Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Uconnect Disconnect?

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Hey, I got this in email stating that Uconnect will be stopped. Anyone have any news on this?

Attachments

OP
Ralph

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #2
Since I didn't get a notice for my 2019, wondering if Uconnect will be changed for cars newer that 2016.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Not a surprise as 3G is going away nationwide by the beginning of the year. Your '19 is probably 4 or 5G capable and will not be impacted - at least until they decide to kill off 4G !

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
OP
Ralph

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Just kind of surprised me that a car's software could be essentially terminated by the manufacturer. Oh. well, welcome to the new world I guess.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Actually, it's the hardware that's being rendered inop by the wireless corps ! Any 3G phones or other devices you may still have banging around are also going to be inop the beginning of the year !

If you are using Uconnect for your Performance pages and stats, be sure to convert it over the the base (unconnected) software before your access goes away ! It's easier to do while you still have access than to wait until it drops.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Thanks for the replies. Just kind of surprised me that a car's software could be essentially terminated by the manufacturer. Oh. well, welcome to the new world I guess.
The software isn't being terminated, just the 3g connection. All the in car stuff will still work (performance pages, nav, etc), just the stuff that needs a phone connection won't work anymore (remote start and car stats from phone, 911 assistance, etc).

OP
Ralph

Ralph

Member ID
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat REWB
Thread Starter #8
Good to know, since I no longer have the 16 hellcat and the 2019 redeye doesn't appear to be affected, looks like I'll be okay. I am going to check on converting to base. this is something new to me. Thanks

Hey, I'm a Deplorable too!

Actually, it's the hardware that's being rendered inop by the wireless corps ! Any 3G phones or other devices you may still have banging around are also going to be inop the beginning of the year !

If you are using Uconnect for your Performance pages and stats, be sure to convert it over the the base (unconnected) software before your access goes away ! It's easier to do while you still have access than to wait until it drops.

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
I got the 4G T-moble add on device and bought 1 year service. What it gives you is remote start/stop, lock/unlock, vehicle location and a 4G hotspot with 2G/mo data. It does work. I probably won't renew it since the main uConnect function I used was voice texting and that goes away with 3G.