Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The new e vapor canister recall

Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat
I’ve read several post on this site about the new recall and am more confused about this recall than I was before . Is the carbon canister defective on our car or just not doing the job it should be after the let us borrow your Hellcat for a study that happened awhile back ! My question is will it negatively effective my Hellcat if I don’t replace it or not ?

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I could be wrong, but I thought it was just Canadian cars that were affected by recall.

OP
Big City AL
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I could be wrong, but I thought it was just Canadian cars that were affected by recall.
I’ve received a recall notice for mine in the mail 2015 challenger Hellcat and talked to the dealership and they said they can’t get their hands on the part yet !

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
My personal opinion...leave it like it is. It's made it almost 5 yrs, why worry now? You don't have emission testing in Tn that I know of.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Dealership ordered my part yesterday. Will install Friday. It’s not just Canadian cars.

OP
Big City AL
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nashville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
My personal opinion...leave it like it is. It's made it almost 5 yrs, why worry now? You don't have emission testing in Tn that I know of.
I live in one of the counties in TN that still have emissions testing and my HC has passed it every time . I think after they tested some of the HC they found that some of the carbon canisters weren’t working as they should be and they decided to change them all out . So I’m on the fence as to whether I should have it replaced ! I don’t like to fix what’s not broken .

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Im in NY and have always passed in my ‘15. Im not going to bother unless I fail.