Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye Owners with aftermarket Intakes Post up..

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Hey guys.. just ordered an LMI intake for the Redeye.. have a Bwoody on my Charger already as some of you know.. Overall I’m happy with the Stock Filter on the Redeye.. really I just desire more Whine!!.. now on the Redeye we don’t have the heat extractors.. so when your sitting in the drivers seat you really don’t hear as much whine with the stock setup as I really crave for.. anyways I’m still super pleased how the Bwoody sounds... but I’ve always had interest in the Legmaker setup with the carbon tube.. thought it would give the engine bay a little cleaner look.. not really a fan of the rubber gromet and the closed box to hood even though it may very well be more effective at cooling in certain scenarios. So I wanted to post to see how many of you guys are actually going to aftermarket filters on your Redeyes or Demons.. it’ll be intriguing to see the actual IAT results. On my Charger I’ve noticed atleast a 10 degree drop in temps over the closed box. I’ll be interested to see now when the lmi is installed how it will perform. I’ve noticed the lmi sits really close to the hellcat Eye which will blow the air right in.. my other theory is since the intake won’t be connected to the right hood scoop you’ll get a lot of cool air into the engine bay as well as some getting sucked into the filter. I honestly think with the airflow improvement of the lmi design and the placement without a heat shield may result in lower temp especially on repeated pulls and days that are cooler than 80 or so outside.. it’s all speculation but I’ll post up results of IAT difference whether I see it positive or negative and I’ll do some pulls 0-100mph to see if I can beat my consistent 6.8 / 7.0 second range pulls. Really I’m just looking for added whine which I’ve watched plenty of videos where it sounds atleast twice as loud.. but I’ll definitely report on those other things I mentioned since I haven’t really seen much info/data On direct comparisons on the Redeye/Demon models intake AFM replacement.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I spoken with several tuners who indicate although the LMI has performance gains over the older Hellcats with the closed air box, it does not show any performance gains over newer dual snorkel CAI on the newer Redeyes and Hellcats. The test were done on the dyno.

I am waiting for the replacement CF tube for the newer Redeyes and Hellcats. It will use the OEM filter and cold air box.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I was of the understanding that the other raisin scoop on 19+MY is just a lookie loo...does not have any function other than looks. I often wondered why, seems that a little effort and you could have both feeding the BEAST!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Matt, they tell me it IS LOUD! Especially as we approach from behind and are hammering it at WOT. It don’t sound nearly the same from the drivers seat, especially at higher speeds.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was of the understanding that the other raisin scoop on 19+MY is just a lookie loo...does not have any function other than looks. I often wondered why, seems that a little effort and you could have both feeding the BEAST!
Not sure what you saying but both hood scoops function on my 2019 Redeye.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Evansville
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
REWB
The passenger side scoop doesn't actually "function", per se. That little quarter sized hole between the two scoops is only there to bleed off pressure from the passenger side scoop. The engineers found, in experimenting with an open passenger scoop, that it actually lowered what the engine drew in because it fought against the air on the drivers side. On the passenger side, the air would have to come into the scoop, take a 90* turn to the right, then crash right into the air being drawn into the drivers side scoop. Think about spraying a water hose straight out in front of you, then hitting that stream of water with another stream being sprayed directly perpendicular to it.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I believe if you look at it the scoop on the passenger side is internally closed or choked down. I was looking for the reference material I had on this but can’t put my fingers on it right now. Not saying you’re wrong but if I find the info I’ll post it up. That’s why so many people want the Demon hood, like me! Still looking for the oem hood. John

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Matt, they tell me it IS LOUD! Especially as we approach from behind and are hammering it at WOT. It don’t sound nearly the same from the drivers seat, especially at higher speeds.
Oh trust me I know this already.. I’ve been outside the car with my dad driving it and I noticed this as well while in front of it.. what I don’t like is the Redeye exhaust tone is definitely louder Than a standard hellcat and once you get over like 3k rpms I just hear that loud ass exhaust.. I need the whine up a few notches so I can hear it better with my window down.. one thing I really like in the Charger is when you change the trans settings you can hear the louder whine in sport and track.. also when you downshift from third to second in sport or track you can hear the whine through the Bwoody... in the challenger the volume is cut back for the driver with the closed setup and the rubber gromet.. those two things I think cut the whine like 50 percent to my ear from being in the drivers seat. I’m looking for the whine to be louder than the exhaust From the drivers perspective that’s basically what I’m looking for... I know it’s loud outside the car but I want it loud inside the car and just Absurdly rip your face off.. wtf was that sound kinda loud haha.. I want people to be scared when I give it a little Juice at even 2500 or 3k rpm and their next to me with windows down .. And I personally think from what I’ve seen and heard. The LMI and Bwoody from my own experience accomplishes the holy hell whine sound that the stock filters I have to say lack a bit.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
Also, it’s a Redeye hah.. if it’s hot I can flick a switch for 30 seconds in track mode and cool the thing down 15 degrees at will blowing A/C into the motor..

