Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Toyo 888R's...?

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Has anyone ran the Toyo's at the drag strip? I know far from a DR but was curious how they do. Best 60' I could expect?

Have a private event coming up next month that should have some damn amazing prep. Honestly I'm not interested in finding another set of wheels for a DR set up. 3 sets for just the rear of the Redeye is not appealing to me in the least. I have the stock Pirelli's on the factory wheels and the Toyo's on another set of factory wheels.

Last edited:

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I am curious about this as well.

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I have about 4,000 miles on my R888R's . Strictly street driving. They were very sticky at first, now
can't even break 4 seconds 0-60. They don't get hot enough in street driving to work well. Very noisy too
but that doesn't bother me. Also very hard ride even in street mode .Going to try Nitto NT555R soon.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I currently have a set of NTO5R's that I use at the drag strip with mixed results. I ran a 12.00 1/4 the other day but prep was not great and 60' times went south from there resulting in 12.1's.
1/8 is 7.7/7.8
When I leave them on and drive on the street for awhile I am always surprised when I put the Pzero allseasons back on.
Sliding and spinning every where.
I would like to replace these with Toyo Proxes of some sort. I only drive this car in good weather so I'm thinking some sort of track tire would work and I would put the Toyo's on the stock wheels or abandon the stock wheels as I am not crazy about the Devils rim job's and put the Toyo's on my PK Hellraisers and get some 17's and skinnies for the strip.
Just hoping for more consistent ET's and stickier street performance.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #8
Read up on the Corsas awhile back. Not so sure they would be the best for our cars especially for the $$$. I think Michelin has a better all around tire over just about every Pirelli out there when comparing apple to apples. They're definately NOT great for any type of drag racing but a decent road/road race set up.

There are always trade offs trying to find a tire that "does it all". The Toyos have been by far the best all around tire I've ran on cars making this much power even with a bit more noise in the cabin. Think that's bad you should hear them at full song on a dyno! But they handle extremely well in corners (no DR sway/pucker factor), hook better than many of it's competitors I've ran over the years from Avon's, BFG R1's, Nittos, Kuhmos and even MT's on certain roads. A little bit of heat is needed before playing then they actually do very well. Just not sure how they would fair at the drag strip. Definately not going to compete with a quality DR but sure would be nice to see some 1.5 or better short times with em.

I know the MT's would do better at the drag strip but I don't want a one trick pony that doesn't handle well in corners or can't drive over 40 mph if I'm caught in the rain.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Those Corsa tires will be soft and wear fast. I imagine they work better when warmed up also, so not great for sometimes when you need to go without much preparation. I may own four of them someday for road course use. They come in a 335/30 that will fit well on 12" wheels[strongman]

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I ran through 2 sets of Corsa r compound tires on my car over 3 years, 295/35 on clearance from Tire Rack for about $80 each. They were on clearance because they were more than 2 years old when I bought them.
They were great street and road course tires. Quiet and good traction. They were sensitive to the rear wiggle that several people have experienced however.
Now I use R888R tires and they grip a little better.
Next I will probably switch to the Toyo RR in a 315/30. I don't like the road noise of the R888R.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I have the 345 30 20 corsas. I bought them the very end of May. They are pretty much done at 7000 miles. I will drive them another two months and am going with the michelin tires.
I had the Toyos. They were sticky at first. Then terrible after a few thousand miles.
Neither one will hook at the track.
You need drag wheels and tires. If you do not you will be extremely disappointed running 12-13 second quarter miles

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I run 315 NT555Rs and they seemed much stickier when new. Now with about 3,000 miles and a few heavy burn outs, traction has diminished a little. Still manage 11.7 1/4's leaving at 1100 rpm with traction left in Street. 22 lbs. of air. Mid 12's and even 13's seem more like an opportunity in driving style versus just having poor traction.