Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Not sure what to do!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
OP sorry to disappoint you, can’t answer the question, as I feel only you can answer that. We can all give advice but I think key questions have to be answered as there is so many variables that come into play, such as (intended use, daily driver, multi person road trips, street and track use, and how much of each). (preference of style and color, wide body vrs regular/narrow body). (ease of use 2 door vrs 4 door). (Mods if that’s your bag, what works best for your intended use to optimize your choice for best results). If you give More feed back on these key questions the brainiacs on this site will most certainly give accurate feed back on best fit based on the variables.

As far as financially wise, it’s almost always been unwise to trade in after first year based on the fact the car takes its biggest depreciation year one. But a lot has changed, new dynamics have come into play with used car prices up. Yet power dollars are gone. $10 per HP was a great thing ie: Red Eye $7,980 dollars off. So I guess based on the limited data I can only say do what makes you happy. We all have to do what makes us happy, live life to its fullest.

As far as life span of our current platform others have posted logical points In this thread. But no one here has 100% guaranteed time line on new platform, maybe RS can chime in under new screen name with crystal ball readings.
I personally feel that profit is at odds with image direction. The car is yielding good return but doesn’t fit their long term direction just like other company’s ice age to future electric migration. When is that going to be at critical conflict with Dodge.
Pice point for FCA/Stelantis, they pay out big money for carbon foot print to the likes of Tesla. There is a good margin of profit I would think based on the fact the car has a Loooong production run. R&D is paid for over and over. Mass produced parts over time gets cheaper. It’s car # 1 built vrs last built car profit, even on the SRT end. Again the grand question is at what point does the carbon foot print image go against profit and cooperate image direction, this may very well be the deciding factor for the new platform, and has most certainly been calculated accurately by them. More than likely this last year of pandemic has put whatever new platform is coming at us off by that amount time table they originally set. I do hope their swan song exit with this platform is something incredible ( Hellaphant in my ice age garage agrees with me, doubtful they can pull it off )