The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is so popular, it's about to become a TV star.
The 707 hp muscle car has been in such short supply since it went on sale last fall that Dodge stopped taking orders for it earlier this week while it tries to catch up with demand.
Some dealers have been adding 50 percent markups to the $60,995 coupe, pushing list prices near $100,000.
Now someone wants to see just how high folks will go to get their hands on one, and is offering it at the upcoming Mecum Auctions event in Houston, which will be televised on April 10th.
The car that will cross the block has just 9 delivery miles on it, and hasn't even been dealer prepped for sale. The seats are still wrapped in plastic, and the Phantom Black Pearl-painted Challenger features a 6-speed manual transmission, brass-colored wheels, red seatbelts and the optional navigation system.
Mecum hasn't posted an estimate on what it thinks the car will go for, but it's being offered with an undisclosed reserve and the price listed on the window sticker is $63,070.
Don't expect to pay that, but if you get outbid, there's also a sweet 1970 383 R/T Special Edition Challenger at the auction to fall back on. It doesn't have the hot 707 hp Hellcat engine, but it does come with factory air conditioning, so that's still pretty cool, right?
- 9 actual miles
- Customer preferred package 25R
- Supercharged 6.2/707 HP Hemi engine
- Tremec 6-Speed transmission
- Tri-coat Phantom Black Pearl
- Premium Black leather trimmed bucket seats
- 20 inch Brass Monkey SRT forged wheels
- 275/40ZR20 tires
- Uconnect with AM/FM and SXM capability
- Navigation and Blutooth connectivity
- Red seat belts
- As delivered, never dealer prepped
- Stickers and markings on vehicle