Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Pissed off beyond belief (vent)... and dash question

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
just threw up
Gag!!
my god Hunter...you dine on things that crawl through swamps...and live under rocks...and a slightly modded.interior with a little latino flare makes you toss your cookies?????

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Those are the girls I date. Manly girl, what will they snort about you tonight?? Snort about it when they crawl back in their coffins. Your address is so they can fly over??

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
my god Hunter...you dine on things that crawl through swamps...and live under rocks...and a slightly modded.interior with a little latino flare makes you toss your cookies?????
Heard you northerners call crawfish "bait".
An enjoyable delicacy down here.
Suck the heads to get a spicy surprise......
:ROFLMAO:

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Ok, now I understand...

With that said, this last part is where I personally think the idea falls apart...

Look at how the factory installs a dash (through the windshield) versus how you have to do it after the fact.

Invasive as hell if you ask me, anytime I've had to pull a dash on previous vehicles, I've seriously considered selling the vehicle instead.

But I think you're right, it IS possible, just not at the price Delta in parts.
Might it not be cheaper to have Safelite (or some other mobile auto glass company) meet you at the dealer and remove the windshield, then replace it when dash is swapped, as opposed to paying dealer labor rates to have dash removed/swapped via the doorway?

Just a thought...

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Might it not be cheaper to have Safelite (or some other mobile auto glass company) meet you at the dealer and remove the windshield, then replace it when dash is swapped, as opposed to paying dealer labor rates to have dash removed/swapped via the doorway?

Just a thought...
After I saw the factory Challenger production video, I've had that thought that if I ever have to pull the dash, that it might be a good way to go.

Some of the wire harness connections are a mother * to disconnect though, I get the impression that they are a one time deal. (From my old Ram)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #26
Wonderful! What the hell kind of engineering is this?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #27
Well.... I was able to get most of the scarring out of that nasty dash. I can probably live with it. lol If I have to. I'll just never look over on that side of the car.

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
1570896268227.jpeg

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Well.... I was able to get most of the scarring out of that nasty dash. I can probably live with it. lol If I have to. I'll just never look over on that side of the car.

View attachment 4321
I can’t believe you put that steel in there without wrapping the end or protecting your dash and console top? It is easy to have an accident even if you are trying to be careful. Just saying...

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
I can’t believe you put that steel in there without wrapping the end or protecting your dash and console top? It is easy to have an accident even if you are trying to be careful. Just saying...
No supplies handy for such wrapping (this is some 45 miles away). And never needed before - only the fact that the employee would not wait at the site when I said, "Wait, let me get the end" resulted in the ruckus. I know the guy was eager to help, but damn. It's all about quality employees with some inteligence. You should see my newest dump trailer.