Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

RWHP with this set up - prognosticate / hold forth

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
1. 2.85 pulley
2. tune / new PCM
3. injectors

What is your say on RWHP? What would you add or take away?

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Around 750rwhp give or take (depending on dynojet/mustang, weather, da, tuner, etc) on 93 pump.

Are you doing the 180 t-stat, new plugs, & pinning the crank?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I would definitely go with a litens decoupling pulley.

I am thinking of exactly the same setup for mine.

I plan on using demon injectors. I won't be pushing it any farther than that.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Drive shaft?

rdlsrt

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pearland
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If not planning on taking to track, do you really need a drive shaft or pinning the crank?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Not going to track my car. The 16s are supposed to have a better drive shaft than the 15s.

My son just talked to the president of Litens. He told him that the DS are too long to be one piece. There are 2 places that make a 2 piece shaft but they cost $3200. I'm not dropping that much coin.
I wonder if a redeye shaft would work?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
If not planning on taking to track, do you really need a drive shaft or pinning the crank?
Some say u must pin the crank. Others say not necessary.
My feeling is that most of the crank spinning issues were back when the metco pulley was being used. Now that litens has come out with smaller sized decoupling pulleys I don't feel it's imperative to pin your crank. I'm not going to pin mine.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I should mention that my son talked the president of Litens today and was told that litens is or has come out with a 3.17 pulley that was tested on a stock hellcat. It made 50 more hp and didn't require any other modifications. That's right no tune no injectors just pulley. According to litens pres. The factory pc/tune compensates enough to be safe.
So if your not into doing all the other stuff like tuning data logging this might be the route to take

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Screenshot_20190830-125752.png

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
Is that crank or at the wheel?

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I wondered that myself

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If you're not gonna track the car, why add more power?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Speedy! - More power on the street is just as much if not more fun. If power on the street wasn't fun, we would all have dedicated - unregistered - race cars. We wouldn't care about factory performance. That's a weird question... lol

My concern about Liten's claims is that if you're in -DA, you may run short on fuel running that pulley without a tune. I don't know, which is why I said "may" ... If people are seeing STK with stock boost stock tune, they'll see it on more boost stock tune - but the stock tune may not be able to compensate quickly enough to save you from trouble.
Also, going through the hassle of putting a pulley on - just do the tune, make more power, be happier :cool:

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
If you're not gonna track the car, why add more power?
I have that slow M6 with only 707...lol. What's better than too much...well, more sounds better!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm gonna have to disagree. 700 hp is plenty on the street. I don't know where you guys live, but I couldn't use all of the power my Hellcat had stock on the street. At the track I want all I can have. I came from a different time though when the best you could get was 425HP stock and we had to build motors, supercharge, etc just to get to 650 so my perspective might be different.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm gonna have to disagree. 700 hp is plenty on the street. I don't know where you guys live, but I couldn't use all of the power my Hellcat had stock on the street. At the track I want all I can have. I came from a different time though when the best you could get was 425HP stock and we had to build motors, supercharge, etc just to get to 650 so my perspective might be different.
Your perspective totally rational...just yankin ur chain a bit.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
True, I don't particularly plan to track the car (no tracks here makes that a problem) but I still find use for additional power, even on the street. Out here in the big empty there are places you can make your own psuedo-track (not as good as the real thing, but still allows some semi-quick competition in a safer venue than street racing). And as the kids get older and more time becomes available I would likely be more able to make the run to the nearest track.

Built up turbo set ups (I much prefer the factory set up if you go turbo, but that's me) and super charged engines (my personal preference from reliablity and less hassle perspectives) in the past, and of course, NA too, and I still prefer more power. lol, just my personal failing. Can I live with the car stock? Obviously. But if I decide to keep it, mods will be on the way. And even with no track, straight aways and on ramps will be just a tiny bit more fun, at least to me.

To Jack's point, I've been wondering myself about how well that new pulley offering will truely integrate without a tune. An interesting engineering problem. Especially if you have to operate in a comparatively high temp environment.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Out in TX the land of the flat I bet you can find some places to stretch her legs.

I'd have to run some calcs to see what's what on the pulley and no tune. The wide bands are designed to adjust fueling to maintain a certain lambda value, and this may be just under their limit. I'd get with some tuners who've tested it to find out for sure.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I'm gonna have to disagree. 700 hp is plenty on the street.
Unless you're lined up with a lighter, more powerful, car - on the street. We aren't pretending that street racing doesn't exist on this forum are we?
I could have used another 200hp in my last race...
Granted, after that run he left the bottom half of his motor on the road and it cost him $10k to prove that a turbo Camaro could make some power... but he proved it on the street, and I proved that 700hp wasn't near enough.

All good, some people keep it on the track for 10-11 seconds at a time, and I like that too.