Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who said a stock 1320 couldn’t lift the front wheels?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@72 440 Barracuda - if you’re not saying that the picture was photoshopped, then my comment wasn’t directed at you.
It’s directed at the people who think @PaVaSteeler went out of his way to photoshop a picture, start a thread about it, and claim that the car was a stock.
If the only modification was wheels and tires people still wouldn’t believe the pic was real and they’d find something else to complain about.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
It's actually just under 150lbs .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Nice. That’s a lot of weight.
Blower
Intercooler
Chiller
Fluids
Etc..,

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
This guy did it with a worse 60’ than the OP.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Nice. That’s a lot of weight.
Blower
Intercooler
Chiller
Fluids
Etc..,
I know that the supercharger fully dressed is 105lbs. I weighed mine when I changed it to see if there was. Difference from the hellcat supercharger. No there is no difference in weight. And I just happen to have most of the components on the bench (no chiller) I will weigh them to confirm.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
IMO no way is this a hoax. 'Back in the day' heavy cars pulled wheelies (LOW rear gears, rpm's, clutch, high stall converts)s with way less horsepower than 700/800 and ran 11's. I saw a guy with a '55 Chevy and 427 pull a SOLID 2ft wheelie and ran 12.01. We talked later and he said it's funny no matter what I do I can't get 11's out of this motor. Hey, wheelies are cool no matter the ET. You run and wheelie out of the hole, it's always a WOW factor. LOL

Ronan978

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Sinai
State
NY
Country
United States
Good to point out, both cars yesterday, PaVa and Nick’s , were both launched on foot brake using none of the electronic bells and whistles. PaVa’s car is for all intents and purposes stock. And I was there, he pulled the wheel, no photoshop. Damn impressive to run an 11.4 in a stock car!! Nick’s car, while stripped down to a race car weight, is still super impressive to run a 10.77, and he was going for a 10.60 today. Congrats to everyone yesterday!!!! It was truly an awesome day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Torque reserve does nothing on a N/A engine . On a boosted engine it holds boost on the launch to build torque. On a N/A engine it changes the timing a degree or 2 ... what's that maybe 7 HP/TQ? Plus all things being equal the demon is only about 150 lbs heavier. Yes on the nose but almost double the HP/TQ more then makes up for that . The suspensions between the 2 cars are very similar . My argument is when anyone says "stock" and there are many changes to the car from how it was delivered . Yes I'm including the guys who claim "stock boost" but rev the car higher then factory ( which builds more boost) . Am I a stickler about details? Maybe . That would be like me saying my car is stock because most of my upgraded parts are stock on other cars . Are these cars capable of lifting tires .... Sure they can with part changes , upgraded part , weight reduction , etc . Look at moparjim he has gone 10..41 with wheels and tires and front swaybar removal . He is the first to point that out and never claims "stock". SRT claims a stock hellcat is an 10.8 car on drag radials .

Sure, not debating any of that. Just looking at what I see here (information as presented) and know based on research.

I still have this next to my shitter because it impresses me (the mag, not the toilet):

Attachments

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Good to point out, both cars yesterday, PaVa and Nick’s , were both launched on foot brake using none of the electronic bells and whistles. PaVa’s car is for all intents and purposes stock. And I was there, he pulled the wheel, no photoshop. Damn impressive to run an 11.4 in a stock car!! Nick’s car, while stripped down to a race car weight, is still super impressive to run a 10.77, and he was going for a 10.60 today. Congrats to everyone yesterday!!!! It was truly an awesome day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn impressive to lift the front no matter what the package 1320 or any of the Hemi motors - the 6.4 is very impressive motor. My daughter has one in her 2014 Charger SRT8 and that thing gets up and moves like I would never believe. Running a 12.5 this summer, if I remember right, with only a couple mods on stock tires.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Sure, not debating any of that. Just looking at what I see here (information as presented) and know based on research.

I still have this next to my shitter because it impresses me (the mag, not the toilet):
Lol I have a stack of magazines in my "reading room" also . Probably the same issues as you .

OP
P

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Thread Starter #50
While still a "picture of a picture", this one is from straight overhead of the posted picture laying flat. That's my shadow in the glass taking the picture.

The Forensic analysts will have to make do with this one until I get a chance to take the picture of my car with me driving it at ATCO on November 1, 2019 at approximately 11:30 am out of its frame and to a print shop where I can have it digitally scanned while waiting for the photographer to send me a Notarized Affidavit affirming that no photoshopping of the car, the pavement, nor the shadows was performed.)

(The above snark is for all the doubters and haters, those who commented and those who haven't) who would rather impugn my integrity than accept the fact that what they thought they knew was impossible, isn't).

