Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Picture of Redeye or Demon Fuel Pump Bucket?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I was working on the fuel system for Go Man Go this weekend (2016 Hellcat) and like other cars it has a single pump that's fitted to a plastic bucket. There's a 1/2" line connected to the pump assembly that feeds the engine (output) and about a 3/8" line coming in from the right side that flows fuel over the pump presumably to provide cooling, but also keep the bucket full. This helps maintain adequate fuel around the pump in all driving conditions like hard cornering or hard launches.

The concern with buckets as it relates to aftermarket high performance fuel systems like the dual pump drop in unit is that they can drain the bucket faster than it can be filled, so they do not include one. The pumps are free standing in the fuel tank. As a result it's recommended to keep the fuel level above 1/4 tank if you plan to go WOT as fuel could slosh away from the pumps leaving them to suck air. Not good at WOT.

I'm curious if anyone has pictures of a Redeye/Demon/Trackhawk fuel pump assembly to see how SRT solved this concern as these vehicles come with dual pumps from the factory.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #2
I think I found one on Ebay. Looks like they have the feed line to the bucket coming from the right toward the bottom to keep it full rather than pour over the top of the pumps.

RE_FP.jpg

RE_FP2.jpg

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
I believe I read somewhere that the feed into the bucket comes from the cross tank transfer pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #4
Indeed it does.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I just changed out the bucket assembly on my truck and on the bottom, there was a small screen filter and the pump was able to pull through the bottom of the bucket. Not sure if the one in the cars is the same or not.