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
I believe if you look at it the scoop on the passenger side is internally closed or choked down. I was looking for the reference material I had on this but can’t put my fingers on it right now. Not saying you’re wrong but if I find the info I’ll post it up. That’s why so many people want the Demon hood, like me! Still looking for the oem hood. John
Enigma is 100 percent accurate. Personally I think the Redeye hood looks better than the demons. Not sure if you guys notice this but the Redeye hood flexes a lot over 100. My charger hood don’t flex at all. That demon hood at high speeds over like 160+ might blow off lol. Kinda just kidding but not really. Must flex a ton though with air gushing in that big gap at high speed

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh trust me I know this already.. I’ve been outside the car with my dad driving it and I noticed this as well while in front of it.. what I don’t like is the Redeye exhaust tone is definitely louder Than a standard hellcat and once you get over like 3k rpms I just hear that loud ass exhaust.. I need the whine up a few notches so I can hear it better with my window down.. one thing I really like in the Charger is when you change the trans settings you can hear the louder whine in sport and track.. also when you downshift from third to second in sport or track you can hear the whine through the Bwoody... in the challenger the volume is cut back for the driver with the closed setup and the rubber gromet.. those two things I think cut the whine like 50 percent to my ear from being in the drivers seat. I’m looking for the whine to be louder than the exhaust From the drivers perspective that’s basically what I’m looking for... I know it’s loud outside the car but I want it loud inside the car and just Absurdly rip your face off.. wtf was that sound kinda loud haha.. I want people to be scared when I give it a little Juice at even 2500 or 3k rpm and their next to me with windows down .. And I personally think from what I’ve seen and heard. The LMI and Bwoody from my own experience accomplishes the holy hell whine sound that the stock filters I have to say lack a bit.
Okay, let us know if you succeed. I had the Demon filter in for the last track videos FYI, I just don’t know how it could transmit more whine. It will be there Monday when we film more entertainment. I have some people so scared they won’t even get into my RE for a ride, Matt! Some nearly cried during their rides in the HC. Wimps.

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #12
Okay, let us know if you succeed. I had the Demon filter in for the last track videos FYI, I just don’t know how it could transmit more whine. It will be there Monday when we film more entertainment. I have some people so scared they won’t even get into my RE for a ride, Matt! Some nearly cried during their rides in the HC. Wimps.
Check this video out..

OP
Matt someone with an SRT

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Haha that’s funny. Well it sure is a different feeling being in the passenger seat! No one wants to ride with me in my family 😂

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The passenger side scoop doesn't actually "function", per se. That little quarter sized hole between the two scoops is only there to bleed off pressure from the passenger side scoop. The engineers found, in experimenting with an open passenger scoop, that it actually lowered what the engine drew in because it fought against the air on the drivers side. On the passenger side, the air would have to come into the scoop, take a 90* turn to the right, then crash right into the air being drawn into the drivers side scoop. Think about spraying a water hose straight out in front of you, then hitting that stream of water with another stream being sprayed directly perpendicular to it.
I think you just explained it does in fact function.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had my Demon crate filter in for several months. No real noticeable difference in sound.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
When my wife is following, or riding along side me in traffic, she says the lmi is definitely louder than stock Hellcat exhaust

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
When my wife is following, or riding along side me in traffic, she says the lmi is definitely louder than stock Hellcat exhaust
You meant the stock intake😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
You meant the stock intake😂😂😂😂😂😂😂.
Of course it’s louder than stock intake. I’m saying she was following me yesterday and she told me she could hear the lmi intake over the exhaust