Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ordered 2021 Charger Redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb Twp
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Hello All, I am new to this forum so sorry if I don't get all the lingo right away...lol I just ordered my 2021 Charger Redeye and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how long it will be? It seems that the dealer doesn't really know, and from what I understand they don't build until they get a certain amount of orders, then they build it. Is this true and am I going to be waiting months? Thanks

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Welcome, and yes, you will be.

OP
L
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb Twp
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #3
thanks for your honesty...lol Unfortunately my 2019 Charger Hellcat was just stolen 12 days ago, had I known these were highly stolen vehicles, I would've taken other measures to try and deter them the best I could. I have learned the hard way. It's a horrible horrible feeling of sadness, anxiety, anger oh so much anger..... Why do you say months? Are you going off experience? Do they only build them every few months? Does anyone actually know how it works? Thanks again

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
thanks for your honesty...lol Unfortunately my 2019 Charger Hellcat was just stolen 12 days ago, had I known these were highly stolen vehicles, I would've taken other measures to try and deter them the best I could. I have learned the hard way. It's a horrible horrible feeling of sadness, anxiety, anger oh so much anger..... Why do you say months? Are you going off experience? Do they only build them every few months? Does anyone actually know how it works? Thanks again
Welcome and congratulations.
Sorry for your (car) loss.
When everything was normal (2019), it still took almost 3 months for mine to arrive after ordering.
There is the "chip" shortage?
Shortage due to Covid?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Sorry to hear about your last one. I’m on my third one now. under “normal” circumstances the average for me has been 8-11 wks. But this year everything is completely off. Plant has shut down more than once due to micro chip shortages. This has pushed builds off into never never land. There are people here who ordered in March who are still waiting with no word. That’s not to say some havent been delivered sooner but my guess would be roughly three months. Just a guess from reading posts here. One last thing, orders normally get built faster as the season goes on for whatever reason so you may get lucky by ordering as late as you did if theyve got the chips sorted out yet.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Options can somewhat determine as well. I’ve been looking to buy a redeye and Durango. Well probability just the Durango at this point. But the dealer told me adding the blind spot was going to be an additionally delay. But has said his system wasn’t showing that as last week. But doesn’t mean this isn’t changing daily.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
thanks for your honesty...lol Unfortunately my 2019 Charger Hellcat was just stolen 12 days ago, ..... Why do you say months? Are you going off experience? Do they only build them every few months? Does anyone actually know how it works? Thanks again
Sorry to hear about your '19.

From current experience, I ordered my redeye on Apr 2, so coming up on 11 weeks...still waiting, but it's moving through the process, it's just a slow process (oh and I'm getting anxious). I would say it's going to take a bit.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
With all the chip shortages and plant shut downs if you get it in 3 months I’d be happy. Welcome to the forum.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Welcome aboard and sorry to hear about the stolen vehicle report which is not comforting. Another member here as well had their Charger Hellcat stolen from the basement of his high rise living. And you may or may not know this but Dodge is one of the easier cars to hack from your Key Fob. Hell you may be better off stealing the next guys RE since you could have one the same day😁

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry you lost your HC, and good luck on getting your HCRE! Welcome to our little corner of the planet, we look forward to photos!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat
Hopefully to see your hellcat soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your order.

Sorry your car was stolen.

I ordered my redeye charger in April, hopefully i see it in September, but no promises they said, could be as late as November.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post some pics up when you get it.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
It's a horrible horrible feeling of sadness, anxiety, anger oh so much anger.....
Been there, sucks, get a better one, keep it safe and secure

OP
L
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb Twp
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Thread Starter #15
Welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your order.

Sorry your car was stolen.

I ordered my redeye charger in April, hopefully i see it in September, but no promises they said, could be as late as November.
Did I read this right? you ordered in April and they said as late as November? who is they? WTH That is completely absurd. I thought orders took precedence. Shoot by then we can order the 2022. I was really hoping to enjoy part of the summer with my new car, since the thieves decided to enjoy the summer with MY CAR, assholes..... My husband and I are trying to figure out how we can try and make it somewhat theft proof. I know, I know. If they want to steal it they will. But if we could try and at least make it challenging for them.... It is a sucky world we live in that people like them ruin it for everyone else that works hard for what they have. There is a lot more I could and have said about that, but we will leave it at that...lol I hope everyone that has their car right now, is out enjoying it and staying safe. Can't wait for mine, but it looks like I have no choice...lol

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Did I read this right? you ordered in April and they said as late as November? who is they? WTH That is completely absurd. I thought orders took precedence. Shoot by then we can order the 2022. I was really hoping to enjoy part of the summer with my new car, since the thieves decided to enjoy the summer with MY CAR, assholes..... My husband and I are trying to figure out how we can try and make it somewhat theft proof. I know, I know. If they want to steal it they will. But if we could try and at least make it challenging for them.... It is a sucky world we live in that people like them ruin it for everyone else that works hard for what they have. There is a lot more I could and have said about that, but we will leave it at that...lol I hope everyone that has their car right now, is out enjoying it and staying safe. Can't wait for mine, but it looks like I have no choice...lol
One of the primary ways they steal them is to plug into the OBD port under the dash, bypass security, start it and drive away. In my son's Charger we pulled the OBD plug out of the bracket under the dash, moved it up into the dash, and installed a dummy OBD plug.

He also keeps his fobs in a faraday bag or metal box when it's parked so they can't use a device to extend the range of the fobs. This is the other way they usually steal them.

A member on here is also developing a cover for the neutral release strap next to the shifter. He already has a Challenger version so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Like you said, if they want it bad enough, they'll get it. But these minor measures should at least make it a more difficult target.

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
The dealer told me Sept earliest, as late as Nov.

Keep it in a garage. Protection from the sun which is very hard on cars, and they have to break into the garage first.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Hello All, I am new to this forum so sorry if I don't get all the lingo right away...lol I just ordered my 2021 Charger Redeye and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how long it will be? It seems that the dealer doesn't really know, and from what I understand they don't build until they get a certain amount of orders, then they build it. Is this true and am I going to be waiting months? Thanks
Hey there. I am new here as well. I ordered my Charger Hellcat Redeye on April 29th and still waiting. Last update I received was today and it has been built and sitting in a shipping yard waiting final logistics to be shipped to the dealer. The Brampton assembly plant was recently closed for 3 weeks due to the microchip shortage and there summer annual maintenance. So based on my experience 3 to 4 months providing the plant doesn’t shut down again. I have also been contacting the SRT customer service line weekly as they have been able to provide me more information then my dealer. Hope that helps and be patient my friend. Lol.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hey there. I am new here as well. I ordered my Charger Hellcat Redeye on April 29th and still waiting. Last update I received was today and it has been built and sitting in a shipping yard waiting final logistics to be shipped to the dealer. The Brampton assembly plant was recently closed for 3 weeks due to the microchip shortage and there summer annual maintenance. So based on my experience 3 to 4 months providing the plant doesn’t shut down again. I have also been contacting the SRT customer service line weekly as they have been able to provide me more information then my dealer. Hope that helps and be patient my friend. Lol.
Welcome and congratulations.
Sounds about typical.
Other than the chip wait.
Waited thru plant closure and car sitting waiting to be shipped in 2019.
Makes eventual delivery that much more sweet.