Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Who is running pump e85?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm running the ID 1050X injectors, are these too small for a E85 setup? Running the hellraiser 2.72. In first gear I was pulling 13.7% DC and at the end of the run 62.6% DC for pump 93 with two gallons of race gas thrown in for insurance (not the final tune).

I know you asked @Speedy!, but I'm going down this road too.

At first my thought was, "Hell, I don't know, I'll let others answer."

But you may have the answer already yourself???

Take your 62.6% DC and multiply by 1.3. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I still don't know, but this is at least a simplistic approach to guessing at an answer.

:confused:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I know you asked @Speedy!, but I'm going down this road too.

At first my thought was, "Hell, I don't know, I'll let others answer."

But you may have the answer already yourself???

Take your 62.6% DC and multiply by 1.3. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I still don't know, but this is at least a simplistic approach to guessing at an answer.

:confused:
Thank you for the reply, any knowledge is good knowledge. So it would put my Inj. DC at 82.29%. Might be at the threshold of needing new injectors. Where did you come up with the factor of 1.3? Is that a mathematical figure of how much more E85 you use over 93 or race gas?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you for the reply, any knowledge is good knowledge. So it would put my Inj. DC at 82.29%. Might be at the threshold of needing new injectors. Where did you come up with the factor of 1.3? Is that a mathematical figure of how much more E85 you use over 93 or race gas?

Common knowledge on the increase in fuel consumption from "gas" to ethanol, BUT it is a generalization and I do not know how applicable it is in this scenario...

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
I would error on the side of caution...put larger injectors in. Not sure what the professional group consensus would be but I think pushing the 1050's (which I have as well) to run e isn't something I would chance. I plan to one day get with Curt on a few changes but for now, with my work load, and current enjoyment on 93, I'll enjoy as is.

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
I have a set of ID1700 that I had sent to ID cleaned and tested I can make someone a great deal

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have a set of ID1700 that I had sent to ID cleaned and tested I can make someone a great deal
Shoot me a PM.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
I'm running the ID 1050X injectors, are these too small for a E85 setup? Running the hellraiser 2.72. In first gear I was pulling 13.7% DC and at the end of the run 62.6% DC for pump 93 with two gallons of race gas thrown in for insurance (not the final tune).
Im running FIC 1000cc injectors with a 2.79 upper and want to say Im about 58-60% injector duty cycle so the 1050s should be fine
Im on pump e85 which generally test about 70% around me with fore dual pump setup

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Im running FIC 1000cc injectors with a 2.79 upper and want to say Im about 58-60% injector duty cycle so the 1050s should be fine
Im on pump e85 which generally test about 70% around me with fore dual pump setup
This gives me hope that I won't have to do a big injector upgrade, just put the 1050's in. I don't plan on going any smaller in pulley size. I currently do run a BAP but have been told for E it is a no go. Would this fuel pump be enough? https://highhorseperformance.com/hhp-racing-dual-pump-hellcat-returnless-fuel-system/

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
This gives me hope that I won't have to do a big injector upgrade, just put the 1050's in. I don't plan on going any smaller in pulley size. I currently do run a BAP but have been told for E it is a no go. Would this fuel pump be enough? https://highhorseperformance.com/hhp-racing-dual-pump-hellcat-returnless-fuel-system/
Its cheaper here when you take out the in line filter option
2015+ Stage 1 Hellcat Fuel System – Tapped Performance (myshopify.com)

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Speedy ended up pushing his 1000's to the max and eventually upgraded IIRC.

I'm using FIC1200 and may need to step up a size if we pick up too much from the blower and TB...but as long as I am below 85% I usually let it ride.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
A great deal for sure! I am now one step further for that 🌽 life! @Chuck is da man!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Short answer:
Assuming you already have a dual pump fuel system, log the car in the best possible air you ever think you'll see and if inj DC goes over 85% or fuel pump DC goes over 85% get bigger injectors. If you don't have dual pumps you won't be able to run E.

Longer Answer:
Based on my personal experience the answer is "it depends". I ran the ID1000s for a long time on flex fuel and full E85 with the dual pump drop ins, but what I started to see is that in really good air where the aircharge started to hit close to 2000 in logs the inj DC was going over 85% and fuel pump was approaching max as well. This is a tell that the fuel system is at its limits. For me this was rare as the air had to be just right for it to occur but fueling is something you don't wanna mess around with.

In my scenario I started keeping the ethanol to no more than E70 in that great air (which still gives you 95% plus of the benefit of E) and started keeping an eye out for larger injectors. I came across a set of ID1300x for a good deal and snatched them up.