Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Round 2...

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Held off as long as I could...6 mos seemed like an eternity. Lol

Finally decided to pop the cherry after several weeks of trying to learn more about the Redeye ECU issues, the low hp/tq numbers many are seeing on the dyno and if that's showing up at the track with ET's and trap speeds.

Been sitting on these for almost 3 months...2.85 Hellraiser/ID1050's/unlocked ECU from HPTuners/T-stat.

So far...hot, with no cool down, gained 113/138rw over stock on 93 pump. That's comparing stock hp/tq numbers made in the morning, without heatsoak or high IAT's. We'll do a pull in the morning to get a better apples to apple comparison then some street tuning. This damn thing gonna be a blast! :)

EDIT:
First round: Ceramic tint, rear lowering springs, Toyo R888r's, catch can, paint correction, PPF & CQuartz Pro.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm not following?

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #3

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
I guess we need round 1

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yeah....what he said ;)

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #6
LOL...forgot I'm on the "new improved" HC forum now. Posted 1st round awhile back on the "new unimproved" SRT forum. I'll edit first post.

Old age sux! :)

Last edited:

Mike Comp T/A #57

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Batavia
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
trying to figure out the Redeye ECU issues, the low hp/tq dyno numbers many are seeing and if that is showing up at the track with the RE's et/mph
Are you saying yours and some Redeyes are down on power and slower than normal on the track?

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #8
Are you saying yours and some Redeyes are down on power and slower than normal on the track?
What many are seeing are lower dyno numbers compared to what Demons and HC's dyno and the rwhp they're putting out for their advertised hp/tq. Especially after a few mods. Seems to be a TM issue with our RE's. At the track they seem to be showing some great times, running strong. Not 100% sure why but some are under the impression it's because the front tires being static on the dyno. If the wheel sensors are not seeing the front wheels moving, seems the dyno numbers don't add up to the advertised hp/tq. We're not sure exactly what mamma Dodge did in the ECU but something is bringing TM into play when tuning on a dyno. Maybe some of the more experienced tuners can chime in and help explain things a bit more. The numbers on the dyno IMO don't add up to the performance many are seeing at the track. Hard to imagine a 4450lb car making 640/600 on a dyno running mid 10's or better w/ tires only.

Last edited:
OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #9
Ok...she done. Tune is complete, drives like stock with a good bump in hp/tq. Had a chance to play a bit last night. 18psi around 5800 then bumps up to 19psi at around 6300. Damn it feels good. Pulls like a freight train. Not bad for a pump gas set up, hitting the mark I was shooting for with a conservative pump gas (93) tune. With the cooler weather finally showing up...looking forward to a few local GTG's and another private track rental in December (Quick30) at my home track (HRP) where the LoneStar Moparfest was held last weekend.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #10
What an amazing car! I've had several chances to stretch her legs over the past few weeks after the pulley/tune mods. Mexico runs have been an eye opener just how damn fast these things are with so few mods on good ole' pump gas.

Last night I ran a C7 Z06 with every possible bolt-on including a custom ground camshaft from a very reputable shop here in Houston. Car made 803rw on e85 which he was running last night. I knew with the weight/aero and rwhp it would be a feat to stay up with him at any speed.

The night before had an opportunity to run a full bolt-on/whipple 5.0 GT with a drag pack setup. Another very strong car right under 800rw.

To my surprise I pulled the Whipple Mustang, which I could only run close to until about 100 before the mods then he'd pull away. We ran from a slow 30 roll up to a 70 roll. Was able to pull away substantially where there were prob 4-5 cars between us at 160.

The C7 Z06 I could run side by side with until 130ish then he'd slowly start to pull away. At 180 there was probably 4-5 cars between us before shutting down.

What an amazing damn car! Not the fastest kid on the block but one helluva machine!

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Curious what kinda ignition advance and lambda (afr) you're seeing at wot? That's a lotta boost on 93. I'm sure it feels stout. Looking forward to track results.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #12
Curious what kinda ignition advance and lambda (afr) you're seeing at wot? That's a lotta boost on 93. I'm sure it feels stout. Looking forward to track results.
Not exactly sure where we ended up. I'll check with the tuner. It does feel good but I know he left it "safe" for 93. I know our AFR gauge is pretty accurate but didn't have it open during the runs. I'll find out later and let ya know.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #13
Ok Speedy got a bit more info...looks like its at 14 degrees @ WOT with a/f @ 11.2. From my understanding our cars run in closed loop so it corrects itself via factory wide band.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That's a spicy tune up. Yes, these cars are closed loop at WOT which makes fueling pretty simple to dial in. Just have to get the injector scaling correct.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #15
That's a spicy tune up. Yes, these cars are closed loop at WOT which makes fueling pretty simple to dial in. Just have to get the injector scaling correct.
Seems to be working great with zero hiccups...I am running the ID1050's as well so I'm not sure how the scaling is done with those compared to the stock inj.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Yep, if your dash reads 11.2 - 11.3 at WOT then you're golden.

If you wanna send me a data log I can take a peek at it.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #17
I'm not set up to data log anything Speedy...yeah I know...but I trust that it's ok. I may get into all the data logging stuff at a later date when I spend more time at the track but for now I'm just playing a bit on the street and enjoying the extra "sauce" without trying to set the world on fire. Been there done that with my last big build...'99 SS Camaro w/ Procharged 408 making 1100rw 13 years ago. Pretty much broke my desire to ever again build a killer street set up. That and old age. :)

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
LOL, I hear ya. Did a build myself and once you've been there done that.....

These cars are nice in that you can just do some pretty simple bolt ons and they're pretty potent. 9 second 1/4 mile cars you can drive to the grocery, never woulda thought that 10 years ago.

I'd get a friend or someone to data log your car just to be "sure". We "usually" (I put that in quotes you see) don't see 18psi on pump gas and if we do it's 10 degrees or less on the ignition advance. 14 is on up there and that's what I'd expect to see on a 2.85 pulley car making 14-15psi. Normally you pull 1 degree of timing or so per psi of boost to a point. Not saying there's anything wrong or trying to worry you, but I'd wanna know for sure it's good to go.

Put ChallengerFest on your event list for 2020. It's in Bowling Green, KY and will be in late April early May. It's a blast.

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Just now reading this thread. I wasn’t aware Redeyes were dynoing low? Mine Dynoed at close to 700whp and 695 TQ and that was with the dyno operator shutting down at 6200 rpm.

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #20
Does seem strange that some are reading low (mine only dyno'd 643/599) and some, I've seen recently, don't seem to be reading low at all.

After the mods we showed a gain of 113/138 (756/737). I was told it had to do with TM. I'm curious what some tuners are doing differently than others.

What are Demon owners seeing on average when dynoing stock vs pulley/tune? I'm sure we've got to be very similar if not identical.

The Redeye ECU's are different than Demon ECU's. If Demon ECU's are being used in the Redeye's that might be some of the discrepancies we're seeing in the dyno numbers as TM is not showing to be an issue when tuning a Demon ECU.

Last edited: