Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Redeye noise, maybe just normal? Dual fuel pump?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Did a search but came up empty.
So just picked up the new RE today and noticed at stops while running waiting to take off there’s a rhythmic spinning/clicky sound on the passenger side that my ‘16 Hellcat didnt have. Goes away when you give it the juice, even in park. Leads me to believe it’s fuel related. Wondering if that might be the dual pump noise that ive read about somewhere, or if I need to drop it to the dealer to have a listen. Sound familiar to anyone?

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Unrelated but you got her today?! Did you post pics and how you like her?

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Unrelated but you got her today?! Did you post pics and how you like her?
Ya picked it up today. This thing is the cat’s meow. I love it.
9C46C79A-B993-493F-A4F8-87EFAD666946.jpeg 43B848C9-8134-4B13-8D31-BC9FB6A68B0F.jpeg

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Killer man! Congratulations!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Does she have the 717hp or 797hp maybe that’s the issue:whistle:

4JET4ME

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lake Stevens
State
WA
Country
United States
Damn! That is beautiful. Looks fast sitting still. Congrats Slowpoke!

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Well the hood is worth negative ten hp i think so after doing the math - um what?

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Hey do you have a noise on yours that’s similar to what im describing? Wondering if I should bring it back for them to listen to. Or are the pumps just loud in these...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Haven’t hear of this and all I hear is that big ass noisy supercharger. I wouldn’t take her yet to the dealer some tech will f@ck it up.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here listen to mine

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
So just picked up the new RE today and noticed at stops while running waiting to take off there’s a rhythmic spinning/clicky sound on the passenger side that my ‘16 Hellcat didnt have. Goes away when you give it the juice, even in park. Leads me to believe it’s fuel related. Wondering if that might be the dual pump noise that ive read about somewhere, or if I need to drop it to the dealer to have a listen. Sound familiar to anyone?
I have a clicky sound on my passenger side front right rotor. It comes from the rotors clicking though. I can only hear it at low speeds.. and after I do some braking. Usually can only hear it when the sound echoes off an object I’m passing on the right close by at slow speed. The sound is consistent and clicks like every rotation of the wheel.. but very faint sound.. like half the sound a stone in your tire makes. More like a Playing card from a deck fixed to a bicycle tire.. I also still get the clicks on my driver side rotor when I crank the wheel to do a steep turn to the right.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Other than these slight annoyances with the two piece clicky rotors. My car has had no other issues.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well the hood is worth negative ten hp i think so after doing the math - um what?
You know that whole hood thing is really a crock 🐊 of sh*t. The super stock has 807.. 💁‍♂️🤷‍♂️.. and the same RE hood 🤔. Hell guys out there have 1000 horsepower Redeyes.. would they be 1010 with the demon hood lol? I think that hood horsepower game they played is honestly kind of stupid. Oh and the new charger Redeye performance hood... looks stupid.. I’m just going to say it. To me It’s oversized it looks like a Hood for an STI ricer.

Last edited:

VARedEye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Martinsburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye
Its hard to say what your hearing, but i will tell you it does have its own distinct ticking sound, kind of like when you go from stock exhaust manifolds to headers. Hope that makes since

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
@Slowpoke387 your good, it is entirely normal. About all of us with a RE hear it. There has been threads here and there on it. It is the fuel pumps.

By the way, of course I am going to say your car is nearly perfect. What interior color does it have?

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
@Slowpoke387 your good, it is entirely normal. About all of us with a RE hear it. There has been threads here and there on it. It is the fuel pumps.

By the way, of course I am going to say your car is nearly perfect. What interior color does it have?
I thought I remembered reading about the pumps being loud, but cant find the posts. Man thats an odd sound for a pump. With my windows up I thought the pickup next to me in traffic sitting at a light was a diesel or something until I realized it was me lol. A faint almost tiny exhaust manifold leak type sound like @VARedeye said. Goes away when you give it any gas.
Interior is not demonic or sepia, sorry guys lol. For me black leather with the carbon fiber trim/suede headliner package was the only way to go. Just oozes badassery. The suede comes all the way down the pillars, nice touch. Glad I got that package. Really love how these things are evolving. The differences from my ‘16 are many and I like them all, except the little mechanical toy winding sounding of the pumps at idle.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
You know that whole hood thing is really a crock 🐊 of sh*t. The super stock has 807.. 💁‍♂️🤷‍♂️.. and the same RE hood 🤔. Hell guys out there have 1000 horsepower Redeyes.. would they be 1010 with the demon hood lol? I think that hood horsepower game they played is honestly kind of stupid. Oh and the new charger Redeye performance hood... looks stupid.. I’m just going to say it. To me It’s oversized it looks like a Hood for an STI ricer.
I’d have to agree. Obviously FCA had to let the cat out of the bag when they released the SS. It was that or put yet another hood on it to keep the myth going but they decided to save the money and fess up without fessing up. Funny thing is we all still would've bought these cars if they had just come out and said “hey we’ve decided to limit the power to honor the Demon”. We get it. Now they kind of look like they were being shady with info. In the end I dont care. One drive in the RE and it goes away lol.

OP
Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
Its hard to say what your hearing, but i will tell you it does have its own distinct ticking sound, kind of like when you go from stock exhaust manifolds to headers. Hope that makes since
Only at idle? And does it go away when you give it gas? Just comparing symptoms.