Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The right choice?

Fossil

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Coventry
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
To folks who drag race, what would be a more logical choice for a drag slick or drag radial? A 18" wheel with 12" tire or a 17" wheel with a 11" tire. I'm torn between the tire surface being better served by width or by the sidewall being able to "wrinkle" for traction. Thanks for your time.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
stock or modified? Myself I like a 17" wheel. There have been modified Hellcats running mid 9's on a 305/45 for sure and maybe even faster

OP
F

Fossil

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Coventry
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Thread Starter #3
stock or modified? Myself I like a 17" wheel. There have been modified Hellcats running mid 9's on a 305/45 for sure and maybe even faster
Stock.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
there is a thread on the redeye's in the drag racing section. I'm sure those guys could tell you what is working for them

DMNkilr

Founding Member
Premium Account
Doctor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
I like the17" wheel tire choices as well. I went the fenderwell modification route and have had great luck with the 315 50R17 on an 11" wide rim. Not as wide as the 15" conversion drag radials and not as much sidewall, but they didn't require as much modification as well. I briefly had a set of 18X10" rims and the 305 40R street R but never gave them a fair trial.