Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

New Wheels and Tires Installed

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Played hookie today and mounted my FR73 Demon Replicas (satin black) 9.5 fronts / 10.5 rears with MPS4S (275/40 and 305/35) all around. Bought new SRT flat black center caps and new TPMS all around. Bled the brakes while I was at it.

Definitely a big change from the Brass Monkeys that came with the car. And the stance is definitely better with the staggered setup.

I always liked 5 star wheels and wanted something a little different than the other OEM style 5 stars, but still remaining somewhat OEM looking, so I went with the replica demons. Definitely wasn’t trying to make my car look like a Demon; obviously it’s a regular body, old style HC hood and 20” wheels.

They are definitely growing on me and black looks much better on DG than the brass monkeys. Works out now I have a summer abs winter set of wheels/tires.

Attachments

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Those look really good!

Soooooo, whatcha doing with those Brass Monkeys???

OP
thetalonguy

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Thread Starter #3
Those look really good!

Soooooo, whatcha doing with those Brass Monkeys???
Thanks :). I’m going to keep them as a winter set. I tend to have two sets of wheels/tires for the Summer / Winter.

The previous owner curbed the shit out of the BMs. I touched them up myself, but would probably bother most people if it were their good set.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
The
Played hookie today and mounted my FR73 Demon Replicas (satin black) 9.5 fronts / 10.5 rears with MPS4S (275/40 and 305/35) all around. Bought new SRT flat black center caps and new TPMS all around. Bled the brakes while I was at it.

Definitely a big change from the Brass Monkeys that came with the car. And the stance is definitely better with the staggered setup.

I always liked 5 star wheels and wanted something a little different than the other OEM style 5 stars, but still remaining somewhat OEM looking, so I went with the replica demons. Definitely wasn’t trying to make my car look like a Demon; obviously it’s a regular body, old style HC hood and 20” wheels.

They are definitely growing on me and black looks much better on DG than the brass monkeys. Works out now I have a summer abs winter set of wheels/tires.
The BM looks good on certain colors but I agree the black Demon replicas look better on the Destroyer Grey

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not bad:)

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The BM looks good on certain colors but I agree the black Demon replicas look better on the Destroyer Grey
Agreed, BM just doesn’t quite work with Destroyer. The black demon reps look great.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
They look great!

I agree the Brass Monkey wheels don't work well with Destroyer Gray. My son just had his Velgen wheels powdercoated since he had scratches from some asshole hitting him in a parking lot 🤬. Figured it was a good opportunity to maybe change the color up a bit, but his car is also Destroyer Gray (with all the black Daytona decals) and nothing really works (at least for him) except black or maybe silver so he just redid them black again.
16477060947898887779408983262714.jpg

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
They look great!

I agree the Brass Monkey wheels don't work well with Destroyer Gray. My son just had his Velgen wheels powdercoated since he had scratches from some asshole hitting him in a parking lot 🤬. Figured it was a good opportunity to maybe change the color up a bit, but his car is also Destroyer Gray (with all the black Daytona decals) and nothing really works (at least for him) except black or maybe silver so he just redid them black again.
Piening...those Velgin rims in black look really good. Got a pic of them mounted?

Talon...nice set up. Agree the black 5 stars look really nice on your Destroyer. I had Monkey's on my Granite Crystal '16 Hellcat and it looked great but the BM can be a tough color to build into a color scheme.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Piening...those Velgin rims in black look really good. Got a pic of them mounted?

Talon...nice set up. Agree the black 5 stars look really nice on your Destroyer. I had Monkey's on my Granite Crystal '16 Hellcat and it looked great but the BM can be a tough color to build into a color scheme.
From a couple years ago when it was still mine-
(and before anyone asks, they're 20x9.5(F), 20x11(R) with 275/40(F), 305/35 (R) in these pics)
20190628_171623.jpg 20190628_171710.jpg 20190628_171617.jpg

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Looks great with black.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle