Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Weird Noise At Start Up

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Wondering if any one has this noise or may know what it is at start up. As soon as motor starts hear a solid faint sound or like an seat belt alarm only solid and not as loud for just a shot time like maybe 30 seconds and stops. Kind of sounds like a disc brake pad that barley squeals is best description of sound. Only at start up and not before. No check engine light or any thing and Beast runs fine! But annoys the hell out of me. Just started doing it today. It kind of sounds like it comes from the rear of the car. It will not do in start \run position with out starting motor, only does it when motor starts.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Maybe supply a recording. Someone might know.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
exhaust valve with a little corrosion might fit the description

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #4
exhaust valve with a little corrosion might fit the description
Great thought ! Took off Exhaust valves wired them open seems noise went away!....forgot to plug back in sensor check engine light came on from where I forgot to plug sensor back in....plugged back in sensor while it was idling real quick still had check Engine light on. So, I shut off disconnected negative battery terminal waited 10 minutes or so connected negative back. Started it up Noise was gone, check engine light soon gone, but lost my performance Pages and when I try and select the SRT button nothing happens at all, Tried to go Performance pages by using AP in settings still no pages found....lol. Noise, gone, Check engine light off but, my SRT performance pages gone....what the heck?

Last edited:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I believe they’ll come back shortly from what I remember others saying. I haven’t disconnected my battery for anything nor have I had to replace it yet.

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #6
I believe they’ll come back shortly from what I remember others saying. I haven’t disconnected my battery for anything nor have I had to replace it yet.
You are correct!

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #7
Ended up with noise gone since taking active exhaust off and wired open with the Performances pages all coming back on their own after Cat sit in garage for most of the day! All working fine, runs fine, noise gone! Thanks for the comments and help to all!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That slow reversion to the srt page set up three me way back when I first experienced it too. Glad everyrhing.worked out

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #9
That slow reversion to the srt page set up three me way back when I first experienced it too. Glad everyrhing.worked out
Thanks me too! It sure never seemed like it was going too. It seems the Active Exhaust is more of a pain in the butt than worth! 9 Month old car with 5000 miles stays in garage already with Rust building in them sucks what ya think?

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #10
The weird noise kept returning off and on and then every time the car was warmed up and restarted it would be there no longer intermittent and seemed to be getting louder. Took it in to dealer after having to wait two weeks to get in for the appointment. The fuel pump is bad and the ordered a new fuel pump for it on back order until July. I looked it up at MOPAR seeing its 1200 bucks but never said any thing about back order for the pump, So my dealer probably dragging their feet for time to repair it telling I could drive it but not to take any long trips! lol. How the hell does a fuel pump go out on a new vehicle with that was under 9 months old with less than 5000 miles?

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #11
Update on Fuel pump. Dealer installed new fuel Pump after it finally came in yesterday 7/21/2022 no more noise and runs great. No the only problem is started keeps trying to start after I take finger of starter button. Weird! Going to call them today see what they tell me.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Open the doors, hood, and trunk. Let it sit that way overnight. Walk out in the morning holding a thing of burning sage, this will scare away any of your gremlins that did not decide to leave the car overnight. The gremlins don't really like to stay in a Dodge, since Fords are their favorite. I hear that now they are even more attracted to electric Fords, so getting them to leave your car should fairly be fairly easy.

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #13
Open the doors, hood, and trunk. Let it sit that way overnight. Walk out in the morning holding a thing of burning sage, this will scare away any of your gremlins that did not decide to leave the car overnight. The gremlins don't really like to stay in a Dodge, since Fords are their favorite. I hear that now they are even more attracted to electric Fords, so getting them to leave your car should fairly be fairly easy.
What about the trap door where the battery is? Should I leave it open too?

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
What about the trap door where the battery is? Should I leave it open too?
For sure! Perhaps even the console lid and glove box as well.

OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #15
For sure! Perhaps even the console lid and glove box as well.
Got it! Went on to open up the fuse panels too and popped the rad, cap and fuel door! Lit the sage! Will advise!

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
Did the new fuel pump fix your issue? I’m hearing the same noise.

Last edited:
OP
Geerhed

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #17
Did the new fuel pump fix your issue? I’m hearing the same noise.
Yes they replaced it under warranty and it fixed the issue. The fuel pump is under the back seat. It would come and go drove me nuts!! There were no codes sent nothing at all to indicate fuel pump was going out. Car ran fine. It would have just a bit of hesitation for a slit second now and then when you nailed in normal mode not at all in sport or track mode.