Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Start Stop Ignition Replacement

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
OK so here is the deal. I have a scat pack, and I really wish the start / stop button was Red like the hellcats. It think that looks really nice. I am thinking about swapping it out with the hellcat switch, or just getting a different button to reassemble my existing switch with, like this option which is really cool....I love the Scat Pack logo on there kind of neat...

https://5spurs.com/store/usa/B-29-Superfortress-Bomber-Button-p120237882

I am really reluctant to take my dash apart to get to the thing though for removal. Is there any other way to remove that item? Could you not possibly get it from underneath the dash? There has to be another way, I would rather not disturb that dash trim piece....

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #2
One other thought, maybe 3 feeler gauges from the front could depress the tabs that hold it in place and allow you to remove it independently of the dash panel......Hmmm

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
One other thought, maybe 3 feeler gauges from the front could depress the tabs that hold it in place and allow you to remove it independently of the dash panel......Hmmm
I don't know, that switch body has large lips on it that hold it from the front and those look to be buried behind the dash trim panel. The trim panel should pull off pretty easy with some of those plastic trim tools. Then you have to completely dismantle the switch assembly just to change that button face. The instructional video is pretty straight forward, but I don't see how you'll get the switch body past that trim panel. If you find a way, please let us know.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #4
I don't know, that switch body has large lips on it that hold it from the front and those look to be buried behind the dash trim panel. The trim panel should pull off pretty easy with some of those plastic trim tools. Then you have to completely dismantle the switch assembly just to change that button face. The instructional video is pretty straight forward, but I don't see how you'll get the switch body past that trim panel. If you find a way, please let us know.
If you purchase a whole new start / stop button (so I can get the hellcat one instead of the scatpack one) does anyone know if it comes with that silver trim ring that snaps on the front, that goes around the outside?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Check out this video...shouod tell you everything you need to know. And much to my surprise, it will come out the front.

OP
SNeal5966

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Thread Starter #6
So I ended up doing this. Bought the red hellcat button from Summit, trim ring also which is cheap and also in summit. I kept the black for a spare and if the red one ever fails I will disassemble and put the red button cover into my original assembly. The little trim ring that snaps on is only a few bucks and is also worth grabbing since it is somewhat fragile. IMG_20200312_191039.jpg IMG_20200312_194029.jpg