Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well it happened...2018 Uconnect thinks my car is in a lake

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Pulled out of the garage Saturday for an organized cruise, put directions into the Navigation...ready go..all is well, 30 seconds later...GPS thinks I am 40 miles away a driving through a lake. Well crap....no time to really fix it so I just plug in my phone for Android Auto....can't connect to the screen. WTF!!!
Pulled the fuse, screen comes up blue, eventually goes red and at least allows access to climate, seats, phone pages again. I also pulled the battery cable, let it set, no improvement. Still no navigation, but everything else is working again. Time for a trip to the dealer.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
That sucks..hopefully they have a flash for the nav, would be nice if they did a OTA to all who have 18's, I would be bummed if mine did that, but I will have to wait until I pull it out of winter storage.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Pulled out of the garage Saturday for an organized cruise, put directions into the Navigation...ready go..all is well, 30 seconds later...GPS thinks I am 40 miles away a driving through a lake. Well crap....no time to really fix it so I just plug in my phone for Android Auto....can't connect to the screen. WTF!!!
Pulled the fuse, screen comes up blue, eventually goes red and at least allows access to climate, seats, phone pages again. I also pulled the battery cable, let it set, no improvement. Still no navigation, but everything else is working again. Time for a trip to the dealer.
See my thread on this.... had to have the whole head unit replaced. See the trial and tribulations that entailed. They don't have the on hand and won't give you a new one. They only send out ones someone else sent in to be repaired. So, welcome to your new refurbished electronics~!

grow a fuck.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine got worse and worse over time. I never use the nav but decided I'd get it replaced when I got a whole lot of other work done 500 miles away. At it's worst, car thought we were above the arctic circle in wilderness of northern canada.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Did I ever mention how much I like my refurbished Garmins?
About 60 bucks, free lifetime updates, and no reason to ever visit a dealer.

Oh, and I can have the performance pages up, and still see the GPS.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
See my thread on this.... had to have the whole head unit replaced. See the trial and tribulations that entailed. They don't have the on hand and won't give you a new one. They only send out ones someone else sent in to be repaired. So, welcome to your new refurbished electronics~!

View attachment 29366

Linkage to your thread?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Linkage to your thread?
Linkage?? It's all by wire these days.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Linkage to your thread?
I have no idea how to find anything on here anymore. Took it to northwest dodge in Houston who for the most part I highly recommend. center stack replacement, windshield replacement, rear drivers side wheel well crease removed, and I think they may have done the oil cooler line swap too (but my malfunctioning brain says that was the local dealer, maybe, the one possessed or a least managed by satan). Also had the car quartzed that trip too, but not at the dodge house.

OP
Kwalski

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #9
I hate the thought of refurbished stuff, but having a Hellcat with no nav, doesn't help the value.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Saved $800 on that BS when I ordered my RE. Thanks for reminding me that Car Play is superior AND FREE.

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Might just be the aerial, had it on another car where the triangulation was only using 2 signals. I was in the middle of the River Thames for a fair while and ended up in the middle of the North Sea. After a hard reboot it thought it was off the coast of Australia not far from where it was made. What was funny is that it kept announcing a warning about deep water. Good luck at the dealers, I'm sure they'll get it fixed.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Apple Car Play, iPhone and Google Maps

And you save the bucks on factory Nav....if you don’t already have the car, obviously. :)

OP
Kwalski

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #13
When it happened, android auto couldn't find the screen...that part fixed itself after pulling fuse. She is going in Monday morning....the service guy seemed all to familiar with the issue and we are hopefully an update will fix it.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
When it happened, android auto couldn't find the screen...that part fixed itself after pulling fuse. She is going in Monday morning....the service guy seemed all to familiar with the issue and we are hopefully an update will fix it.
Good luck. Keep us informed.

OP
Kwalski

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #15
Been here for 2 hours so far. Tech said that 3 updates showed available for my VIN...one is massive. Interesting that the updates only show up at the dealer and not in the uconnect itself....waiting.

OP
Kwalski

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #16
Complete crash and burn, replacement unit ordered....trying to get the old software back to at least have climate control and srt features

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Too bad man

OP
Kwalski

Kwalski

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SALISBURY
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #18
Nothing but a white screen....majorly bricked. Replacement unit on order..I am surprised that the car is still drivable, apparently it stays on whatever the last settings were in the SRT menu. But no other items...but oddly the backup camera still works. He said pull fuse 37 to keep from the battery going dead.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Carve it out of the dash, then use the space for a few real 2-inch gauges and some switches.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
F that noise.

brimstone strike.gif

Love the shock wave propagation visible on this vid. And of course, this is my friend, the Brimstone.