Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Best Vipers You Can Buy Today

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
RainX are the best imo.. wait

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Owned an 03. Shouldn't have sold it. One I really wish I would have purchased was one of the special Stryker colored Vipers. They had a red, orange, green and purple color that was a $10k upcharge for the paint I believe. They are definitely rare now and the paint jobs were well worth the money in terms of beauty and exclusivity.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Owned an 03. Shouldn't have sold it. One I really wish I would have purchased was one of the special Stryker colored Vipers. They had a red, orange, green and purple color that was a $10k upcharge for the paint I believe. They are definitely rare now and the paint jobs were well worth the money in terms of beauty and exclusivity.
Still got my 97 blue GTS...and my 06 red RT/10,,,11k...and 5K respectively.....never gonna sell em...

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Good move. That 97 GTS is one of my favs. The styling of the Gen 2 is exceptional. Funny, spoke to the guy that bought my 03 back in 2016. Asked him if he still had it and he said he had just sold it this past fall and that it still looked in showroom condition. It had 10k on it when I sold it to him. Reason he sold it was that he got a ticket for 110 in a 50 zone and it shook him up a bit I guess. The only two cars that I really regret not owning was a Stryker ACR and the Ford GT. In 07, you could get a Ford GT (including the Heritage edition) for about $100k. Not anymore...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Good move. That 97 GTS is one of my favs. The styling of the Gen 2 is exceptional. Funny, spoke to the guy that bought my 03 back in 2016. Asked him if he still had it and he said he had just sold it this past fall and that it still looked in showroom condition. It had 10k on it when I sold it to him. Reason he sold it was that he got a ticket for 110 in a 50 zone and it shook him up a bit I guess. The only two cars that I really regret not owning was a Stryker ACR and the Ford GT. In 07, you could get a Ford GT (including the Heritage edition) for about $100k. Not anymore...
I let a heavily discounted new 06 GT get away...18 g's off sticker...I let a friend of mine talk me outta it...he said a year from now yer gonna be able to pick them up for 85g;s...:mad::mad:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ok, I love my Demon and all Hellcats but my eyes light up just as brightly when we swap over to ViperLand...

Here's a hen's tooth Viper I was chasing for over a decade and a half. I finally got it in late 2021. It's one of 100 VOI-9 Stone White Blue-Striped Vipers built in 2006. The only year you could get a Gen-3 coupe. Making this car even crazier, it is only 1 of 9 "Arrow" Vipers ever made. These variants have somewhere between 650-700 HP after mods (that were made before delivery to the original owner). Keep in mind Gen 5 Vipers (built through 2017) had an advertised HP rating of 645.

That last bit about before delivery is important. To the best of my knowledge, these nine special Vipers are the only ones to (ever) get performance/HP upgrades prior to original customer delivery. Dodge partnered with Arrow to build these cars for another 12K on top of the MSRP (see document below).

The VOI.9s are interesting since they were at the very end of the 2006 MY and ended the Gen 3 run. Due to production issues (and a lack of sales), Dodge decided to build zero Vipers in 2007 as they prepped for the 1st Gen 4 run in 2008. In order to juice up final sales for Gen 3, Dodge offered two optional packages only available for the VOI.9. The first VOI9 option was a giant Aero wing. A company named Prefix built 16 such cars. They are fully documented with all Vin's known. A second (less visible but more potent) option was the Mopar Performance Option. An option provided by a company called Arrow that Dodge had partnered with. This option was highly unusual in that the original owner (not Dodge or the dealership) directly paid Arrow for these modifications while the car was still being built at the foundry. These 9 special cars got a hotter cam, Belanger headers, full exhaust, valves and springs, swing arm pick-up, and a modified ECU. Dodge pulled the engine, shipped it to Arrow who reworked it, and then it was sent back to Dodge for re-install, then finally shipped to the purchasing Dealership. Basically, the Arrow VOI.9s had a Comp Coupe engine in an SRT-10.

I have all the documentation from the original owner. It was under MSO through 2019 and only has 3200 miles today. It sounds and pulls better/harder than any Viper (any Gen) I've heard or driven. I had forgotten just how much I miss a manual HP car. In short, I am in love with this car. As such, I thought I would share. But no, contrary to David's title, you can't actually buy this one! :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Ok, I love my Demon and all Hellcats but my eyes light up just as brightly when we swap over to ViperLand...

Here's a hen's tooth Viper I was chasing for over a decade and a half. I finally got it in late 2021. It's one of 100 VOI-9 Stone White Blue-Striped Vipers built in 2006. The only year you could get a Gen-3 coupe. Making this car even crazier, it is only 1 of 9 "Arrow" Vipers ever made. These variants have somewhere between 650-700 HP after mods (that were made before delivery to the original owner). Keep in mind Gen 5 Vipers (built through 2017) had an advertised HP rating of 645.

That last bit about before delivery is important. To the best of my knowledge, these nine special Vipers are the only ones to (ever) get performance/HP upgrades prior to original customer delivery. Dodge partnered with Arrow to build these cars for another 12K on top of the MSRP (see document below).

The VOI.9s are interesting since they were at the very end of the 2006 MY and ended the Gen 3 run. Due to production issues (and a lack of sales), Dodge decided to build zero Vipers in 2007 as they prepped for the 1st Gen 4 run in 2008. In order to juice up final sales for Gen 3, Dodge offered two optional packages only available for the VOI.9. The first VOI9 option was a giant Aero wing. A company named Prefix built 16 such cars. They are fully documented with all Vin's known. A second (less visible but more potent) option was the Mopar Performance Option. An option provided by a company called Arrow that Dodge had partnered with. This option was highly unusual in that the original owner (not Dodge or the dealership) directly paid Arrow for these modifications while the car was still being built at the foundry. These 9 special cars got a hotter cam, Belanger headers, full exhaust, valves and springs, swing arm pick-up, and a modified ECU. Dodge pulled the engine, shipped it to Arrow who reworked it, and then it was sent back to Dodge for re-install, then finally shipped to the purchasing Dealership. Basically, the Arrow VOI.9s had a Comp Coupe engine in an SRT-10.

I have all the documentation from the original owner. It was under MSO through 2019 and only has 3200 miles today. It sounds and pulls better/harder than any Viper (any Gen) I've heard or driven. I had forgotten just how much I miss a manual HP car. In short, I am in love with this car. As such, I thought I would share. But no, contrary to David's title, you can't actually buy this one! :)

View attachment 96747 View attachment 96748 View attachment 96749 View attachment 96750 View attachment 96751
Wow is all I can say. 🤩🤩🤩

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Watching my lottery ticket closer this evening.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Watching my lottery ticket closer this evening.
Me too, first buy is an acr 😁

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Me too, first buy is an acr 😁
Then a new Z06, then go out and see which can lap better. Fuck the rest of them, see if they can keep up. A few might but not many.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
I let a heavily discounted new 06 GT get away...18 g's off sticker...I let a friend of mine talk me outta it...he said a year from now yer gonna be able to pick them up for 85g;s...:mad::mad:
Wow, just Wow. In my case, I was deciding if the cost variance between the 03 Viper I was considering (used with 661 miles on it) vs. the GT was worth it. I could have afforded either (but not both) but someone swayed me not to. Should have went with my gut instinct. I guess either way I was fortunate though considering that I started out with a 66 Ford Fairlane with rusted quarter panels when I was 16:). Grateful to have what I have and be in good health.