Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tesla's?

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Had about 3 or 4 Tesla's wanting to race as of lately, with the most recent one being a Model X, 75D I think, with a dude driving with a woman and two kids in the back. I backed off because dude was driving rather recklessly, weaving in an out of traffic to bait me I'm assuming.

Any of you guys have this happen to you?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Never a Tesla but more than a few Subies with the fugly superbee looking spoilers. Damn those cars are ugly...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
One was in front of me Saturday. An "S". Had to watch him nail it at the intersection, when it turned green, because it was silent. If I would have set chase in a RE, it would have attracted way too much attention. I am glad I kept the RE civil, it was very near our "downtown" area where some LEO could have been anywhere near. I don't want any of the local Sheriff deputies to see this one misbehaving.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I've had a few.. Look forward to a few more!

Plasticman

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Opelika
State
AL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger HC
Yep, happened to me when I had two of my grand-daughters in the car. I laughed, they didn't have a clue.

Rob

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Had one a couple of years ago at a red light onto highway ramp. Two lanes narrow to one so someone has to back off. I did when I saw cop car guarding work Crew right after ramp ended. Moron kept in it longer and had to slam on brakes. He had advantage because he was silent. Just glad I had better awareness.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Yep...roaring exhaust is a double edged sword...no stealth mode for occasional (ok...all the time) hard acceleration. LEO attention getter for sure.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I've ran across many Tesla's and never had one attempt to do anything. I drove home from work today next to a Model S with a younger guy driving and he wouldn't do anything at all. Every one I've run across drive them like they're a Prius.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
No way I'm street racing anybody. I carry a $1950 commercial policy for my work van. Can't imagine getting nailed for street racing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
No way I'm street racing anybody. I carry a $1950 commercial policy for my work van. Can't imagine getting nailed for street racing.
Totally irresponsible here...Sat afternoon on union near Southgate Plaza...went at it with a very Healthy WS 6...I was probably 3 times his age...LOL

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Totally irresponsible here...Sat afternoon on union near Southgate Plaza...went at it with a very Healthy WS 6...I was probably 3 times his age...LOL
I think I heard you. I live right behind the advance auto at union and seneca. Lol.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
In my industry they ask about any misdemeanors and or felonies when I renew my licenses...so street racing charge would not be a good thing and could disrupt my livelihood. Track for me if I get the ich. I daily mine and have fun but never will get caught racing on public roads.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I think I heard you. I live right behind the advance auto at union and seneca. Lol.
LOL...kinda figured you would get the reference

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
"Racing"

Such a subjective word... :unsure:

Seems like one LEOs interpretation of racing is another's interpretation of cleaning out the carbon.

That's still a thing, right? Cleaning out the carbon?

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
"Racing"

Such a subjective word... :unsure:

Seems like one LEOs interpretation of racing is another's interpretation of cleaning out the carbon.

That's still a thing, right? Cleaning out the carbon?
No carbon with E85. :p

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Oh the Tesla owners and the truth is they want to race us ICE age lovers so they can hear some real noise. I mean how boring can it be listening to the electric motors whirling???? When they race us Hellcats they actually are secretly saying Damn that thing sounds bad ass and thank you for giving me life lol. And yes I have run them and I wouldn’t say race since typically they come up behind me and I just nail it and sure initially they hang but then by by.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Oh the Tesla owners and the truth is they want to race us ICE age lovers so they can hear some real noise. I mean how boring can it be listening to the electric motors whirling???? When they race us Hellcats they actually are secretly saying Damn that thing sounds bad ass and thank you for giving me life lol. And yes I have run them and I wouldn’t say race since typically they come up behind me and I just nail it and sure initially they hang but then by by.
Talk about noise....I rode an electric motorcycle...that is just so totally weird...it was fast..looked kinda cool,,but I felt like I was deaf...no thanks...

HEI1CAT

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. Cloud
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
There was a Tesla at the Ocala 1/2 mile event. I don't know what it ran, but that thing came out of the hole like a beast! Just a sneaky quiet one.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
There was a Tesla at the Ocala 1/2 mile event. I don't know what it ran, but that thing came out of the hole like a beast! Just a sneaky quiet one.
They are very fast off the line. Instant power from the electric motors to all 4 wheels. If you dont have DRs you'll be playing catch up.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
They are quick for sure...but soulless and utilitarian. The Hellcat makes one feel alive more than any other car I've owned...hope options like the HC continue to exist into the future.