Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Trying to gain some insight in purchasing a new 2019 hellcat charger

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Geez, getting old does have a few advantages. 😂

16' HellCat Charger
17' GT350
20' Durango SRT

$220mo State Farm.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
so you pay 200 a month but you have 500k on bodily, property damage, medical, and uninsured? do you used state farm as well? I'm wondering why mine is so expensive
Well my record is Clean heh.
Geez, getting old does have a few advantages. 😂

16' HellCat Charger
17' GT350
20' Durango SRT

$220mo State Farm.
yeah, what’s your health insurance hah..

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Well my record is Clean heh.

yeah, what’s your health insurance hah..
😂 Standard fare thru employer. $30/week. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
so you pay 200 a month but you have 500k on bodily, property damage, medical, and uninsured? do you used state farm as well? I'm wondering why mine is so expensive
I have the maximum coverage and it cost me about $110/month with Nationwide...but I insure 3 other cars, a trailer and a house with them. There are a lot of factors involved besides your driver’s record. Your address for one thing. Insurance costs more in the city than out in the country or it costs more in Florida than W.VA. It has to do with risk. Married or single affects your rate. The number of vehicles you have. Do you own a house? You need to talk to your insurance agent and ask him why your rate is so high.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I have the maximum coverage and it cost me about $110/month with Nationwide...but I insure 3 other cars, a trailer and a house with them. There are a lot of factors involved besides your driver’s record. Your address for one thing. Insurance costs more in the city than out in the country or it costs more in Florida than W.VA. It has to do with risk. Married or single affects your rate. The number of vehicles you have. Do you own a house? You need to talk to your insurance agent and ask him why your rate is so high.
I'm with Nationwide, and my Challenger was costing me $2400/yr. As soon as I got another vehicle, I moved the Challenger to Hagerty and it dropped to $800/yr with agreed value.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Grundy insurance, highly recommend you look into it especially now that no one is driving. It's a collector car insurance with some requirements that need to be met before they'll approve you (garage, won't drive to work, etc.)

Think I pay around $800 a year for mine, and complete full coverage. Oh, I'm younger than you if that matters.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Try State auto.
Online only.
2100 a year. 2019 HC Challenger and 03 Ram
Full coverage, 500 deductible.
59 years old tho.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
BTW:
Welcome.
Lots of great people and experience here.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Really need it's own thread taking about insurance. Like many have said, there are many factors that go into it. Michigan is the 2nd highest in the nation but that is going to change this summer. They are finally going to break it up into different coverages and I was told everyone's will go down. Also it can cost you more living in the country, why, we have more of a chance hitting a deer.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #30
Really need it's own thread taking about insurance. Like many have said, there are many factors that go into it. Michigan is the 2nd highest in the nation but that is going to change this summer. They are finally going to break it up into different coverages and I was told everyone's will go down. Also it can cost you more living in the country, why, we have more of a chance hitting a deer.
But where there isn’t a chance to hit a deer in a city Like mine
I'm with Nationwide, and my Challenger was costing me $2400/yr. As soon as I got another vehicle, I moved the Challenger to Hagerty and it dropped to $800/yr with agreed value.
nationwide is the cheapest out of all of them. I got quoted $127 a month for good coverage. thanks for that advice.