Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TOTAL SUPPORT CHRYSLER SHILL THREAD (Not paid, I just like MoPar.)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
So, you are facing the upcoming choice of buying a "fuereduh by riceuh" Other family car or something that Dodge makes that could do the same, but with far more SEXAH.

Why not just buy the Chrysler product, keep Canad, er, Americans working, and have a cooler mode of transportation, also?

Support Ma Mopar, look how well she has supported you.

There are zero other musclecars out there. "Ponycar" is not "Musclecar"

See, ponycars are for people who are not full-sized and have fewer than four people they like enough to bring with them, aren't they?

Buy 'Murican, and more specifically, buy MoPar!

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
I am a single issue consumer
It's big and fast.
Sorry, two issue.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Agree...but to be fair all auto makers have a lot of outsourcing. Not sure FCA is any better vs Ford, GM, etc. Mopar sure does have passion which is a dying breed nowadays. Hoping for the Durango Hellcat. Would love to see that.

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Thread Starter #4
I am a single issue consumer
It's big and fast.
Sorry, two issue.
Until MoPar, you had to choose between big and fast.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agree...but to be fair all auto makers have a lot of outsourcing. Not sure FCA is any better vs Ford, GM, etc. Mopar sure does have passion which is a dying breed nowadays. Hoping for the Durango Hellcat. Would love to see that.
Passion drove the auto industry to levels not seen in modern day manufacturing..when passion dies...you get Teslas...

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
Until MoPar, you had to choose between big and fast.
Not in the late 60's, early 70's.
But now, a miniature Cadillac or??

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I have supported almost only Mopar since the early 80's (used cars and trucks) and have purchased only brand new Mopars since 1993 (first brand new vehicle - 1993 Dodge Ramcharger) Ramcharger, Ram 3500, Dodge Caliber, and a Ram 1500... I do like supporting 'merica and 'merican made products, but that is getting harder and harder to do...

OP
K
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Thread Starter #8
And this circles back to "loyalty," something that The Powers that are attempting to Be are trying to eliminate from America, or re-aim loyalty at their chosen products or ideas, no matter how stupid or outlandish.

Loyalty to a company or anything is something that is resurgent, lately, and their efforts are being frustrated. They want a bunch of wage slaves loyal to nothing and nobody. A nation of whores, in other words, whose temporary loyalty can be bought by whoever hands out the most welfare gibsmedats.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Always been a dodge fan.
Be interesting to see what's on the menu the next couple years.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Great concept but when it’s time to put up or shut up people spend their hard earned cash on whatever floats their boat at the time. Some will be loyal, some wont. I personally will not buy a Ram just to be loyal when it’s time for my new truck. Liking the new 2020 Chevy and although the Ram will do the same job, i’m just not brand loyal enough to spend my money on one. I think competition is healthy anyway. Forces manufacturers to stay on their toes and not get complacent. Build something I love and i’ll come back. I’m not spending $70k+ knowing i liked something else better just so i wont be called a whore lol. Ive been called worse.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Passion drove the auto industry to levels not seen in modern day manufacturing..when passion dies...you get Teslas...
And this circles back to "loyalty," something that The Powers that are attempting to Be are trying to eliminate from America, or re-aim loyalty at their chosen products or ideas, no matter how stupid or outlandish.

Loyalty to a company or anything is something that is resurgent, lately, and their efforts are being frustrated. They want a bunch of wage slaves loyal to nothing and nobody. A nation of whores, in other words, whose temporary loyalty can be bought by whoever hands out the most welfare gibsmedats.
HMMMM...I;m kinda likin that nation of whores thing...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Always been a dodge fan.
well if history has told us anything..The Italians influence on cars and food..is legendary...if the Brits or anybody else buys FCA..were done...try and get a good meal in England

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
So, you are facing the upcoming choice of buying a "fuereduh by riceuh" Other family car or something that Dodge makes that could do the same, but with far more SEXAH.

Buy Mexican and Canadian (and Italian for that matter) , and more specifically, buy MoPar!
Fixed that for you.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Always been a dodge fan.
Same. Just not exclusive. That's limiting. 🍻🇺🇸

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Nothing is full on American anymore. I guess we are just stuck with built in US/Canada now. Many foreign brands are building in America now and with American parts. So you are often supporting American workers. It’s gotten way complicated now. I like current Dodge and the Hellcat. I bought mine new in 2016 along with a new Chevy Silverado 1500 which I thought was the best truck at the time. If I were buying a truck now it would be a Ram. I just buy what I like at the time. I do wish they would call them Dodge Trucks however with Ram secondary. I do prefer to buy American brands overall. I wish Chrysler were American owned however. I do have to give the Italians credit however for giving SRT free reign. That’s admirable.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macedon
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Italian owned, Assembled in Canada from Mexican engines, German transmissions - Maybe? A lot of parts and assemblies from all over the globe. I really don’t know what’s more “American”, my Dodge, or a Honda from Kentucky, or Georgia, or wherever they’re assembled. Where does the profit of an auto manufacturer go? Some of it ends up with the shareholders, but it seems there are very few true “American” cars left.
Of the 8 cars I bought new and countless used, I’ve only had 2 that I considered “foreign”. The more I think about it, I guess everything is somewhat “foreign”.