Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Somewhat sending it cause curse words hurt their feels! Live updates on the carnage.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
RIP diff, you will be missed. Based on the fluid Im either guessing the axle broke or the diff shattered the seal. Place your bets below on what it is. Ill post a teardown around 3PM today. Under the car doing an autopsy as I type this. Also, am I fast now?

12E5E915-2688-4DC8-A162-520A9BEB6FD0.jpeg 95F34ECE-533A-40C4-9D92-541E736E1931.jpeg B41B78EF-0B12-4D9F-A04C-B37BB0781FBC.jpeg A535A0B4-4A9E-4070-8DEE-86481DA6B0C5.jpeg 336D68BA-3F33-4F27-BBAC-E63523597B6F.jpeg

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Things can happen when you send it

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
My bet - broken axle. You were able to get it home?

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Broken seal on the pinion

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
My bet - broken axle. You were able to get it home?
Yes, exhibited symptoms of crunchyness when making left or right, when making a right into my garage it went boom... Gonna look for the ring footage now.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Wheel hop? Is that the best diff brace known to mankind. 🫣

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
@Hatermkr or anyone, does zf publish a manual on tear down?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
seems to me trying to get ZF parts or tech data is about as difficult as getting a Demon 170 :mad:

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Wheel hop? Is that the best diff brace known to mankind. 🫣

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
No wheel hop, in the newest videos you can see just good solid launches.

seems to me trying to get ZF parts or tech data is about as difficult as getting a Demon 170 :mad:
I'm doing the internet searches, I'm still searching I'll let you know if anything is found.

The carnage and some races:

The car was absolutely dialed in for 9.5 index racing and I was hoping to make a killing season opener at the MSHS in the Roc. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and I have been working our assess off to get the car to be consistent. Him doing the magic on the tune side and me doing the mechanical aspect.

Seems the axle is in there good, the splines are twisted. It is Sunday, I don't want to work on the car so it will sit. Just sitting here myself before my morning coffee and thinking about how disappointed I am in the GForce axles. These are supposed to be the Billy Badass of axles but yet they can't even hold up for my car. It also has me borderline depressed cause I already took all my vacation this year and spent it on MSHS events, planned hotel booking and travel, made sure I had a dog sitter, etc.. and here I am looking at another 2-3k for a diff and replacement axles.

And it couldn't have happened at a worse time as I just dropped a sizeable chunk of money on the car, to the tune of ~20k for something very big that I don't want to reveal yet but will be discussed soon. Just all around shitty end to the weekend. But hey that's racing. Do me a favor, like, share subscribe. Need that Youtube money before I start an OF for the cougars/snow leopards that need a strapping young pool boy... 😂

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's a 🤣 and a 😭.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

I'm doing the internet searches, I'm still searching I'll let you know if anything is found.

The car was absolutely dialed in for 9.5 index racing and I was hoping to make a killing season opener at the MSHS in the Roc. @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC and I have been working our assess off to get the car to be consistent. Him doing the magic on the tune side and me doing the mechanical aspect.

Seems the axle is in there good, the splines are twisted. It is Sunday, I don't want to work on the car so it will sit. Just sitting here myself before my morning coffee and thinking about how disappointed I am in the GForce axles. These are supposed to be the Billy Badass of axles but yet they can't even hold up for my car. It also has me borderline depressed cause I already took all my vacation this year and spent it on MSHS events, planned hotel booking and travel, made sure I had a dog sitter, etc.. and here I am looking at another 2-3k for a diff and replacement axles.

And it couldn't have happened at a worse time as I just dropped a sizeable chunk of money on the car, to the tune of ~20k for something very big that I don't want to reveal yet but will be discussed soon. Just all around shitty end to the weekend. But hey that's racing. Do me a favor, like, share subscribe. Need that Youtube money before I start an OF for the cougars/snow leopards that need a strapping young pool boy... 😂
witch G force axle are you using?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I wood be pissed,,, on.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Just make sure you keep track of the shims

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Sorry you are having these issues. @jonx96 and I found it is next to impossible to pull the outlaw axles out by dropping the rear. The stock axles and renegades will come out that way but not the outlaws, there isn't enough give in them. We ended up damaging both boots and broke something inside of one Jon found out when he sent them back in for boot replacement

They must be using some soft alloy now since you and @Hatermkr both twisted the axles splines

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
witch G force axle are you using?
Outlaws
I wood be pissed,,, on.
Whatever floats your boat…
Just make sure you keep track of the shims
Shims? Da fuk?
Sorry you are having these issues. @jonx96 and I found it is next to impossible to pull the outlaw axles out by dropping the rear. The stock axles and renegades will come out that way but not the outlaws, there isn't enough give in them. We ended up damaging both boots and broke something inside of one Jon found out when he sent them back in for boot replacement

They must be using some soft alloy now since you and @Hatermkr both twisted the axles splines
Well this makes more sense now…
Nope. I have any part you need
If Gforce doesn’t pull through I may be buying your axles and diff to make the rock… 🥲

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Outlaws

Whatever floats your boat…

Shims? Da fuk?

Well this makes more sense now…

If Gforce doesn’t pull through I may be buying your axles and diff to make the rock… 🥲
They will not stand behind them. David S and my self got almost the identical letter, saying the same thing about both set an alarm at full charge is us almost the identical letter, saying the same thing about both sets of our axles charges 980 some dollars to fix them

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
They will not stand behind them. David S and my self got almost the identical letter, saying the same thing about both set an alarm at full charge is us almost the identical letter, saying the same thing about both sets of our axles charges 980 some dollars to fix them
Why even consider using them now? Probably cheap Chyna shit?

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Why even consider using them now? Probably cheap Chyna shit?
They are sitting in a box

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country