Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Thinking about switching to a HC...

Cur

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 2LT Stingray Corvette
Hi folks, new guy here.

I currently daily drive a 2016 2LT Stingray, but lately, I've been getting the itch to move to something more livable for my 3 season daily driver. Having a trunk, rear seats, and a bigger cockpit sound pretty great to me, and to Wifey. We aren't big fatties, but the C7 ****pit is a bit cramped. We're also quickly approaching 50, and I hurt my back (and knee) in the Navy, so getting in and out can be kind of a pain in the ass. Plus, if we want to take the dogs with us, we can't really take the C7 (2 bullmastiffs... 120+lbs each)

I grew up on muscle, and love the rumble of a V8, and love the retro styling of the Challengers. Wife and I have no kids, 2 dogs I'm not a racer per se, other than gassing it hard merging on to the free way, and the occasional light to light romp for shit and giggles. I'll never take it to the drag or track.

There's a '15 Challenger HC near me, with 25k miles on it (link below)

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/690243450/overview/

I know it's getting near it's factory warranty, and I'd probably be inclined to get an extended for it, being a first year run with that powertrain.

There's also a SRT 392 near me too, and I'll probably look at that, too. Not sure I *need* 700HP, but hell, I didn't need a Corvette either

My questions are these for you knowledgeable folks:
Is there anything that looks 'bad' or 'unwise' for this HC?
I'm not scared off by the mileage... as I put 13k on my C7 in the first year I had it. Would that mileage bother any of you guys that have lived with your HCs?

Thanks guys, looking forward to hopefully joining the club!

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I too have a 2015 with close to 14k miles and so far no issues. I'd definitely consider getting the extended warranty esp if you are buy used.

HellcatMike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Go for it, you won't regret it.

John G.

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
How was it maintained? Make sure he has good documentation.

LonestarHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I agree with @John G, make sure you get good maintenance records. Shoudn't be a problem since the dealer that is listing the car is a Dodge dealer.