Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Nitto 555r2 first impressions

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
After my stock Pirellis were almost to the wear bars at 7000 miles (I dont do many intentional burnouts, but if they spin while im driving, then oh well haha) I was tire shopping. As reluctant as I was to put Atturos on such a nice car, since they worked so well on my Scat pack I figured oh well, at least I can have some fun and not scare the wallet too bad. One evening Amazon had 3 in stock. The next am, only one, and the only places I could locate them in stock they needed some extra stimulus or something.
I got in touch with a friend who works at a dealer to get some prices on some Indy 500's, Toyo Proxes, and something else.
After a few questions, we decided on the Nitto 555r2 in 315/35 for the widebody.

Picked them up last night, and while I didnt get a good opportunity to really test them, they defiantly hook from 60 which is more than I can say for the Pirellis, They seemed to do very well from 20, and on the ride to work this am, from a solid 15/20mph roll they spun just enough to kick the traction control light on and went!

Im sure they will get less mileage than a true street tire, but Im gambling that they last longer than the stock rubber that would spin if you looked at them wrong

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
After my stock Pirellis were almost to the wear bars at 7000 miles (I dont do many intentional burnouts, but if they spin while im driving, then oh well haha) I was tire shopping. As reluctant as I was to put Atturos on such a nice car, since they worked so well on my Scat pack I figured oh well, at least I can have some fun and not scare the wallet too bad. One evening Amazon had 3 in stock. The next am, only one, and the only places I could locate them in stock they needed some extra stimulus or something.
I got in touch with a friend who works at a dealer to get some prices on some Indy 500's, Toyo Proxes, and something else.
After a few questions, we decided on the Nitto 555r2 in 315/35 for the widebody.

Picked them up last night, and while I didnt get a good opportunity to really test them, they defiantly hook from 60 which is more than I can say for the Pirellis, They seemed to do very well from 20, and on the ride to work this am, from a solid 15/20mph roll they spun just enough to kick the traction control light on and went!

Im sure they will get less mileage than a true street tire, but Im gambling that they last longer than the stock rubber that would spin if you looked at them wrong
You can get about 5000 miles out of the 555r2 that’s about what I got. They hook really well. Once they are worn in a bit I think they do better. I’ve gotten a 0-100 mph in 6.7 seconds on the street with those tires in my Redeye Widebody. So that says a lot.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
I usually light foot first gear to about 3500-4000 rpm and shift off and then stomp it in second gear once I get between that like 15-24 mph range. My car does have the .309s

OP
white1

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States