E18E7-30A0-4AF9-8484-5C9648BA1DCF.jpeg

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, I doubt I could live off a $16 billion dollar profit....... ur 100% right lmao.

Good thing you don't do marketing for a living.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8
Yea, I doubt I could live off a $16 billion dollar profit....... ur 100% right lmao.
Sacrifice the brand for short term profits.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
What a rambling mess! Bullshit. EVERYTHING worth a damn costs a lot of money right now. It is fuckin Biden’s fault for feeding inflation with federal give always and prohibiting our domestic oil production to further feed petro prices which raise the price on everything.

We have a 2018 Summit and I will put that up against about anything for any damn price in the luxury SUV market. We could have afforded any of that other shit costing tens of thousands more. He mentioned Range Rovers, even the Mercedes and BMW’s, no way I would pay that much more. Besides performing like a champ, it has been brutally reliable, wife loves it and even with the 5.7 has frequently pulled around the Challenger on a 20’ trailer!

Why won’t I buy another right now? Even with nearly 80,000 miles it still performs and looks better than new! Bought another set of Michelins and it is ready to rock! It has been retired from its towing duties, so it will remain a great part of my paid for stable of vehicles and my wife loves it for her DD.

View attachment 102884
Overall their price increases has been the most.

I've been watching this for a while. They don't want to build alot of cars. This was learned during rona and by watching the dealerships tack on ADMs which people sucked up.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
There are waiting lists to buy many of these cars..... Which other manufactors have waiting lists to buy their cars bro? Their profits are up from 2021. Is that what u mean by short term? The numbers dont lie. Plenty of YouTubers lie tho.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...d-full-year-2022-sales-results-301713751.html
They all lie.

I can see the lines of cars on the lots of local dealers, especially Rams.

Theses are not luxury brands. I'm not going to argue. Time will tell.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

View attachment 102884
My ‘14 Overland is at 85k and still perfect. An oil pressure sensor is the only repair in 9.8 years. The ‘22 WL is much more refined than the WK2 and the fit and finish are flawless. It stickered for $64,500 and is priced competitively, imo. Made in Detroit, it doesn’t have the snob appeal of BMW and Mercedes but that’s fine with me.
1680874435217.jpeg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
IMG_2076.JPG We had a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It was fully loaded and after about 20 months my wife said honey please get rid of this thing I really hate it so......away it went.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
View attachment 102886 We had a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It was fully loaded and after about 20 months my wife said honey please get rid of this thing I really hate it so......away it went.
Same platform as the Dodge Dart.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Overall their price increases has been the most.

I've been watching this for a while. They don't want to build alot of cars. This was learned during rona and by watching the dealerships tack on ADMs which people sucked up.
The Jeeps are competitively priced. I have owned eight of them now. Price compared every time and decided to stay with Jeep. This current one has retained its value also. Even with my recently purchased Durango (no ADM WAS ADDED) and as you have pointed out previously yourself, the Mercedes is the same vehicle basically, they just stretch the wheelbase a bit, but for $150k plus it still don’t have the good old 392 CI tried and true V8 power plant and the excellent tranny behind it. So WTF, spent in the low $80’s. Yes, that is lots of cash but the alternatives for less cash suck large.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
The Jeeps are competitively priced. I have owned eight of them now. Price compared every time and decided to stay with Jeep. This current one has retained its value also. Even with my recently purchased Durango (no ADM WAS ADDED) and as you have pointed out previously yourself, the Mercedes is the same vehicle basically, they just stretch the wheelbase a bit, but for $150k plus it still don’t have the good old 392 CI tried and true V8 power plant and the excellent tranny behind it. So WTF, spent in the low $80’s. Yes, that is lots of cash but the alternatives for less cash suck large.
Unfortunately after the Durango and LX cars are done, Mercedes engineering has left the building. Today Mercedes builds some of the worst cars in the marketplace.

Building cars on Fiat, Alpha and other euro platforms have proven not to work for what Americans expect from these vehicles. Jeep has a reputation for building a tough ass vehicle. That's gone.

Taking a Fiat 500 and putting a Jeep nameplate on it doesn't make it a "real" Jeep. Grocery getter, yes.

Stellantis prices has gone up in insane amounts over the past few years while increasing their profit margin. I'm all for profit but, to me, in my opinion, short term profits while sacrificing the brands reputation is crazy unless your goal is to destroy them.

Just drive by your local dealers and see who has a large inventory of new vehicles. Here it's Ram and Jeep. Grand Cherokees and the Wagoneer are readily available, while the dealers are adding ADM stickers to them. Fuck them and that's what people are saying who always buy a Jeep or Ram.

Ford has done the same thing with the F series. I see plenty of them now on the lot. Not sure where their sales are.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Last truck waz an F250, leather, king less cab, 8ft bed, Brama topper painted, nice #9 Ford. Worst riding truck I ever had. Changed the tires and added weight. No change. Beat Stalone to death, if still alive. They were great wind shield and work trucks the way they were. Baaaak??

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18
There's a few automakers that are moving into the high end market exclusively. Mercedes, Stellantis and (I'm drawing a blank). They are canceling the lower and middle level models. Less production focused on high profit models.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Mooo over hot dog girls. More un em ployed auto workers a coming. Moe profits means cut nutts butts and jobs.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
You won't have to look very hard to find someone who will trash anything or anyone. No shortage of douchebags on YouTube that like to hear themselves talk. And jacksass thinks nothing else has been hit by 10% annual inflation but Jeep. Apparently he's never taken that Jeep to a gas station. Next.