Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tuning

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'd love to hear suggestions on how to drain the tank as I run in to this when switching to race fuel. I have a way to connect to the fuel rail connector and jump the fuel pump relay to pump the tank dry. That works and is fine and good when the car is cold. It gives me a bit of concern to do at the end of a track day though when the manifold is hot. It's the fuel vapor that's flammable after all.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
It’s best to put the e85 in the tank preferably when it’s at a1/4 and drive it and look at the ethanol percentages then when it reads above 75 percent you will be on but shoot for 80+ percentage then when it’s showing that percentage change the tune there is a calculator for determining ethanol percentages on Wallace racing I tried it and it was within a few percent but use you flex tune to tell you what it is then load your tune

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
It’s best to put the e85 in the tank preferably when it’s at a1/4 and drive it and look at the ethanol percentages then when it reads above 75 percent you will be on but shoot for 80+ percentage then when it’s showing that percentage change the tune there is a calculator for determining ethanol percentages on Wallace racing I tried it and it was within a few percent but use you flex tune to tell you what it is then load your tune
Are you reading this straight off HP Tuners data log? Not sure if it's a log or a live feed to read percentage (Never had HP Tuners before).

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I read it off hp tuner
Now remember I’m telling you from what I’ve experienced ok
When you change to your e85 you will not have an alcohol reading so just get it in the flex tune before you change
On mine curt told me that 75 percent reading was the minimum I’ll look thru some logs but I’m thinking this weekend when I had it reading 84or more I’d like to say 85 but curt said It would be give or take 10 percent but mine seem to read it right when I raced it but I had already ran 18 gallons of e85 thru the tank so I knew I was at e85 I also tested my race fuel and it tested e85

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I read it off hp tuner
Now remember I’m telling you from what I’ve experienced ok
When you change to your e85 you will not have an alcohol reading so just get it in the flex tune before you change
On mine curt told me that 75 percent reading was the minimum I’ll look thru some logs but I’m thinking this weekend when I had it reading 84or more I’d like to say 85 but curt said It would be give or take 10 percent but mine seem to read it right when I raced it but I had already ran 18 gallons of e85 thru the tank so I knew I was at e85 I also tested my race fuel and it tested e85
I seen your pic in the other thread, thanks I appreciate the sample! Now I know what to look for. Last I talked to Curt he wants to tune more Redeyes in person on flex before he offers a remote flex tune. He also said the same thing about the minimum ethanol content not being lower than 75% for the E85 tune.

"When you change to your e85 you will not have an alcohol reading so just get it in the flex tune before you change"

So are you saying I won't have an alcohol reading with the E85 tune, so just use the flex tune (It reads E content) to make sure I am 75%+ (Preferably closest to 85%) before swapping to the E85 tune?

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to go on E85 (But I gotta wait, lol :cry:)!

My only source of E85 is by the barrel which I'm told is very consistent. Lots of racers run it here, since we can't get it from the pump locally. Closest pump E85 is over 2 hours away and I heard recently it only measures at 60% anyway.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I have to drive 45 minutes to get ethanol from the pump , i fill up my car and I also fill up 4 5 gallon cans while I’m there to have extra I ordered a drum of renegade pro e85 for the track
SPEEDY hit a good point you could run an e 85 tune and just make a device where you could get fuel from the injector rail , run the tank down to close to empty fill it up with e85 run load the tune run the car and then get some fuel out of the rail and test it run about a quarter tank out top off with e85 and retest and bam your ready to race
Yes you want have an alcohol reading on the e85 tune only in the flex fuel tune

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
BLKOUT had mentioned the car being hard to start cold in ethanol so I decided to check and see it dropped to 19 degrees yesterday and like he said I started it it ran then died two times
Got home last night it had been sitting all day outside and same results started it two times started died so I decided to use that option that my car came with (block heater) here’s two pics the first is before plugging the heater in and the second was taken this morning when it was 16 degrees out
This more the car started and ran just fine this was before starting the car coolant temo was 70 F4B8EF70-AB63-4361-B434-E2E9E7940602.jpeg 9ED365A9-DB2C-449D-8ABE-A59C4D7636FA.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
All I see is 8MPG LOL

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
All I see is 8MPG LOL
Lol that’s Because it’s been park since Saturday when I drove home from the track , it’s ok speedy one day when your car gets big horsepower you’ll understand :ROFLMAO:

OP
R
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queens
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 charger hellcat