Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who said a stock 1320 couldn’t lift the front wheels?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yes, there 1320 is 2350 , not 1500-2000. I was off on that as were you. Same theory still applies though. Both making close to the same numbers outta the hole ~420(1320) - ~500(hellcat) and the advantage going the car with ~150 pounds less on the nose. Maybe off , but not too far off. Just a theory.
PaVa, wether it’s loaded or not, it’s still not making power till 2350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
80 ftlbs does a lot more for a car then 150 lbs of weight does . Over the nose or not . Also unsprung weight is more important then sprung Weight .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Ronan978

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Sinai
State
NY
Country
United States
80 ftlbs does a lot more for a car then 150 lbs of weight does . Over the nose or not . Also unsprung weight is more important then sprung Weight .

Just a theory, hakuna matata:) Let’s not forget the 1320 stripped down with headers and a tune that went 10.77. Unsprung is important , yes, but power to weight is important as well.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Yes, there 1320 is 2350 , not 1500-2000. I was off on that as were you.
I was off on what? I said the stall was 2350. I also said that people were not launching them at the ~3k you cited. I also then said that owners aren't even launching them at the 2350 stall speed.
If I misstated anything, please let me know. I'll edit my post as to not mislead anyone.

Ronan978

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Sinai
State
NY
Country
United States
I was off on what? I said the stall was 2350. I also said that people were not launching them at the ~3k you cited. I also then said that owners aren't even launching them at the 2350 stall speed.
If I misstated anything, please let me know. I'll edit my post as to not mislead anyone.
No , before you edited, what I read was the 1320 is between 1500-2000k. Not a big deal, we can all be wrong, we’re big boys. I didn’t mean it in a snarky way. You already did edit it:)

Ronan978

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Sinai
State
NY
Country
United States
No , before you edited, what I read was the 1320 is between 1500-2000k. Not a big deal, we can all be wrong, we’re big boys. I
didn’t mean it in a snarky way. You already did edit it:)

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No , before you edited, what I read was the 1320 is between 1500-2000k. Not a big deal, we can all be wrong, we’re big boys. I didn’t mean it in a snarky way. You already did edit it:)

I prefer the term "big boned"

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I've launched mine at @2200 off the footbrake and all I got was a spinfest...but that's because I drove through the water like I do with my drag car that has pizza cutter fronts....and I didn't lower the rear tire pressure enough. 22 lbs. was as low as I went that night. Next time I'll drive around the water, and lower the tire pressure more.

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Look what else that's not even a Demon nor Redeye that can do a wheelie ...

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Remember OP's 1320 is a factory single seat car. That takes more weight off the front half. Great launch! Even better photo!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well Sparky, considering the fact that my fastest 60’ that day was 1.610, I guess there WAS a way a 1.6x 60’ lifted a wheel. What say you now?
Well I haven't been called Sparky in a while , but I've been called worse so no harm, but if you & Stormtrooper say it lifted the wheel then so be it but I would have to see it myself. You got any video ?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Well I haven't been called Sparky in a while , but I've been called worse so no harm, but if you & Stormtrooper say it lifted the wheel then so be it but I would have to see it myself. You got any video ?
What didn't you like (n) about what I said " SilverBillet " ?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
What didn't you like (n) about what I said " SilverBillet " ?
Some people have never heard “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness”

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Some people have never heard “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness”
It's hard to believe with out actually owning a 1320 . Lifting the front tires is no easy feat. Especially on a production car and let's face it dodges are not lightweight . And some of us need to see it with our own 2 eyes in order to believe something ( it's everything with me) . The 1320 guys should look at it from out point of view also . And most important we all know how much of the internet is true

OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #114
It's hard to believe with out actually owning a 1320 . Lifting the front tires is no easy feat. Especially on a production car and let's face it dodges are not lightweight . And some of us need to see it with our own 2 eyes in order to believe something ( it's everything with me) . The 1320 guys should look at it from out point of view also . And most important we all know how much of the internet is true

Sorry, not sorry that I don't have a Zapruder film to show you guys...though if I did, I'm sure there'd be claims of "photoshop" or other claims of digital manipulation. And how could a video serve any better than a high def photo to those who "need to see it with our own 2 eyes in order to believe..."?

As to this: [QUOTE “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness"][/QUOTE]

I'll simply counter with this, as the photo in my post clearly disproves what has been claimed as "impossible".

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

And I'll add as anecdotal evidence, these two photos of the passenger side of my car.

The first is my car at rest; note the fender gap above the front passenger side tire.
IMG_4568.JPG

And then a side shot of a launch on another run. No, in this photo my wheels aren't lifted, but look at the fender gap above the front right tire. That tire is 28" in diameter (17"x 4.5" wheels and M&H RaceMaster front skinnies - specs provided as evidence for forensic analysts to verify)

IMG_4583.jpeg

Anecdotally, these two pictures provide evidence of the effectiveness of the Demon suspension and Drag Mode components found in the 1320s.

Here's the digital image that started this whole thing; not a picture of a picture:
IMG_4579.jpeg

Finally, my last word (as captured by this quote) on this, considering all that has been discussed and presented:

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

I agree Hpindy, I am normally the first one to give someone the benefit of a doubt of a claim , but if I don't believe something then just show me proof besides a pic , video would be nice. If OP doesn't have it then maybe the next time he goes to the track ?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Sorry, not sorry that I don't have a Zapruder film to show you guys...though if I did, I'm sure there'd be claims of "photoshop" or other claims of digital manipulation. And how could a video serve any better than a high def photo to those who "need to see it with our own 2 eyes in order to believe..."?

As to this: [QUOTE “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness"]
I'll simply counter with this, as the photo in my post clearly disproves what has been claimed as "impossible".

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

And I'll add as anecdotal evidence, these two photos of the passenger side of my car.

The first is my car at rest; note the fender gap above the front passenger side tire.
View attachment 5997

And then a side shot of a launch on another run. No, in this photo my wheels aren't lifted, but look at the fender gap above the front right tire. That tire is 28" in diameter (17"x 4.5" wheels and M&H RaceMaster front skinnies - specs provided as evidence for forensic analysts to verify)

View attachment 5998

Anecdotally, these two pictures provide evidence of the effectiveness of the Demon suspension and Drag Mode components found in the 1320s.

Here's the digital image that started this whole thing; not a picture of a picture:
View attachment 6000

Finally, my last word (as captured by this quote) on this, considering all that has been discussed and presented:

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]

The photo you just provided is much better then the original photo you previously showed. The original photo looked strange so that is why many had doubts. I hope you understand why some of us find this hard to believe. Congrats!

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats OP , that's awesome , enjoy !

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat

As to this: [QUOTE “the weight of evidence for an extraordinary claim must be proportioned to its strangeness"]

View attachment 5997

View attachment 5998

View attachment 6000

― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead[/QUOTE]It's not your job to convince us ! That's on us . Your job is to have fun with the car . There will always be skeptics . I get it all the time too.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Look what else that's not even a Demon nor Redeye that can do a wheelie ...

Uhh, this car has waaayy more in it than any Demon or Red Eye. You know that, right?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Uhh, this car has waaayy more in it than any Demon or Red Eye. You know that, right?
YES!