Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

PCV system question

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I disagree,, just to disagree. Catch can no can, as long every 6 months no metal in that critter. Damn filter just broke in at 6 months. This dude I share my garage with, 2018 Z06, works at a high performance shop. He has 3 vettes and 40 cases of Mobile 1 in the garage. Not quarts, but cases. I am sure he will sell some of that if any takers. Get that stuff and junk plastic car out of the garage. 40 cases. I love vettes but this thing is the ugliest they have ever made. Bat mobile.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
That all sounds good in concept and theory, I'm just not convinced the Hellcat engine with it's big ass valve cover chambers really needs it. If I ever have the top of my supercharger off, or the supercharger itself, I'll be sure to check it out. Hey, I'm old school and think there are far too many gadgets people have come up with to try and separate us from out money. These Hellcats are the biggest example! lololol
I have $20 in mine... not $200. A healthy compromise in my opinion. I'll keep track of my captured oil result in my build thread.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hey now, I resemble that remark...

But I don't care for the ones that don't have properly opened perforations either.

;)
I have a local place that makes in store kielbasa. They are right from Poland. Don’t speak any English. I find myself grunting when I go in there. It’s damn funny. But man is it good.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Not to resurrect a potentially dead thread but I just checked my catch can and not a damn thing in it. Stock 6.2. Daily and race it. Taking it off. Also for sanity check blew through the hoses. Nothing blocking in either one.

4686E715-889A-480C-8FE6-C46855D05782.jpeg

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
That all sounds good in concept and theory, I'm just not convinced the Hellcat engine with it's big ass valve cover chambers really needs it. If I ever have the top of my supercharger off, or the supercharger itself, I'll be sure to check it out. Hey, I'm old school and think there are far too many gadgets people have come up with to try and separate us from out money. These Hellcats are the biggest example! lololol
You dont have to go to that much trouble to find out. If your car puffs a little blue smoke after sitting over night when you first start it up. You need a catch can. Or you can pull the throttle body and look down the cats throat and see if your greasing it up. I say you are, to some degree, if you dont run a can.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Mine has about two tablespoons of oil between oil changes.

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I put a upr can on mine as soon as i got it home. It had 164 miles on it. At first i got more in the can than i liked. Maybe 1/4 full after 2000 miles. Now with a wopping 7000 miles on it i hardly get any in the catch can

OP
SilverBillet

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Thread Starter #28
Nothi
Not to resurrect a potentially dead thread but I just checked my catch can and not a damn thing in it. Stock 6.2. Daily and race it. Taking it off. Also for sanity check blew through the hoses. Nothing blocking in either one.

View attachment 20567
ng to worry about. You can test to see if your PCV is working at the valve cover but just goes to show you everything is tight and youdon’t really need it on these cars. My 5.7 was way different. It fills up between oil changes.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
You dont have to go to that much trouble to find out. If your car puffs a little blue smoke after sitting over night when you first start it up. You need a catch can. Or you can pull the throttle body and look down the cats throat and see if your greasing it up. I say you are, to some degree, if you dont run a can.
A 6.1 I had would pool a little in the lower plenum of the manifold. The 5.7s I had at work would pool up a little too and when the guys would back down our ramp to book a detainee, they'd go out and start their car and some of them would puff a little smoke.

My point about our Hellcats is more based on the way different valve covers that are designed with the big oil separator area (so to speak) built in. Without a catch can, where does the oil pool up, at the front of the blower or in the upper plenum around the intercoolers?