Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis fires hundreds of engineers

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
A lot of their jobs will simply be replaced by overseas contractors. A lot of IT nowadays is that way contractors making up majority of a companies IT workforce.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
A lot of their jobs will simply be replaced by overseas contractors. A lot of IT nowadays is that way contractors making up majority of a companies IT workforce.
1 of the large Auto companies I deal with is having issues with office workers going back to the office after Covid
They say they can do their jobs from home & there is no need for them to go into the office
I always tell the ones I deal with if you can work from home someone in China / India can do your job for 10 percent of what you cost so be careful !!!
&
Gone !!!

People like to say they are more productive at home
What I have seen in the past 3 years is just the opposite
Sometimes to the point of aggravating

Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 challenger hellcat jb-23 Chrysler 300c
After workin my deal for my truck the dealer..(the owner)..Launched into a tirade about Stellantis..he echoed the same sentiment about them Ram and Jeep..and the difficulties operating under Stellantis...from changing programs with little or no notice..almost little or no communication..total frustration..and Stellantis reluctance to work with Chrysler Capital to stimulate the lease segment...He couldn't even tell me if Chrysler Capital was controlled by Stellantis...he suspected not...dealt with him for some 30 plus years..never heard him talk like that...:(:(
I’ve purchased several extended warranty’s through Chrysler Capital (interest free)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I’ve purchased several extended warranty’s through Chrysler Capital (interest free)
I lease em till the warranty is over...then give em back...

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
None of it matters. Once EV's are mandated the U.S automakers will not be able to compete. If you think the Asian competition hurt the U.S back in the 70's, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

China is going to clean everyone's clock! They positioned themselves to corner the market, and Brandon has mandated the market!

https://www.the-sun.com/motors/10920995/xiaomi-su7-ev-smartphone-tesla-porsche/

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
1 of the large Auto companies I deal with is having issues with office workers going back to the office after Covid
They say they can do their jobs from home & there is no need for them to go into the office
I always tell the ones I deal with if you can work from home someone in China / India can do your job for 10 percent of what you cost so be careful !!!
&
Gone !!!

People like to say they are more productive at home
What I have seen in the past 3 years is just the opposite
Sometimes to the point of aggravating
Even before Covid it was happening. I've been involved with dozens of IT companies being a consultant and there were entire departments of only Indian workers with Americans being the supervisor. And I've worked across a lot of industries managing various companies mailboxes. I still remember this gem from 2016

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-replaced-Indian-staff-visas-suit-says.html

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Even before Covid it was happening. I've been involved with dozens of IT companies being a consultant and there were entire departments of only Indian workers with Americans being the supervisor. And I've worked across a lot of industries managing various companies mailboxes. I still remember this gem from 2016

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-replaced-Indian-staff-visas-suit-says.html
Definitely
Last week we tried to contact Union Gas about our gas bill
The week before our phone provider

After waiting on hold for 45 minutes some call center halfway around the planet picked up
English was just not happening

Credit cards
Fed Ex
Banks
You name it

Member ID
Reactions
City
Plymouth
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
A good friend with over 30 years experience is an engineer at Stellantis. Survived the first round of cuts but isn't thinking he's gonna be there much longer. He said it's grim there and many good employees are gone. That company is a shit show and it's only going to get worse, not better.
Dodge an Chrysler will be eventually phased out and Jeep and Ram will be sold off is my guess.
Fuck Stellantis.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
Yeah, the stabbing batards did the American workers in. That's exactly why I'm done with them.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Yeah, the stabbing batards did the American workers in. That's exactly why I'm done with them.
So if they didn't do the back stabbing, you'd buy a Hornet and/or Charger EV! :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe any of us chose this divorce. We were abandoned.

The Chicoms made some very good investments in the U.S in the last decade, that few million will get them billions.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
So if they didn't do the back stabbing, you'd buy a Hornet and/or Charger EV! :ROFLMAO:

I don't believe any of us chose this divorce. We were abandoned.

The Chicoms made some very good investments in the U.S in the last decade, that few million will get them billions.
No I'm done with them over a list of crap. I have 50 years of cars to pick from. I'm good and you would buy an ev long before I would you could Cruz it up to the Portsmouth naval yard gat to go cruise the old brig.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
No I'm done with them over a list of crap. I have 50 years of cars to pick from. I'm good and you would buy an ev long before I would you could Cruz it up to the Portsmouth naval yard gat to go cruise the old brig.
Portsmouth is swarming with EV's, it turned into a woke town.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Portsmouth is swarming with EV's, it turned into a woke town.
New Hampshire is New England's last stand. My brother wants to move there after retirement in August.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
New Hampshire is New England's last stand. My brother wants to move there after retirement in August.
Too late, we are all blue except for the RIHNO gov. Even though he is out of touch with his party, he has vetoed a couple bad bills, so, as bad as he is, he is much better than the alternative. Nebraska is looking good! :)