Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NHTSA RECALL

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Just received.

Although this is NOT for FCA vehicles, I am providing this here as a PSA just in case you or a loved one has one of vehicles.

1571844154381.png

OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #2
OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Dodge has issued a recall for 173 cars, all various types of Challengers and Chargers, because the incorrect front wheels were installed at the factory, and could cause damage to the tires, according to a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration filing.

The recall, first announced on October 24, claims the setup could cause the front tires to make contact with the steering knuckle, which could rip a hole in the rubber and cause it to deflate, increasing the risk of a crash.

Affected cars will have their front wheels replaced free of charge, and if necessary, have their front tires replaced as well. An alignment will also be performed if the repairing dealership determines it's needed. So far, no owners have reported issues of their own.

According to Allpar.com, the cars affected were manufactured between May 28 and September 25. The list of vehicles affected include 111 Chargers and 62 Challengers, all with a specific high-gloss black wheel and brake package that "should not have been an available option" from the factory," a NHTSA recall report said.

Allpar.com reports the issue was first discovered by workers at Chrysler's Brampton, Ontario assembly plant, who saw the tire and steering knuckle on some cars were just a bit too close for comfort.

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Remember the Saturday Night Live Skit with the Air Bag full of Jiffy Pop? I think it was Chris Farley? We might be better off with that I think. Can’t watch that political hit show anymore. It’s just not funny. The Will Farrell and Chris Farley crowd was the last of the good ones.

OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Remember the Saturday Night Live Skit with the Air Bag full of Jiffy Pop? I think it was Chris Farley? We might be better off with that I think. Can’t watch that political hit show anymore. It’s just not funny. The Will Farrell and Chris Farley crowd was the last of the good ones.
It was Phil Hartman....

1574142018707.png

OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Ok thanks. I miss Phil. He was a great talent. Incredible voices. Very funny.
Agree. Phil made me laugh hard more than once.

When the news came out that he was killed by his wife... I was stunned. Very sad to lose such a talented and likable guy. :(:(:(

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Great characters he created, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer and of course Clinton going into McDonalds out in a run and snarfing down Big Macs. In a day when all politicians were fair game not just Republicans. Comedy is dead unfortunately. Killed off by political correctness and well as political bias.

OP
OLDBAYCRAB

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Great characters he created, Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer and of course Clinton going into McDonalds out in a run and snarfing down Big Macs. In a day when all politicians were fair game not just Republicans. Comedy is dead unfortunately. Killed off by political correctness and well as political bias.
You got me smiling just thinking about some of those skits. He was good. His dead pan spin on some of those characters, just cracked me up. :LOL::LOL:

Thanks for the memories. :):)