Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Why the Hell Can’t RAM offer what Ford offers I just don’t get it.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ram is so damn late and slow to the performance truck end it’s sad. They could at least buddy up with someone like Ford does just amazing to say the least. And what does Dodge do with all these leftover Hellcat Motors but shove them down dealers throats like Koons Dodge. Which as many here know orders like 200 Hellcats stripped out to give away. RAM should have raised its hand and said will take the over production Hellcat Motors. The typical left hand doesn’t know what’s the right hand is doing. And maybe just a little to much right hand action[bath]
https://www.roushperformance.com/ve...127146035&mc_cid=aa5b3a506b&mc_eid=92197afd64

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Dodge is too busy designing bad ass cars that will win the horsepower wars for years to come. Ford knows they cant compete, so they just build more versions of lame ass F-150's to sell instead.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
The TRX Ram 1500 is coming
Hellcat powered Raptor fighter. I want to buy it but im not paying 100k for it either.

Dodge's bad ass cars have been stale for a couple years now. Demon was the last time they did anything memorable. Then detuned it and gave it hellcat suspension/brakes and said here you go.

Right now the HP kings are
797/808 for Dodge, 755 for GM, and 760 from Ford. Not much bragging rights anymore

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Dodge is too busy designing bad ass cars that will win the horsepower wars for years to come. Ford knows they cant compete, so they just build more versions of lame ass F-150's to sell instead.
Horsepower is nice, but faster is nicer.

Hope you're right and want to see them pull back the curtain, but if there's nothing there (and no charger red eye, for example) I'm going to have to say that Dodge may have lost its way.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Charger Redeye is a good barometer for the future of FCA and muscle IMHO. We shall see. However, my wallet isn't hoping for Charger Redeye.

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
The Ram Rebel TRX is coming sometime this year. It took longer than I thought it should, but I'm also not a Ram/Dodge Executive Team Member.

I also think the Charger Redeye is coming. I thought it would be 2020, but now I lean towards 2021 as something new to go with the Widebody.

The other question to be answered is will we see a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Redeye? I lean towards no because I think the drivetrain is maxed out on what it can handle with the pedestrian 707hp.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Charger redeye, if at all, will be end of 2020 as a 21 model. Willing to bet on it (but not whether it actually appears)

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Sterling Heights truck plant is having the TRX related equipment installed right now. It's taken a while, but it's coming (soon-ish).

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ram is so damn late and slow to the performance truck end it’s sad. They could at least buddy up with someone like Ford does just amazing to say the least. And what does Dodge do with all these leftover Hellcat Motors but shove them down dealers throats like Koons Dodge. Which as many here know orders like 200 Hellcats stripped out to give away. RAM should have raised its hand and said will take the over production Hellcat Motors. The typical left hand doesn’t know what’s the right hand is doing. And maybe just a little to much right hand action[bath]
https://www.roushperformance.com/ve...127146035&mc_cid=aa5b3a506b&mc_eid=92197afd64
Hell, I'd like to see a 1500 with the same 6.4 that's in my Challenger, that would be a good start. Then have some higher perf package with the HC engine. My last Ram had 395 hp and the 3.92 gears made it nice, but the speed limiter topped it at about 118. I don't know why they don't make an SRT truck like they used to.