Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

SADs track calendar

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
B2BC1C6F-89E3-4ECA-A1F7-ABD8F965FCB2.jpeg

So won’t be making all of these. But plan on as many as possible.
So won’t be making all of these. But plan on as many as possible.

Yellow represent - Hallett
Yellow/Green - Heartland Part KS

*TX to be added soon

Those with the pink sound them are already a bought/paid for.

The mid-week days are some of the best. Private days where we rent the whole track. Limited to 15-20 cars. 5 on track at a time.

I know we have a few people here able to travel. Feel free to speak up if you’d like to meet. I’ll get TX added soon.

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Add Texas, then let’s talk. Sounds like us old people may be able to get the shot sooner rather than later. Hell, not scared all year, give me a couple of shots and I may have the final license to load my trailer up and drive south to find some Petri dishes!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
Sad,

Both Hallett and Heartland track facilities look great. In particular Hallett looks really fun - and it says they run it both directions. Have you run it in both directions?

You are going to have a full season if you make half those dates. Do you drive the race car in your profile photo, or your Challenger, or something else? I've been reading a lot of your posts. You, Trackday and DGatzby have offered a lot of tips.

Best,

Finface

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Watching

OP
sad

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
Add Texas, then let’s talk. Sounds like us old people may be able to get the shot sooner rather than later. Hell, not scared all year, give me a couple of shots and I may have the final license to load my trailer up and drive south to find some Petri dishes!
Will get TX added soon. I went and checked tho, due to Extreme Experience, PCA is only getting the 1.7 mile track and not the 3.1. I’ll be chasing down agenda for the 3.1 and also ECR (Eagles Canyon Raceway).

Sad,

Both Hallett and Heartland track facilities look great. In particular Hallett looks really fun - and it says they run it both directions. Have you run it in both directions?

You are going to have a full season if you make half those dates. Do you drive the race car in your profile photo, or your Challenger, or something else? I've been reading a lot of your posts. You, Trackday and DGatzby have offered a lot of tips.

Best,

Finface
yup I’ve run Hallett both directions. Completely different each direction.

I sold my Challenger, but it’s been around these tracks many of times. These days I drive my Vette or the car in my profile pic (it’s an Ariel Atom). 99.99% of the time I trailer my vehicle to the track. Not necessary all the time, but peace of mind.

no way I’ll make all those dates. But it sure helps me plan to see all my options laid out in front of me. Especially for middle-aged-old-farts that still have to work.

will keep everyone posted.

OP
sad

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
A few TX days... btw... Cresson doesn’t have that many posted and most that are posted are for the 3.1 mile config. Not sure what’s going on with that. I can do some investigation. For the time being here are a few entries for Apex Driving Academy. I’ve used them in TX for HPDE events before... Quality organization.

I’ll get these added to the calendar above when I return to work.. I’m out today.. Going back to office Tomorrow/Thursday.

April 24 -> MSR Cresson on the 3.1
July 10 -> ECR
Aug 21 -> ECR
Sept 11 -> MSR Cresson on the 3.1

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
A few TX days... btw... Cresson doesn’t have that many posted and most that are posted are for the 3.1 mile config. Not sure what’s going on with that. I can do some investigation. For the time being here are a few entries for Apex Driving Academy. I’ve used them in TX for HPDE events before... Quality organization.

I’ll get these added to the calendar above when I return to work.. I’m out today.. Going back to office Tomorrow/Thursday.

April 24 -> MSR Cresson on the 3.1
July 10 -> ECR
Aug 21 -> ECR
Sept 11 -> MSR Cresson on the 3.1
Well that’s easy. If I am coming down it will be in April (or before). After that the snow should be gone along with the salt and the Chinese shit floating in the air too. Damn I better uncover that thing and get it detailed etc. Time is flying!

Finface

Member ID
Reactions
City
Morning View
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body

No doubt for many tracks there are engineering/cost/safety and corner overrun space restrictions, but my starting point if I were ever to build a race track would be to design it to run in both directions. Just in my limited experience at two tracks I can see the benefits - primarily driver interest. You can only be the hamster running one direction so long. Another would be, if you could run the opposite direction on the same weekend, more even wear of tires (and maybe other suspension components - DGatzby?).

will keep everyone posted.[/QUOTE]

Please do!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

No doubt for many tracks there are engineering/cost/safety and corner overrun space restrictions, but my starting point if I were ever to build a race track would be to design it to run in both directions. Just in my limited experience at two tracks I can see the benefits - primarily driver interest. You can only be the hamster running one direction so long. Another would be, if you could run the opposite direction on the same weekend, more even wear of tires (and maybe other suspension components - DGatzby?).

will keep everyone posted.
Please do![/QUOTE]
I would not worry about Hallett chewing your tires up too bad in either direction. Ha, watch the supercharger pulley, it took mine out! Actually, I would find it better to balance tire wear to reverse either on a day or on a weekend.

OP
sad

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States