Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Will 2022 Challenger Receive Uconnect 5?

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
My gal wants the 2022 GC. She wants to trade our 2014 FX4 in on one, but I'm not sold on doing that. I'm not a fan of piano black paneling on anything. Looks tacky as hell, and is a nightmare to maintain. Same goes for the gloss UC5 screen.
I agree. Wife's Cherokee has a lot of that glossy black crap. Scratches if you look at it funny and shows every fingerprint!

OP
68coronet

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker
Thread Starter #22
I agree. Wife's Cherokee has a lot of that glossy black crap. Scratches if you look at it funny and shows every fingerprint!
The more I think about it, the happier I am with my lowly matte screen UC4. I suppose one could purchase a matte screen cover for the UC5, though I don't think covering the center console would look so hot. My 50th RT has a gold weaved (matte finish) carbon fiber console that looks fabulous! 100% carbon fiber construction, not veneer. I assume the carbon/suede package is of similar construction.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
The more I think about it, the happier I am with my lowly matte screen UC4. I suppose one could purchase a matte screen cover for the UC5, though I don't think covering the center console would look so hot. My 50th RT has a gold weaved (matte finish) carbon fiber console that looks fabulous! 100% carbon fiber construction, not veneer. I assume the carbon/suede package is of similar construction.
My 2020 RE has the carbon/suede package and it has a matte finish that matches the UC4 screen finish. It is real CF though, not a veneer.