Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Time to open your wallet more than before Gas is getting expensive!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Oil is trading at a new high being the world economies are coming back. And OPEC is strategizing to get back record profits due to the losses the Pandemic incurred to them. And the fixation on alternative energy is shifting the future oil exploration as well. Many big oil companies are now devoting more money and time to future energy over current energy. Which only means a tighter supply is playing out as the world changes direction from oil.

Oil Price Hits Pandemic High as Investors Bet on Green Energy
Some investors are wagering that Wall Street’s preference for green energy will depress spending on oil extraction, setting the stage for supply shortages and higher fuel prices.

The bets come as money managers line up trillions of dollars for wind, solar and other renewable programs and expenditures on oil projects tumble. The drop in fossil-fuel spending is becoming so severe that energy companies could struggle to quench the world’s thirst for oil, some analysts say.

Crude is still expected to remain in high demand over the next decade to make transportation fuels and petrochemicals used for plastics and other household products. U.S. consumption has surged lately following the worst of the coronavirus pandemic, and output cuts by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries have given prices a further boost.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Great! $5/gallon here we come😡

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
All the essentials are now more just a year later from the pandemic. The continued higher costs to live will slowly drive the economy to the opposite and yeh no duh it wont happen tomorrow. But the top of the mountain ride is here and now it will be coast down the mountain which then means you're at the bottom and have to start riding back up.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
Great! $5/gallon here we come😡
We've been paying $5 a gallon for awhile. I even payed $1.51 a liter, ($6 a gallon), for diesel just last week when I went on a 4000km round trip up north-regular gas was at $1.56 a liter.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
While I'd rather gas were cheaper, I guess I should thank dementia Joe for the increased value of my big oil stocks. Weird how the oil companies don't seem to give the environmental wackadoos much resistance. They seem to like the effect on the price of crude...

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
While I'd rather gas were cheaper, I guess I should thank dementia Joe for the increased value of my big oil stocks. Weird how the oil companies don't seem to give the environmental wackadoos much resistance. They seem to like the effect on the price of crude...
LOL Always blaming the Government for everything when it is mostly the Corporation's and Share Holders that are to blame because they want to make big money on their stocks.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
LOL Always blaming the Government for everything when it is mostly the Corporation's and Share Holders that are to blame because they want to make big money on their stocks.
It's supply and demand. Government shutting down pipelines, restricting new and in some cases (existing permits) and also (here in California extra pump taxes) artificially adds to the cost of fuel. Free market isn't creating these additional barriers.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
And big oil is being sued big time over environmental impact which uh huh who will pay for that lawsuit? Yeh the guy who uses the oil to drain his bank account😳.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
It's supply and demand. Government shutting down pipelines, restricting new and in some cases (existing permits) and also (here in California extra pump taxes) artificially adds to the cost of fuel. Free market isn't creating these additional barriers.
LOL Supply and demand is just part of the cost, the other major problem is the greed of the Corporations and share holders. But you go ahead and believe what you want, since you want to look at only one part of the problem. There are always more to things then what you are made or told to believe.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
And big oil is being sued big time over environmental impact which uh huh who will pay for that lawsuit? Yeh the guy who uses the oil to drain his bank account😳.
Which is a drop in the bucket for them, and yes they will get it back from all of us sheep, because they still want to pay the share holders and themselves a good dividend.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
LOL Supply and demand is just part of the cost, the other major problem is the greed of the Corporations and share holders. But you go ahead and believe what you want, since you want to look at only one part of the problem. There are always more to things then what you are made or told to believe.
Other than OPEC attempting to restrict supply to keep oil prices higher...how does big oil control oil prices? Never said those factors where 100% part of the input price. I've have read plenty of balance sheets and have clients in the business. Their margins aren't that exciting...compare their gross profit margins over a 10 year period vs. Google/Apple and get back to me. March 31, 2021 Gross Profit Margin for Google and Exxon...Google = 32.41% and ExxonMobil = 20.65%. Guess you have a new enemy now.

Last edited:

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Other than OPEC attempting to restrict supply to keep oil proces higher...how does big oil control oil prices? Never said those factors where 100% part of the input price. I've have read plenty of balance sheets and have clients in the business. Their margins aren't that exciting...compare their gross profit margins over a 10 year period vs. Google/Apple and get back to me. March 31, 2021 Gross Profit Margin for Google and Exxon...Google = 32.41% and ExxonMobil = 20.65%. Guess you have a new enemy now.
Their margins may not look very exciting but do you even realize how many share holders actually exist. When you look at that it is no wonder we pay high prices on so many products. It all adds up to big profits. They even force the demand by restricting production.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
It’s an AGENDA to get rid of Oil and reward the Greenies.
Ass
Green
Energy
National
Deal
Aholes

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Their margins may not look very exciting but do you even realize how many share holders actually exist. When you look at that it is no wonder we pay high prices on so many products.
With that logic...how do you explain Apple and Google? They have less share holders? That is nonsense. You hate big oil...no problem.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
With that logic...how do you explain Apple and Google? They have less share holders? That is nonsense. You hate big oil...no problem.
Oranges and Apples. LOL
Yeah, like you know how many share holders they have.
I see you just go by what they tell you. lol
I hate more then big oil, I hate all big corporations.
They are the true controllers of our lives and most of us are too stupid too see it and blame others for the real problem.
The corporations are the blame for everything going overseas because they can get their product made cheaper then here with our labor costs and have bigger profits by not bring the prices down after the savings.
Instead they charge you the same price and make a killing.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oranges and Apples. LOL
Yeah, like you know how many share holders they have.
I see you just go by what they tell you. lol
I hate more then big oil, I hate all big corporations.
They are the true controllers of our lives and most of us are too stupid too see it and blame others for the real problem.
The corporations are the blame for everything going overseas because they can get their product made cheaper then here with our labor costs and have bigger profits by not bring the prices down after the savings.
Instead they charge you the same price and make a killing.
Apple total share outstanding: 16.69B

ExxonMobil total shares Outs: 4.234B

Just lead with you hate all Corporations. Much better argument. I actually agree the Mega Corporations sway a lot of Government policies that aren't in the best interest of the people. That is called crony capitalism which is alive and well in the U.S.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Anyway, enough wasting my time on this subject, I have better things to do and enjoy like work on my car, lol.
Have a good one.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Anyway, enough wasting my time on this subject, I have better things to do and enjoy like work on my car, lol.
Have a good one.
I agree. I respect your opinion and have similar disdain. Enjoy the day and I appreciate the discussion.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
We've been paying $5 a gallon for awhile. I even payed $1.51 a liter, ($6 a gallon), for diesel just last week when I went on a 4000km round trip up north-regular gas was at $1.56 a liter.
Damn! That sucks. 93 here yesterday was about $3.80. Guess I shouldn’t complain too much.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
It’s an AGENDA to get rid of Oil and reward the Greenies.
Ass
Green
Energy
National
Deal
Aholes
I prefer to call them fucktarts!