Poe lifting front wheel ATCO 11.1.19.JPG

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Lol I have a stack of magazines in my "reading room" also . Probably the same issues as you .

My wife is kicking my magazine collection out of the house - and I just found this too:

Attachments

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
My wife is kicking my magazine collection out of the house - and I just found this too:
Yup same issues . Luckily I have my own "reading room"

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
OK - Why does it look photoshopped to me? Thats easy - look at the perspective on the front end (headlights, tires, grill opening, bumper, splitter, etc) if your looking at the car from the drivers side of the car the perspective should go opposite of what you see in the pic - all of the front end (and items listed above) should be larger in perspective on the drivers side than the passenger side - which this isn't (check out a picture elsewhere from the same general viewpoint) - this picture looks wrong. Thats what I am saying. It could be off slightly because its a picture of a picture, but not to me - thats why I say it looks photoshopped...
Yes...right up there with the pics of the lunar landing and the man in the grassy knoll.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yes...right up there with the pics of the lunar landing and the man in the grassy knoll.
And this pic

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
A - nice car

B - cool pic

:)(y)

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I am one of the people who has reservations about a Stock N/A pulling the tires when many higher HP cars can't. I have to see it for myself in person . The demon with almost twice the HP struggles to lift the tires . Plus "stock" is a subjective term . To some of us stock means exactly how it was delivered with zero changes . I'm talking not even the air filter. No wheels and tires, no parts removed or changed , nothing . I'm not trying to Piss in anyone's corn flakes but I'm just trying to explain to the 1320 crew why it's hard for most people to understand.

Yeah...we get it. And we tried to hash this out previously. We talked several hundred pound weight differences in the cars, the different suspensions, different torque converters, et al. You guys didn't want to consider any of it because you paid more for your cars and had more hp, therefore if you couldn't do it, there was no way that any 1320 could do it. You didn't like the grainy pics and swore it wasn't possible...at all. Well...now there is a clear front end view pic of it happening at a large sanctioned event, with a pic taken by someone with absolutely no skin in the game whatsoever. They sit at the track and take pics of all the cars, they don't care what kind or model. So...you can't complain it's grainy, you can't complain it's wishful thinking, you can't complain that it's a game of light tricks and shadows. And not just this 1320 raised the tire, there is also a pic of a lime green 1320 raising the wheels and that car has full interior.
So...you guys can believe it or not. None of us really care. You asked for proof and it's been provided.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yeah...we get it. And we tried to hash this out previously. We talked several hundred pound weight differences in the cars, the different suspensions, different torque converters, et al. You guys didn't want to consider any of it because you paid more for your cars and had more hp, therefore if you couldn't do it, there was no way that any 1320 could do it. You didn't like the grainy pics and swore it wasn't possible...at all. Well...now there is a clear front end view pic of it happening at a large sanctioned event, with a pic taken by someone with absolutely no skin in the game whatsoever. They sit at the track and take pics of all the cars, they don't care what kind or model. So...you can't complain it's grainy, you can't complain it's wishful thinking, you can't complain that it's a game of light tricks and shadows. And not just this 1320 raised the tire, there is also a pic of a lime green 1320 raising the wheels and that car has full interior.
So...you guys can believe it or not. None of us really care. You asked for proof and it's been provided.
For me it the "stock" aspect that everyone throws around . I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying it's hard to believe dead stock as delivered . You are talking to a person who a lot of people told no way he could run 9's on pump gas or that modification won't work, etc . I'm in the same shoes as you guys . And some people go really overboard .

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That's it! That's the evil rag that made me buy a 1320 with all it's promises of factory race car joy. And the more I read it...the more it corrupted my mind. I couldn't look at it any longer so I had to put it in the file for my car. Damn you Dodge for preying on the weaknesses of an impressionable mind.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
The 1320 like the demon has 2 main advantages . The transbrake and the suspension. With any racing suspension is key . I have the demon spring and swaybars but I would really love to get the shock calibrations too . The transbrake would be interesting but I hear a lot of people don't use it or it's too complicated .

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
For me it the "stock" aspect that everyone throws around . I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying it's hard to believe dead stock as delivered . You are talking to a person who a lot of people told no way he could run 9's on pump gas or that modification won't work, etc . I'm in the same shoes as you guys . And some people go really overboard .

I was at ATCO yesterday too, and I saw the car firsthand, in the flesh. Other than a wheel/tire swap, there is nothing else done to this car. And since the 1320 comes from the factory with drag radials installed, that narrows it down to just really the front skinny swap. There are no mods to his engine, suspension, transmission, body, etc.
I'd like to continue this discussion all day but Bigfoot is coming over to pick me up in his new spaceship, then we're gonna run over and hang out with the Loch Ness monster before he closes the pool for the winter.