Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What else do you drive besides a HC?

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
The green looks nice ,I haven’t seen many either.Retro like our Chalengers 👍
DVLA have cancelled my IVA due to staff illness, was due to get it this week and now don't have a date :(

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
DVLA have cancelled my IVA due to staff illness, was due to get it this week and now don't have a date :(
The IVA takes long enough to get in normal times,now they have Covid to blame looks like it will take even longer.Feel for you, but good things come to those who wait.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
The IVA takes long enough to get in normal times,now they have Covid to blame looks like it will take even longer.Feel for you, but good things come to those who wait.
Its done me a favour actually as really busy at work for couple of weeks so wouldn't have chance to do much driving.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Take a few hours to go through the whole thread but towards the end of page 77 with lots of work done and quite transformed:
Wow! Quite transformed is an understatement.
I just changed the fluids in mine, and eventually put larger tires and wheels on it. 13s!

By the way, between you and The Englishman, are you in possession of 65% of the total horsepower in UK?

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Wow! Quite transformed is an understatement.
By the way, between you and The Englishman, are you in possession of 65% of the total horsepower in UK?
When I get mine probably :LOL:

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
NSX, GTR (1500hp+), X5M (670hp+), Charger HC

Couple other airport and kid cars lol.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Out of interest how does the NSX compare to a standard GTR (not 1500HP)?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Couple other airport and kid cars lol.
Also out of interest, what do you do for work and can I have a job?

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Out of interest how does the NSX compare to a standard GTR (not 1500HP)?
Cool fact - it’s designed and built in Ohio; most people don’t realize that.

I’ll preface this by saying I drive almost exclusively on the street. Local 1/4 track moved to 1/8 mile a few years ago and I’m usually asked not to come back without a chute and cage lol.

I could write a book, put it quite simply, it’s everything I always wanted the GTR to be. The powertrain and transmission is absolutely perfect. The 9spd DCT reminds me of the hellcat around town. Extremely smooth, quick shifts and fully capable when needed. It doesn’t have a valves exhaust, it uses silencers.

Instant low end tq from dual inbound electric motors on the front axle (36+36 hp / 54+54 lb-f) and one rear on the shaft ( 47 hp / 109 lb-ft) full any void while waiting for the turbos to spool.

Carbon Ceramics are superb.

Only down side is the interior storage, but doesn’t bother me one bit.

All the hate it gets online is unfounded imho as it’s as close to perfect as it gets. I’ve asked a few companies to put turbos one it for me, but all have passed at this point. There is a JB4 (yes same tune company as Bmw) tune that gets 100 +/- wheel.

Only “problem” is the electric motors turn off at 120mph so it impacts the 1/4 and 60-130. Stock I’ve ran 10.8@124 and a 60-130 in the mid 8’s. It’s much quicker on the street which isn’t captured in the standard. It out launches a FBO GTR red light to red light.

Drive one if you get the chance. There are not a many out there. In quiet mode it runs all electric so you can get out of the house without waking anyone or your neighbors.

It is a cool car.

The GTR is class leading for what it does and over 1000hp nothing on the street can compare to their safety in going quick. I’ve done it it multiple rwd platforms and you learn to quickly live with whiny gears and interior noise. High 2’s 60-130 safe and reliable gets pretty addictive.

Infotainment is still the best in the Dodge of any vehicle I have ever owned.

Now I just need Koons to call me back for that wide body charger ;)

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Also out of interest, what do you do for work and can I have a job?
I basically just put the chocolate on the pillows.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I basically just put the chocolate on the pillows.
I'm not overly intelligent but I'm trainable!

Dancap3286

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
Cool fact - it’s designed and built in Ohio; most people don’t realize that.

I’ll preface this by saying I drive almost exclusively on the street. Local 1/4 track moved to 1/8 mile a few years ago and I’m usually asked not to come back without a chute and cage lol.

I could write a book, put it quite simply, it’s everything I always wanted the GTR to be. The powertrain and transmission is absolutely perfect. The 9spd DCT reminds me of the hellcat around town. Extremely smooth, quick shifts and fully capable when needed. It doesn’t have a valves exhaust, it uses silencers.

Instant low end tq from dual inbound electric motors on the front axle (36+36 hp / 54+54 lb-f) and one rear on the shaft ( 47 hp / 109 lb-ft) full any void while waiting for the turbos to spool.

Carbon Ceramics are superb.

Only down side is the interior storage, but doesn’t bother me one bit.

All the hate it gets online is unfounded imho as it’s as close to perfect as it gets. I’ve asked a few companies to put turbos one it for me, but all have passed at this point. There is a JB4 (yes same tune company as Bmw) tune that gets 100 +/- wheel.

Only “problem” is the electric motors turn off at 120mph so it impacts the 1/4 and 60-130. Stock I’ve ran 10.8@124 and a 60-130 in the mid 8’s. It’s much quicker on the street which isn’t captured in the standard. It out launches a FBO GTR red light to red light.

Drive one if you get the chance. There are not a many out there. In quiet mode it runs all electric so you can get out of the house without waking anyone or your neighbors.

It is a cool car.

The GTR is class leading for what it does and over 1000hp nothing on the street can compare to their safety in going quick. I’ve done it it multiple rwd platforms and you learn to quickly live with whiny gears and interior noise. High 2’s 60-130 safe and reliable gets pretty addictive.

Infotainment is still the best in the Dodge of any vehicle I have ever owned.

Now I just need Koons to call me back for that wide body charger ;)

Thanks for the info and extra photos, very interesting and sounds like a good car :D.

Hoping to get my Challenger is a couple of weeks now, I should probably sell my GTR but I don't see it happening. So on the basis that I'll keep it, the NSX certainly sounds like one to consider if I decide to replace the GTR next year. Think the Nissan prices have gone up too much in last few years and theres definitely other options and narrower price gap to other choices.

I've had 3 GTRs as I love them and once first acclimatised never worried about the noises, they used to be my daily drive before I left the office job. Only experienced a Nissan Leaf courtesy car which was good fun but even from that I can really see the benefits of the motors adding the torque. They've been talking about adding electric motors to the GTR for years but nothing ever seems to happen.

I once drove an Aston with ceramic brakes while the owner was asleep in the passenger seat, not being used to them it was a job in crawling traffic queues to press them so lightly so not to wake him up. The GTR brakes can be a bit pants and I think lack cooling, I've on occasion been a bit horrified on very twisty country roads when they fade badly, I have a 2015 Nismo at the moment and they're better as they have extra air flow.

Adding turbos would be very interesting and I would think a challenge to say the least, I'm not surprised you haven't as yet found someone to do it but keep trying!

I think theres a lot of unjustified hate for many cars and mostly its down to jealously and many haven't even any real experience of what they criticise.

PS. I had no idea it's from Ohio!

Last edited:

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
I’ve cooked the brakes more than once in the R35 and you learn quickly how to manage that hahah.

I love the hellcat Charger. It’s in a class all of its own.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I love the hellcat Charger. It’s in a class all of its own.
Hmm. That's what the New York Taxi Workers Alliance claims. too.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Hmm. That's what the New York Taxi Workers Alliance claims. too.
I was wondering.....and waiting.....and watching....for you to find that

funny guy.gif

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Did I mention that I try not to disappoint?
I may not always succeed, but I do try.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Did I mention that I try not to disappoint?
I may not always succeed, but I do try.
It's the thought that counts........and you never disappoint :D