Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Newbi

Member ID
Reactions
City
Hummelstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Ram
Hi guys, thinking about purchasing a TRX so I joined to see what you guys have to say about the TRX.
I had a 2017 Challenger Hellcat Go Mango but traded it for a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Sinamon, I love the whine and thinking about a 2022 or 2023 TRX before they stop making them.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Hi guys, thinking about purchasing a TRX so I joined to see what you guys have to say about the TRX.
I had a 2017 Challenger Hellcat Go Mango but traded it for a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Sinamon, I love the whine and thinking about a 2022 or 2023 TRX before they stop making them.
Good luck with the purchase.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Buy a 2022 F150 Lightning you will be electrified😁. Your in a Mopar Community do you honestly think anyone here besides me would tell you to Buy a Raptor otherwise😬. I’m assuming your keeping your Hellcat so yeh go for it they are nice. I have driven one and don’t expect the Hellcat car feel just so you know. @WhipCat will set the record straight and guide you on the correct direction😎

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
@Jimmy N. has TWO of them in the family. He should be able to answer whatever you want to know.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Jimmy N. has TWO of them 4 door trucks in the family. Which means he now has 8 doors and loves 4 door vehicles😬. He should be able to answer whatever you need to know about 4 door vehicles.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Get a TRX, you won't regret it. The only thing wrong with them is the needless abundance of doors.
Well, and they don't handle quite like a Challenger, but I'm sure you knew that much.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Get a TRX, you won't regret it. The only thing wrong with them is the needless abundance of doors.
Well, and they don't handle quite like a Challenger and it’s slower than ChargerChallengers Ford Shelby Supersnake Truck😎, but I'm sure you knew that much.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just the fact that ChargerChallenger doesn't have a TRX is a great reason to buy one.
That way you know you're in good company.

OP
H
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hummelstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Ram
Thread Starter #9
Buy a 2022 F150 Lightning you will be electrified😁. Your in a Mopar Community do you honestly think anyone here besides me would tell you to Buy a Raptor otherwise😬. I’m assuming your keeping your Hellcat so yeh go for it they are nice. I have driven one and don’t expect the Hellcat car feel just so you know. @WhipCat will set the record straight and guide you on the correct direction😎
Yes I’m keeping the Hellcat, my only obstacle with the TRX is how high it sits, I’m an old fart and I need a side step or folding side step.
I would love for them to have a 1500 lowered street version with that motor.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yes I’m keeping the Hellcat, my only obstacle with the TRX is how high it sits, I’m an old fart and I need a side step or folding side step.
Meh, my girlfriend is about 5'3" and she deals with it just fine. But then again, she's not wearing high heels, which I think I read somewhere that ChargerChallenger occasionally does.
Which would help explain why he doesn't have a TRX. Unlike a snakey Furd, they are kinda manly.

I'd also like a lower and lighter TRX, but for use as a winter 'Cat the current version is better for me.
If the do release a 2WD 2-door, which is extremely unlikely, it would be tempting to get one, just because.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Right blows me away no lowered Hellcat Truck🤬
1D107AA5-9DB3-4479-B076-ADFE162D2035.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Right blows me away no lowered Hellcat Truck🤬
Well, that makes perfect sense, really. Dodge makes Hellcats, but not pickups.

OP
H
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hummelstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Ram
Thread Starter #13
Meh, my girlfriend is about 5'3" and she deals with it just fine. But then again, she's not wearing high heels, which I think I read somewhere that ChargerChallenger occasionally does.
Which would help explain why he doesn't have a TRX. Unlike a snakey Furd, they are kinda manly.

I'd also like a lower and lighter TRX, but for use as a winter 'Cat the current version is better for me.
If the do release a 2WD 2-door, which is extremely unlikely, it would be tempting to get one, just because.
I like the TRX configuration with Crew cab and 4x4, just lower it to the standard height of the 1500. I have no desire for off roading,

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I've already put narrower tires and a rear anti sway bar on mine (and an anti sway bar on hers).

That alone was a big improvement in the handling department. So far I haven't found any dedicated lowering springs, or looked into how the sophisticated shocks would deal with that.
Give me time.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
I like the TRX configuration with Crew cab and 4x4, just lower it to the standard height of the 1500. I have no desire for off roading,
Why not just get a Ram1500 and modify it yourself and mod the engine?
35519EDF-6B2C-446A-80F9-2526C690E361.png

Last edited:
OP
H
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hummelstown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Ram
Thread Starter #16
Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Why not just get a Ram1500 and modify it yourself and mod the engine?
I've thought about that approach, but even with me doing the work myself, it'd be tens of thousands cheaper to start with a TRX and convert it to a "regular 1500".

After all, at about 70K the TRX is a great starting point, whether you leave it as is or convert it to a lesser vehicle. Not to mention the money you could recoup by selling the fancy suspension bits.