Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Since I can't find Red Calipers, going to try high lighting -

Designflaw

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sadieville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 WB M6 Cat
Well I have called 6 powder coat places around and they all want me to take the calipers apart and reassemble them. Since Brembo says don't take them apart I'm hung up. I was looking to swap or replace but the Red brings to much money while I have perfectly good black Brembo's lol. So, I am thinking of overlaying the "silver" Brembo with "red" decals. Question is, any one done this overlay? What size decals do I need to be sure a full overlay?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Have you looked into just having them painted?

Powder coating requires baking, which is why they want them taken apart. I have seen some very nice results from painted calipers but not sure how well they hold up in the long run.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Somebody posted these a while ago, not sure if it was here or the other site. Painted with a few layers of clear.

IMG_1214.JPG

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Just be super careful if you do try to paint them. One miss-spray and they're scream and squeal every day for the rest of their lives.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I once bought a set off Ebay for my Scat Pack Shaker. They looked very good in pictures but once I received them, the paint was in much worse shape than it appeared and it was obvious someone who didn't know what they were doing had removed them from the car.

Somehow the pistons were chipped (pieces of metal missing from them), like someone had wedged a screwdriver between the pistons and the pads to remove the caliper from the rotor. After seeing that, I questioned what else might be wrong with them and if there was any other damage to the pistons I could not see without tearing them apart. Ended up sending them back.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Just be super careful if you do try to paint them. One miss-spray and they're scream and squeal every day for the rest of their lives.
Maybe that’s why mine squeal hah.. only in the morning though when I first back out.. hmm 🤔 not sure just thought it was normal.. had mine done a burgundy wine color a while back.. couldn’t stand the black finish.. was very poor factory finish for black.. both cars I have/had with red look great

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe that’s why mine squeal hah.. only in the morning though when I first back out.. hmm 🤔 not sure just thought it was normal.. had mine done a burgundy wine color a while back.. couldn’t stand the black finish.. was very poor factory finish for black.. both cars I have/had with red look great
It's probably just your pads if you're still running the Brembos.

Never had a squeak with my Powerstops but they also didn't have the performance of the Brembo pads. If I do it again, I'm going to try some Stoptechs.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
Basically, just don't get any paint on the inside of the caliper, and especially none anywhere near the lube points. Chipped paint imbedded in the pad is one of the common sources of brake squeal.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
It's probably just your pads if you're still running the Brembos.

Never had a squeak with my Powerstops but they also didn't have the performance of the Brembo pads. If I do it again, I'm going to try some Stoptechs.
I’ve hard Powerstops on my Hellcat for 5 years with no issues and on my Redeye for 18 months with no issues so.....