Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tuning Training

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I'm looking to take a tuning course. I just got off the phone with the tuning school and they are currently revamping the hellcat class and it won't be available until q2 next year. Does anyone else have a recommended course that covers the Hellcat?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Following

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have the books from the tuning school, the in person course is the books with a professor. If you hang around the hp tuner forums and read you’ll get the same info. A lot of the forum material has been lifted imo to make the books.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Exactly. Why work at it when you can steal it for free. There is a huge amount of that out there.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Exactly. Why work at it when you can steal it for free. There is a huge amount of that out there.
Im not saying the books are bad. They have the information organized and concise. Also due to the way the PCM/TCM there is really only one way to skin the cat. What I can’t tolerate are shops going into the HP Tuners library, pulling down a tune and then slapping it into your car. So from that perspective I see your point. For sure a lot of that going around. I’m a newb at this for sure but learning the principles behind whats going on has served me better than knowing what tables to go look up (its easy to find the tables anyway).

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Im not saying the books are bad. They have the information organized and concise. Also due to the way the PCM/TCM there is really only one way to skin the cat. What I can’t tolerate are shops going into the HP Tuners library, pulling down a tune and then slapping it into your car. So from that perspective I see your point. For sure a lot of that going around. I’m a newb at this for sure but learning the principles behind whats going on has served me better than knowing what tables to go look up (its easy to find the tables anyway).
There are more than one way to skin a cat. You cannot pull any modified tunes from the repository anymore, but any shop to do something like that is a trash shop anyway. Those tunes were there for reference purposes, but many people would do exactly what you're stating