Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Other Forced Induction Options.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Thread Starter #41
With a huge budget you can do whatever you want, twins, pro charge, etc and your thousands in to it. For like $700 I put a pulley on mine and make 16-17psi and can run 9s. Obviously I had to do injectors, pcm, and tune, but you'd have the same (or more) with the other setups. Cam? $$$$ in this car and good luck with tuning that nightmare.

Hellcats are already very potent as is and with minimal upgrades become street/strip weapons. There are proven combos. If you want to be a trend setter (read R&D customer) then be ready for what that means. Been there done that and have the check stubs that go with it. On the Hellcat I want KISS.

I do agree that I wouldn't personally spin the blower faster than I am now. If I need "more" at some point porting would be next but after the early failures I'm gonna sit that out and see how these hold up long term. I don't want headaches and the porting is pretty expensive as well. I bet you could almost buy a 3.0L IHI for what the porting service costs and you'd be ahead.

I've already met my goals for the car. Had I not had that engine failure I'd have very little in to it for how it runs. With the upgraded engine I'm better off in the long run but it hit the pocket book more than I really wanted for this car. IF I ever decide I wanna run lower 9s I'll be hunting for a 3.0L IHI blower.
This thread was never directed at the owner who just wants a taste or a tickle; it was about the guy who throws copious amounts of money at a single concept (the PD blower) which is rife with compromises - compromises which have be very clearly identified - just to come up short or broken. Simply put: if you are going for the gusto it doesn't happen with a factory IHI-based blower (It is just a bad idea all-around) - avoid the status quo and accept that you are going to have to get inventive.

The Procharger test video I posted makes it very clear that a basic F-1A-94 ($3500) head unit is 1200+hp capable out of the box on a 427+ cube engine. A full kit is still less than $8000. That is not cost prohibitive when you can pull off your 2.4L blower sell it and never even consider buying a $700 pulley (which is exceedingly disgusting when you can get a Procharger pulley for $100 or less). The business case speaks for itself especially considering the supporting mods are a constant and cancel themselves out.

I'd be curious to know how many guys are sitting at home reading this and wondering what their rotors look like right now. Bet they have that sickly feeling/taste in the back of their throats from anxiety and self doubt...

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
It really depends on a person's end goals . For an all out competition race car as much as I hate to say it turbos would be the best option in my opinion. On a street car then there are many options . You also have to be realistic with your goals too .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Agreed. I don't understand why someone would start with a $70K - $80K street car as a starting point if a race car is the goal, but to each their own.

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #44

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Can you please stop posting stuff like this....you're just making me want a ProCharger that much more :p
And the kit they have for the Challenger just makes it that much easier

bad dog....bad dog....

OP
motorhead

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Thread Starter #46
Can you please stop posting stuff like this....you're just making me want a ProCharger that much more :p
And the kit they have for the Challenger just makes it that much easier

bad dog....bad dog....
Maybe if I start a YouTube channel it'll push you over the edge. #HellcatInfluencer

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Maybe if I start a YouTube channel it'll push you over the edge. #HellcatInfluencer
maybe so.....i'm easily swayed by bad influences from time to time :)

Within the past few months I watched one of the car shows where the did the entire install on a Challenger......pretty sweet.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
So.....I met a guy Saturday in my neighborhood that has an '18 Scat Pack and had the ProCharger kit put on his car, plus he had some forged parts added to his bottom end. Very nice set-up seeing it in person. He already wants to go to a bigger headunit. I'll get him to take me for a ride next time :)